Cenlar Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 April 2019

2.4
Gregory S. Tornquist

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "As a growing company, it definitely has a lot of great benefits" (in 12 reviews)

• "Great co-workers, great experience" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No matter what they tell you there is no work/life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "No work life balance and overworked" (in 7 reviews)

"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Ewing, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Ewing, NJ (US)

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary and Great Co-Workers. Nothing else at all

Cons

The culture and work/life balance of Cenlar is horrible. Can’t work from home unless you beg yet they want you to be able to log in from home if there is a Snow Storm etc and can’t get in. God forbid you have a family emergency with child or car problems. They say “Nope there is no working from home” So where is the work/life balance?They went from quality base organization to a numbers game. It’s all about numbers. Answer this many calls a day, do this many reviews or loans a day. They could care less about the borrowers as long as it looks like you hit a trillion loans a day. The best VP’s or Mgr’s either leave company or are moved to positions that carry no weight. Supervisors here take demotions to be analyst etc because they can’t get promoted to manager. You can only get there if you leave company go to our compatition & come back 8-12 months later. Then for some reason you have the skills to be mgr or Burm or Business Analyst and get a 5-10K raise. WTH?? This is fact not lies. I know at least 5 spvrs that took demotions to analyst and multiple Sr or Team Leads that did the same thing to get from under bad bosses. People here transfer to 8 different positions over 8-10 years without being able to move up. WTF??? By the way where is the HR Dept in all this? They allow this BS. You can’t ever reach them anyway. They hide in some distant building in PA I think. No employee rep or advocate at all. So you just get bent over and have to take it. Department and company moral is at an all-time low and their answer to this is do more work and smile or "we have a great work/life balance" Where is it? My team has the worst moral I’ve ever seen and they are all about to go postal.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Stop letting VP’s and managers bring in their own people who are worse than the ones already here. Stop paying these right out of college kids so much and have them work a year or so to get feet wet. Pay loyal employees better and find a way to promote them to retain them. Let people work from home more as it will let them know you really offer a work/life balance. And for God's sake please start reading these bad review and make changes fast.

2. "A completely ridiculous company"

Pros

Good pay, fun colleagues, great location.

Cons

Getting tasks completed because no one would follow up or actually do their job

Advice to Management

Yeah learn how to call customers back

3. "Okay place"

Former Employee - Financial Representative
    Former Employee - Financial Representative

I worked at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plays politics
    Favoritism
    Some people don’t know how to work with others
    Some people are rude and mean

Cons

Can have some fun
    Some people are good to work with

4. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Default Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Default Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance is good but you will need it with the mental toll this place will put on you. When you are being lied to and treated poorly because you are not close friends with the management BEFORE. you came there. You don't feel like you are in the United States in this place.

Cons

Extremely biased. If you are in Arizona you need to be Mexican or Puerto Rican then you will be treated like gold even if you do a bad job. You will have the best chances of getting into loss mit and off the phones.

You can have the best stats in that place consistently but if you are not Mexican or friends with a supervisor you are forever stuck and treated differently. I encourage all Mexican people to go there, they will treat you golden, everyone else better be very thick skinned. Top management is so out of touch this stuff happens right under there nose but they don't even care. If you can cook good Mexican food that is the best trait to have, you can have the worst stats and production of everyone but just cook some tasty burritos and all the supervisors and team leads will treat you like your the most valuable person in the place.

People are leaving this place in droves and they don't even care! Good hard working people with good stats but as long as the burrito makers stay it's all good for them.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because they probably never read thesr, they do not care. They don't care what people think.

"Company is changing...NOT FOR THE BETTER!"

Current Employee - Satisfactions Specialist
    Current Employee - Satisfactions Specialist

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to be so many PROS in the beginning when I started working here 7 years ago! Bonuses were great, work environment was enjoyable, management was great and there was much flexibility. When Citi came on board everything changed drastically!! Right now, I don’t think there are any PROS as of right now! I would have to say, as a PRO I look forward to my lunch break and weekends! LOL

Cons

Where do I begin!! Management is horrible! It is hard to get time off...only one person can be off at a time including manager and supervisor. Management is not fair nor truthful. HR does not really help you when you have a valid concern. Since the company has changed, many higher ups have been forced to quit and some have just resigned because they see the way the company is going! Managers and VP’s are in something right now called CRB which is Cenlar Resource Bank, it is for departments that have shut down or had to have people leave because of little to no work. They are floaters. It’s a very stressful and crazy time at Cenlar! Many are leaving and getting out! I don’t recommend coming to Cenlar!

Advice to Management

They really need to be fair and truthful! Also they should hire management who is skilled and knows the tasks! Many of the supervisors and managers have no clue what they are doing at ALL! They can’t even assist the team!

6. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Management listens to what you have to say. A team environment with lots of activities going on to make it fun to come to work. Good pay and benefits. The company contributes to the cost of benefits you choose so depending on how many people you are covering you may pay nothing.

Cons

Hard to get a response from HR because there is only one person on site.

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good and bonus is nice only when the company makes a profit. Great benefits also.

Cons

Management will lead you on about a promotion, but give you the extra work without the official title. Company has become VERY strict with time off of the phones. You will have to document yourself each time you go to the bathroom. Systems are outdated and lead to longer call times. Many processes need to be updated in order to make customers have a better call experience. Call escalation process is abysmal!

"You spend all day answering calls"

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative

I worked at Cenlar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits and pay and lots of work incentives.

Cons

Very high call volume. Spend entire shift on phone

Advice to Management

Provide more training to employees

9. "GREAT!"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place Ive worked in my career

Cons

Wish I could be there more! Love this place!

"Probably among the best companies I've worked for"

Pros

Absurdly good benefits for medical, awesome accident insurance, stable hours

Cons

No nonsense workplace with very little flair, nice that it's not patronizing but the workplace culture is somewhat dull, dental plan is very weak