Central Garden & Pet Brand Manager Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse culture with challenging workloads and opportunity to work in different areas of business.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities due to the relatively smaller size of the organization.

September 11, 2019Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the great review. Growth may be limited in smaller locations but with over 40 locations in the US, there are opportunities if people are willing to move.

"Small company feel - big company benefits - family oriented culture"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very supportive internally. Not competitive. Everyone wants you to succeed. Family is first. Small company - so you're expected to go outside the norms of your job... which I love as every day is different

Cons

Small company feel, but public company. Therefore, dynamic to corporate is sometimes stressed as they do not know (or do) the best thing for the business

August 1, 2019Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you feel supported and have work-life balance. Family is definitely first at Central!

"401K restrictions"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have one. Ask about company-wide participation.

Cons

All years I've worked here, I've been restricted to the amount of pretax income I can contribute to my plan. I can only contribute drastically less than the the full $17k.

November 24, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The IRS regulates how much employees over a certain salary can contribute to their 401k each year, which is impacted by the number of total employees who are enrolled in the plan. If you would like more information on this, you may talk to your HR Partner or refer to the the IRS website.

"Ship with no rudder"

Former Employee - Brand Manager

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some staff are very kind

Cons

No growth, ever. Senior Management is continually fired or quits as a result of micromanagement of founder/chairman. Some very senior roles are occupied by drones looking over their shoulder. The rest are petty tyrants. Central never gives full bonuses to their management. Merit increases are 2 percent or lower. It's very difficult to motivate staff when they are given an A plus review and a D- salary increase.

Continue reading

"Run as fast as you can AWAY from this company. DM's will fire you for being successful!!!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As long as you are of the "FAITH" you will fit in.

Cons

SPYING, LYING and downright dirty ways of running a company. If you do everything right your rewarded with being terminated without any warnings or negative write-ups EVER!!!

"Monarchial corporate structure"

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people who work here. Benefits are mediocre/less than mediocre but they are available. Great place to step your career into the right direction but only a stepping stone, no more than a year or two.

Cons

Not a positive work environment with no business plan, no core values, and no growth plan. The people who work here are really good people, but the management has 'ruled' in a way where no employee wants to make a decision. If one does make a decision and is wrong, they are basically shunned in front of the company. This didn't happen to me.

Continue reading

"Central Garden & Pet is not a place any forward-thinking, innovative, or creative person would enjoy working."

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Central Garden & Pet did offer me the title I required to move up in the CPG world but that was about the extent to the pros of this company.

Cons

The lack of a consistent corporate strategy and vision of growth, innovation, and decision making skills make Central a disorganized, chaotic, and frustrating place to work. If you are an outgoing person who strives to grow in your position, grow your category, and enjoy the feeling of success, then Central is NOT the work environment for you.

Continue reading

"Central Garden and Pet's pet division needs to figure out their strategy"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Multiple locations so depending on the function, you could find a Central location that is close to you

Cons

No exposure to the higher level strategy and company direction, lack of business ownership, strong level of micro management, unclear processes, lack of 360 feedback and clear actionable steps to help improve and develop

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews