Catapult Systems Reviews

Updated 20 Jul 2020

4.5
Catapult Systems President and CEO Terri Burmeister (no image)
Terri Burmeister
1 Rating
  1. "A great company to call home. No need to job hop if you come to Catapult."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance is the best I've experience in over 15 years in IT. C level employees take time to know your name, and genuinely seem interested. Salary is competitive, and if you work hard, your raises are great. Open door policy makes it easy to keep water cooler talk to a minimum, allowing for more focus on work. Very collaborative environment. Ego's are kept to a minimum. Great people to work with, and be friends with outside of the office. Most of the brightest and best work at Catapult. HR is the best in the business! Certs Paid for. Great management team.

Cons

Bonus structure needs to be evaluated. Pennies on the dollar, just don't hold much incentive. Preferred the renewal bonus of past.

Continue reading

"Good people are 'disappeared'"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salaries are average Benefit packages are average and 401k has employer match Some degree of self-management is possible Certifications are possible if you can get off customer project but getting off a customer project is difficult.

Cons

Unless you are a corporate employee, you are on-site with customers. As a consultant on-site you don't get to enjoy the niceties that the corporate office enjoys. You read corporate emails about the chair massages, beer closet, bingo, and wonder "how do these people have all this time on their hands!?" There are meetings that are held where delivery managers talk around a table, discussing consultants that they've barely met let alone worked with one-on-one. Yet decisions about these consultants are made in these meetings by these managers who know nothing about the consultants they are judging. It's an unfair practice that leads to bad decision-making. Prior to this year, the annual review process was a confusing Excel spreadsheet. Not very high-tech for a company who claims to be Microsoft's premiere partner. People pass each other in the hall and don't even make eye contact unless they're in their clique. It's a very clique-oriented place and I don't care for that type of environment. The turn-over rate is extremely high for a company who claims to be so highly sought after as an employer. When asking about people who just disappear, the line is like propaganda - they were bad employees, they didn't fit into the Catapult mold. I personally worked with many of these people who just disappeared and I know that they were good, smart people and I don't believe the made-up reasons for their dismissals. All in all, though I'm currently employed here, I have my resume ready.

Catapult Systems Response

December 21, 2016VP - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to see where we can make changes – one of those areas being performance reviews, as you mentioned. Terminating employees for performance is never an easy decision and not one we take lightly, but inevitably we have to do what we know is right for our teams and our business. While our turnover was higher than we would have liked from 2014-2015 due to the transition our company and the industry was going through, fortunately our turnover rate in 2016 was the lowest it’s been in years and is well below the industry norm. We continue to add new team members each month who are empowered by our vision and where we are going, and who enjoy the strong team culture we have built at Catapult. You note that you are a current employee. I would appreciate a confidential conversation with you if you are open to it. We look forward to sharing our exciting 2017 plans at the January kickoff and would like you to be part of it. -Liam

"Catapult is decidedly not one of the best places to work in Austin"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Market average benefit package Market average salary Bonus for extended business (remaining at a client site for 6+ months)

Cons

Don't believe the hype that this company is among the top places to work in Austin. It's not. Long-term (15 years+) employees leave often. Employees feel coerced to take surveys that inaccurately paint Catapult as a top employer in Austin. These surveys are supposedly anonymous but the links to them come delivered in emails addressed individually. Very few staff actually believe the surveys are anonymous. Ineffective, ambiguous, cumbersome annual review process. Very little opportunity for promotion. Customer-site Consultants can't be included in corporate office activities because they are fully expected to bill 100%. Yet, consultants who don't go to corporate functions are chided for their non-attendance. Reasons for termination are manufactured and untruthful. Catapult has a revolving door of turnover due to disrespectful attitude toward field consultants. Gender harassment/inequality in some client field teams making an unfriendly workplace for women. Some client onsite teams are verbally abusive and use public-shaming as a way of reprimanding consultants who are perceived to have made a mistake. With a company claiming to be in the top places to work, one might think there would be less 'sink or swim' on new client assignments, but that method is exactly how consultants are treated when arriving as a new addition to existing client on-site teams. Consultants are not privy to SOWs so they often have no idea of deliverable. Some client on-site teams are not willing to be collaborative and site knowledge is hoarded. Asking for assistance on these teams is regarded as being lazy. There is zero collaborative teamwork.

Catapult Systems Response

December 9, 2016VP - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry that your experience at Catapult felt so dissatisfying. Catapult has certainly gone through a lot of changes in the past couple of years with our transformation to the new cloud economy, and there have undoubtedly been some challenges as we’ve made that shift. As you noted, we’ve had excellent retention rates over our history, but even our very tenured employees may eventually be ready for a new start, especially during times of such transformation. Many of our former teammates are now Catapult partners and clients, and they will always be part of the Catapult extended family. Catapult promotes a culture of continuous feedback so that we remain focused on becoming a better company. Our requests for feedback both internally and those done by professional third parties are always optional and anonymous to ensure our teams feel safe providing honest and relevant feedback. Consulting is a challenging profession, but our employees know that we care about them as individuals and believe that we have a great place to work. We take pride in promoting a culture based on respect, teamwork, trust, and having fun, and that shows in the recognition we receive in the communities in which we work. Regardless of our intent, your feedback demonstrates that your experience while at Catapult was not a positive one, but we are always interested in learning how we can improve how we do things. I would welcome a call from you to discuss your feedback and ideas. –Liam Collopy, 512.225.6910

4. "Cloud transformation is in full gear"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people. Solid vision for the cloud. Fun work place. With the progress we've made this year, I'm excited to see what next year brings.

Cons

The transformation to selling cloud services has not been without its challenges, but our leadership team continues to invest in the right areas and position us as a market leader.

"Senior Consultant"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much travel is required

Cons

Companies business units act as independent companies not as one.

6. "Great place to work"

in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems for more than 5 years

Pros

management cares about a healthy work / life balance. Plenty of opportunities to enhance skillsets

Cons

hard to distinguish oneself with so many capable peers.

7. "Great company"

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

Catapult is a great small company to work for, in terms of people, culture, prestige as a Microsoft partner, and opportunity. They really encourage personal and professional growth, and do not pigeonhole people into one role.

Cons

Sometimes engagements can be trial by fire, since it's a small company and you might be the only one who almost knows how to do something. And because it's a privately held company there are no stock options or profit sharing.

8. "Great place for professional growth."

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

The people really make it a great place to work and grow. New ideas are welcomed, and communication with management is two-way. There is an emphasis on fun and teambuilding here that helps you get to know colleagues more so that you become stronger together. Managers value personal professional development and the company supports role based training. The culture of feedback here is really good, voices are heard and effective changes are made to benefit employees.

Cons

As a smaller company, there might not be a clear way to move up in your career field. However, you get to define your role and career growth by what responsibilities you own and succeed at. Your role is what you make it - within reason of course!

Continue reading
  9. "Start up feel at a stable company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The industry is changing quickly, and Catapult along with it. If you love a fast paced company who is values your thoughts, ideas and opinions, this is a great place. Yet Catapult has been around for over 20 years, so stable too. TONS of fun events and lots of focus on employee satisfaction. An all around great place to work.

Cons

As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth. But for most employees, there are plenty of opportunities.

10. "HR"

Human Resources Department in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing culture, great and smart people, ability to learn and grow, no politics and flat organization, managers really care about employees, always laughter in the hallways, great relationship with Microsoft.

Cons

Having offices in 7 different cities can be a challenge for consistency, but its also fun if you want to travel.

Found 148 reviews