Catapult Systems Senior Lead Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

David Fuess
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and benefits

Cons

I have None worth mentioning here

Catapult Systems2018-09-26

"Really good place to work if you're up for consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Each business unit has its own culture and some autonomy. So if there are things you want to change or negotiate, the local GM can make that happen. * Very strong focus on Cloud and delivering business value, good vision for the future. * Good career opportunities. I have advanced from Consultant, to Senior Consultant, to Senior Lead Consultant during my time at Catapult. On top of this I get recurring... training & development courses that is part of my Personal Development Plan. Microsoft certifications, and training material, are paid for. * Acquisition by Chinasoft has not affected our business unit at all. Still strong leadership and clear communication. This might be different in HQ. * None or very limited travel required. * 40-45h weeks is normal unless you want to keep climbing up that ladder and take on more responsibility.

Cons

* If you're having problems you have to reach out and get help. Don't expect to get anything for free, but also expect to get help when asked for. * Project Management culture has a long way to go. Some business units have very engaged PMs working with the consultants, while other business units have consultants that feels like "I don't need a PM" and that causes project delivery issues. * As with any... consulting gig, PTO days are sparse so negotiate to get the level you feel happy with. Management will definitely work with you to make you happy.

Advice to Management

* Assign Project Managers their real title. Don't call PMs "Senior Consultant" since that is just not true and confuses customers. * Incorporate lessons learned into delivery work. We're making the same mistake over and over again cross business units. * When a consultant is getting a new title or position, be clear about expectations in what tasks that has been added to the workload, and how many hours that... is expected.

Catapult Systems2017-04-26

"Great family friendly workplace"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing friendly management, family friendly

Cons

No growth opportunities, good for beginners to intermediate careers

Advice to Management

Please recognize talent and make an effort to keep them. Not make that effort when they decide to leave the company

Catapult Systems2016-07-29
  4. "Stable but Dynamic Consulting Company"

Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems for more than a year

Pros

Catapult is an employee focused organization, with many activities planned for bonding and networking. There are lots of opportunities for consultants to get training in technical and soft skill areas. Innovative with Intellectual Property led unique offerings, such as Fuse and Launch. Which are priced right and wisely managed services offering, not just application development. Flat organization chart -... consultants work with a different Delivery Manager for each project, so the team members you work with change with each engagement.

Cons

I am not a very social person, so the planned activities are less compelling. Although there a great many extremely talented consultants, often the qualifications for delivering a project is based on who is most available.

Advice to Management

Expand beyond the "Microsoft Consulting Company" reputation

Catapult Systems2016-07-12
  5. "Proud...."

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Catapult was just named the Microsoft US Partner of the Year! It's great being a part of it and look forward to the ride ahead. Go team!

Cons

The yearly performance review process was getting a little bit outdated but i'm glad to see that we are going with a more modern approach moving forward.

Advice to Management

Remain transparent as its refreshing to work for a company that treats its employees as adults and assets and isn't afraid to share information freely, including detailed financials.

Catapult Systems2016-06-08

"This place is *FULL* of opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at many different places in several industries. They ALL their "#1 resource" is their employees. This company says that, too - the difference is that they do more than pay it lip service. - If you work extra you get paid extra. - The company *Publicly* recognizes those who exemplify our 'core' values, and financially rewards them as well. - We have an EXTREMELY collaborative environment here.... People are always willing to lend a hand when you're stumped or have a challenging situation. - There is a formal process for disseminating information about how the company is doing. - There is a STRONG professional development program in place here.

Cons

I have run across a select few who actually think this is a TOUGH place to work. To them I would say that they need to get out in the world and experience a few more places where the company genuinely does NOT view the employee as anything more than a round peg in a round hole, to be paid salary and benefits. They'll regret leaving.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep doing what we're doing. The ship is righting itself.

Catapult Systems2016-03-22

"Not Perfect, but pretty damn good."

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Catapult has done an excellent job providing growth opportunities, and the work generally has been interesting. Like any consulting work, there are some ups/downs in the types of projects you get, but overall, it has been good. Lots of good opportunities to expand your skill set.

Cons

Catapult has made the mistake of assigning people to projects even if they weren't the right fit at times. Catapult hasn't gotten as far done the path of standardizing their process and delivery, but are working at it.

Advice to Management

Continue standardizing how we approach our projects. Keep focusing on delivering quality work. Continue to be flexible around the changing IT industry.

Catapult Systems2016-02-06

"No concern for employee only billing & hours"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice fellow employees. Good people to work with.

Cons

Many struggling projects and unhappy clients. Over promising and inability to deliver. As long as consultant is billing hours, client satisfaction is of no concern. Would never recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Develop people and repeatable processes. Let team members scope and approve projects, not over zealous sales people. Deliver quality instead of invoices without client satisfaction.

Catapult Systems2016-02-10
  9. "Great company with an awesome culture"

Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

I'm a senior lead consultant with 5 years experience at Catapult and have met some of the best people in my career while working here. Catapult has built a culture based on trust and teamwork and the projects we do are challenging and rewarding.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Catapult Systems2015-01-19

"Management Does Not Understand Current Market Trends"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, people are very friendly, general work atmosphere is great

Cons

Horrible SOW's that are not even possible to meet with given hours but yet expected Internal IT and management think that a 5 year old laptop is acceptable Marketing and sales HEAVILY relies on Microsoft deals/vouchers for gigs and is unable to obtain their own deals organically New management does not understand current consulting landscape, changes they wanted to implement have not been done fully and yet they... announce new ones.

Advice to Management

Fully implement your plans before you attempt to implement anything new. The Cloud is not just some new FAD that will go away. Get a new internal IT team. Bring back Sam!

Catapult Systems2014-12-31