Catapult Systems "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Catapult Systems Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 16, 2019

Found 141 reviews

4.3
Catapult Systems CEO David Fuess
David Fuess
Pros
  • "There is also a genuine push for work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people who are willing to help and go the extra mile for teammates(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Recently acquired by a Chinese company(in 6 reviews)

• "Oh, and the 401k match is a joke(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company, starting to grow"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

- Great culture of people who love people and love their work . (I can't stress this enough. These are really terrific people.) - Very flexible on travel (if you don't want to travel for family reasons, they tend to work with you). - Reasonable pay/comp' for the industry, and great pay in relation to work/life balance expectations

Cons

- Still growing in the mid-size company range and lacking some processes, but are actively working to improve this.

Advice to Management

- Focus on improving internal systems and putting in place processes and templates to streamline the contracting and administration elements of projects

Catapult Systems2018-02-01

Catapult Systems Response

February 6, 2018Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this feedback! We appreciate your voice and the positive emphasis that you give about our people. You're absolutely right - our people here are terrific. :)

2. "Catapult has been a great experience Have worked hard and got rewards for the same"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work has been appreciated Pay package is competitive Good place to work at Knowledgable people Fun work environment Great work life balance

Cons

Fast paced environment - hence need to be up to date with the latest technologies at all times. One has to spend time on upgrading himself

Advice to Management

Great job Would take steps to make sure job security is not an issue

Catapult Systems2017-11-11

Catapult Systems Response

November 13, 2017Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for your open and honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write on our page. So happy that you feel appreciated here for all of your dedication and hard work. It's encouraging that you feel you are able to achieve a good work life balance ...

3. "I loved this job"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

My team here was great! Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. Management has excellent practices to ensure everyone was accountable and meeting expectations. Although my manager was a bit new at his position (meaning there were a few growing pains), he always worked with me to make sure we were on the same page. I also felt like management was great at fitting people into roles that they work well in.... There is also a genuine push for work/life balance. Although I worked partially from home, my manager actually encouraged me *not* to answer emails late at night. The culture at Catapult is wonderful!

Cons

The work space (esp. 2nd floor) could use a little sprucing up. It's kind of drab and unorganized.

Advice to Management

There is too much of a focus on growth. That's not always realistic.

Catapult Systems2017-03-21
  4. "A great company to call home. No need to job hop if you come to Catapult."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance is the best I've experience in over 15 years in IT. C level employees take time to know your name, and genuinely seem interested. Salary is competitive, and if you work hard, your raises are great. Open door policy makes it easy to keep water cooler talk to a minimum, allowing for more focus on work. Very collaborative environment. Ego's are kept to a minimum. Great people to work with, and be... friends with outside of the office. Most of the brightest and best work at Catapult. HR is the best in the business! Certs Paid for. Great management team.

Cons

Bonus structure needs to be evaluated. Pennies on the dollar, just don't hold much incentive. Preferred the renewal bonus of past.

Advice to Management

Remember constant growth is not sustainable. The key is sustainability over time. There will always be peaks and valleys. People before profits, and the profits will come. Great job otherwise! Keep up the forward looking thinking.

Catapult Systems2016-12-12
  5. "Great place to work"

in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems for more than 5 years

Pros

management cares about a healthy work / life balance. Plenty of opportunities to enhance skillsets

Cons

hard to distinguish oneself with so many capable peers.

Catapult Systems2016-10-25
  6. "Dynamic, Responsive, Entrepreneurial, Stable Organization"

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

Catapult has an excellent culture, with very little stratification and no internal politics. Catapult also really cares about its people and this comes through in its by-and-large local delivery model, outstanding professional development program, regular social events, the annual "Catapult Kids Day," and the openness with which Management regularly shares information with all employees. The company does a... good job of anticipating, recognizing and mitigating business threats. It also has a legacy of being extremely loyal to its workforce--providing outstanding work/life balance, a strong benefits package and competitive salaries.

Cons

Catapult is undertaking a significant business model evolution brought about by the shift from product-oriented systems upgrade cycles and system integrations to cloud / consumption-based technology services. This is requiring a good deal of energy, focus and financial investment. As a small and dynamic organization, Catapult has not historically placed heavy emphasis on process maturity. This can really be both... good (in terms of rapid responsiveness to changing business conditions) and bad (in terms of unnecessary wheel-reinvention and occasional collaboration challenges).

Advice to Management

In terms of the business, keep doing what you are doing, but do it faster. Regarding employees, increase focus on long-term career planning and enablement.

Catapult Systems2016-06-10

"Great company, great management"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work-life balance. Very smart and highly motivated people. Generally great engagements with emphasis on client satisfaction. Management is top notch!

Cons

Recently acquired by a Chinese company. There have probably been some changes, but haven't heard anything bad.

Catapult Systems2015-09-24
  8. "Great Company"

Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems

Pros

Great culture, good work/life balance, strong leadership.

Cons

None, they seem to have worked all of those out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing.

Catapult Systems2015-01-28

"Like any other consulting company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented consultants. Well developed processes and guideline for consultants to follow. Work life balance is good. Local clients for each office

Cons

Don't fall for the any of the bragging they do about their company, you will be disappointed. Management has their own hidden agenda and works towards getting their own cut. Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don’t expect to get anything extraordinary. Marketing team is week and highly dependent on leads from Microsoft for new projects.

Advice to Management

Improve the bonus structure. Change the marketing team.

Catapult Systems2014-10-21

"Change is happening"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work people you work with are a huge influence to the great culture

Cons

very low pay and not much pay increase not much growth possibility change is happening from being bought by Chinese company and the change is firing/letting people go company not making much money since being bought

Advice to Management

be more transparent and honest with where the company is going since being bought

Catapult Systems2014-06-27