Centro "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Centro Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 257 reviews

4.0
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker
Pros
Cons
  • "The bonus structure changed almost yearly, never to the benefit of anyone who wasn't upper management(in 8 reviews)

• "Company is growing rapidly and as a result it seems some policies are enforced differently by department, creating a inconsistency(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of encouragement to learn and grow on the job. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get in now that I'm not sure that they're even hiring anyone who'd need to learn on the job. Great people. I personally had wonderful managers.

Cons

U.S. based offices could use a lot more ethnic diversity. I had a lot of friends interview without much explanation as to why they did not move forward in the process. Some of the sales leadership comes off a little sleazy.

Centro2019-01-22

"Company that you will enjoy working for"

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, great technology

Cons

None that I can think of

Centro2018-11-04

"Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, solid benefits, fresh fruit weekly.

Cons

Not many cons -- you get what you give regarding management and culture.

Centro2018-08-25

"Would Not Recommend"

I worked at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People, good snacks, and strong product.

Cons

Overworked environment, loss of direction as a company, and low pay.

Centro2018-05-24

"Valuable Experience"

I worked at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Centro. There were ups and downs just as you’d find at any organization but I ultimately feel very proud of the projects and teams I contributed to. I felt trusted in my role and encouraged to take chances. Expectations were high, the problems challenging, and things didn’t always work out but we worked hard to learn from our failures and build amazing products. The people we supported... through our products were incredible. Centro is full of engaged, smart, fun-loving employees who are good at what they do. Of course there are some at all levels of the org chart that don’t measure up or share the same values. At times, Centro has done a good job of making changes when necessary and other times they’ve been slower than ideal. But Centro hasn’t cornered the market on that situation. Every company has this issue because, well...people. Centro’s culture and structure certainly evolved over time, as it should. Standing still in business isn’t an option. Market shifts, competitive changes, company growth...all necessitate change. Has it been a perfect evolution? Not always. But I appreciated the willingness to try and adapt regardless of whether management got it right every time. I also appreciated Centro’s willingness to put its money where its mouth is when it comes to benefits. Centro has made great effort to invest in the benefits and perks it offers employees. Few companies support their employees like Centro does in this regard and that is no small gesture. For me, Centro was what I made of it. If I pitched an idea, more often than not I was given the green light to do it. I personally grew a ton at Centro and was able to progress in my career unlike many of the places I had been previously. This was in part due to the timing of my employment and Centro’s stage of growth when I joined. But it was also largely due to the great people I had the pleasure of working with/for and the amazing team I got to manage.

Cons

It’s hard to do sweeping pro and con statements that apply to everyone, thing, or situation. See pro/cons mixed above.

Advice to Management

“You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.” But there’s probably a kernel of truth to both.

Centro2018-03-31

"Vision for tech product keeps changing"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people working at Centro will quickly become some of your close friends. Centro is great at hiring great people, who enjoy working hard and having fun too. The culture of honesty and fun at Centro has never really shifted since my time at the company. Unlimited vacations: people typically take around 15 days vacations days, ~14 paid holidays, and 10 sick days per year. So it isn't literally "unlimited", but you... have some leeway. After 4 full years with Centro, you get a 3 week paid sabbatical. Maternity leave is 4 months and Paternity is 1 month. Health benefits are great too. Each year, Centro does "Wellness Week" where they encourage participation by everyone to do a free wellness screening (gives you 30% off health insurance premium). Meditation twice per week, if you work in the Chicago office, otherwise you have to call in. CEO and Leadership is transparent with the rest of the company about how we are doing and what they are forecasting.

Cons

Lack of vision for the future of the tech product. I don't think this is always coming from the top down, but somewhere in the middle. Tech side suffers from "paralysis of analysis", slow to get small changes out. Supposed to be Agile, but can't quite be because of the product they are trying to build and sell. Constantly changing strategies and priorities. Not hiring \ more people on the tech side or services side,... even when people resign, so people take on more work without more pay. Very difficult to get a promotion or a raise, process takes months. I'm talking 6 months for some people, or more. It is a frustrating place to work, when the work and projects have been influx from the start.

Advice to Management

Stick with a vision, strategy, and product timeline for a whole year, or more. Get better at moving people forward into new roles, promotions, and raises. I know the company is going through a transition, but when employees know they can go somewhere else and get what they want, with a little work, people jump ship. Amazing people!

Centro2018-02-21

"I miss the old Centro"

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Centro is definitely a place where you'll be surrounded (for the most part) by great people and great talent. Of course, you'll find those outliers who get by with minimal effort and issues with management, but you'll find that everywhere. Overall, I have had nothing but the best review for Centro - especially a few years ago.

Cons

Centro used to be a company filled with color and light, promoting collaboration, and a ton of fun. Recently, it's become a really tense spot with an identity crisis. They grew so fast that when they desperately held onto their startup vibe, they lost the ability to see clearly. Now a days, you can feel the sense of urgency in the fact that they're trying to do so many things at one time it's trickling down into... their employees and confusing everyone's overall direction.

Advice to Management

Focus on one vision, your ability to pivot with a 500+ person company becomes increasingly challenging and your employees are losing their ability to identify with your future.

Centro2018-02-09

"Advertising"

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great service, great people that do good work.

Cons

Struggle to know who they are

Advice to Management

Manage to your strengths

Centro2017-11-28

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Casual environment. Great people, unlimited PTO. Office is nice. Little weird teams structure, but it works out.

Cons

Worst medical insurance that you can imagine. For the company of this level it is incredibe how bad it is. No one wants high deductible insurance unless you have no other options.

Advice to Management

Change insurance to PPO

Centro2017-08-22

"Great company"

Media Associate

I have been working at Centro for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited FTO, Great benefits, Great People

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within

Centro2017-02-08