Centro Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management" (in 7 reviews)

• "Poor on-boarding, salaries are not competitive, little room for growth" (in 4 reviews)

"Centro is the best company I've ever worked for (and perhaps the best company I'll ever work for)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Centro are what make this company incredible. From our Founder and CEO Shawn, to our interns we call Centerns - everyone I've interacted with at Centro is kind, respectful, intelligent, driven and quirky. This is not by accident; everyone who works at Centro is carefully vetted, not only to determine if he or she is a good fit for the position, but most importantly, to determine if he or she is a good fit for Centro. Each new employee is sent to our Chicago headquarters for New Hire Orientation to not only learn about the company's mission and values, but also to be welcomed into the family. Speaking of family, Centro truly does feel like a big blended family of sorts. It's insane how much the executive team truly cares about us, and how much we care about each other. Recently, my family experienced a major tragedy, and several members of the executive team reached out to me personally to ask how I was doing. Centro went above and beyond in so many ways and I felt (and continue to feel) completely supported and cared for.
    Aside from the people, we have incredible benefits at Centro (our paid time off and maternity/paternity leave policies could not be better in my opinion), and the company is extremely dedicated to the personal and professional growth of its employees. For example, managers are frequently educated on conscious leadership principals to set them and their teams up for success. One thing I love most about Centro is our foundation in gratitude; it's common to see the words "I appreciate you" in an email from a colleague, and we even have a "Raving Fan" program that recognizes Centrons who go above and beyond their day to day job descriptions. This all creates contagious positive energy throughout our offices, which happen to be located in the best locations within each city. Humor is also a theme at Centro - we laugh together often, and we enjoy having fun with each other. For example, employees who leave the company and return after a few months or years receive Centro-branded boomerangs. It's amazing to see a relatively large company operate so succinctly, and I'm just happy to be a part of it.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons to working at Centro. I've heard that other companies in the industry might pay higher salaries; however, I imagine those companies' cultures and benefits do not remotely compare to Centro's.

"Customer Success Specialist"

I worked at Centro full-time

Pros

great management and colleagues, unlimited vacation, room for groth

Cons

Pay is not the highest

"Time to spread my wings"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

* Our kitchen is stocked with snacks and fruit comes once a week
    * Free Citibike membership
    * Unlimited vacay (within reason)

Cons

I've seen many good people leave, all for various reasons. They've all been spoken about, again, as "having their own reasons for leaving," but in reality, it's pretty clear: the vision changed, and with that, the company realized it didn't need the talent it already had. Therefore, people are finding better opportunities where they are valued and respected.

Culture has shifted and it's made me realize there are better places to be than where I am now. The perks are good, but they'll never outweigh respect and recognition.

"Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture
    Great working environment
    You feel on the forefront of Ad Tech

Cons

There is sometimes a large disconnect between departments

"Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, solid benefits, fresh fruit weekly.

Cons

Not many cons -- you get what you give regarding management and culture.

"A one of a kind company"

I worked at Centro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had several jobs and I can say that Centro is one of a kind. They put so much effort into their people and the experience they have. They are dedicated to being successful and blood, sweat and tears might come with that. But that is the rewarding part. It might feel crazy, but you are expected to work hard and put in extra efforts to see the rewards. I don't know of any company that doesn't try to run lean or push people hard. That is what smart businesses do. I learned a great deal during my time at Centro and maybe I'll be a boomerang employee.

If you know anything about benefits, Centro has some of the best benefits there are.

Its not perfect but pretty darn close.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning at this time.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep pushing people - the ones that want to be there will be, the ones that don't want to work hard will find their way out.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

This company is unlike any other, and anyone working here will agree. There are problems (as there are with any company) - but all in all, it is a fun, enjoyable, culture-oriented place to work. The environment is A+, there are snacks, copious options of coffee (coming from someone who is fine with none ;) and tons of incentives to produce your best work. Any bad reviews are people who wish they hadn't been fired (which says a lot about them as people... because Centro gives you every opportunity to improve before letting you go.

This place is wonderful. Management is wonderful. The culture is wonderful. If you have the chance to work here, you will not regret it.

Cons

Some growing pains, as there will be with every company.

"Media Associate"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Amazing people and culture, such a great place to learn and work.

Cons

Sometimes colleagues work longer hours.

"Great vision, robust benefits, fiscally responsible"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working at Centro for a few years now and we've had our ups and downs. But through it all, we've kept the same goals and vision. Additionally, we've been very responsible about how we manage our money, which is a big part of our longevity and stability. The employee benefits are great. I won't list them all here, but there is definitely an emphasis on employee health and wellness.

Cons

The company did not do a great job getting employees to buy into the direction of the business. It is getting better now. Also, in comparison with other company peers, we don't have as much resources as the competition. I know that is our choice to operate the way we do, but internally, we have to recognize that we don't have as much as the other ad tech players.

Advice to Management

Need better communications about what is happening in the business, where we are winning or losing, and why, and where we need to get better.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Centro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I`ve worked in many IT companies, Centro is one of the best.
    Good work/life balance.
    Unlimited vacation + home office when needed.
    Newest technologies.
    People, people, people!

Cons

Not the best location and office building in Toronto (amazing in Chicago). Hopefully will be changed soon.