Ceridian Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.2
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance is not as good as advertised(in 67 reviews)

• "Would like to see more national media advertising of Ceridian and Dayforce(in 40 reviews)

1. "Excellent employer - 25 years for me"

Current Employee - Senior QA Tester in Toro Mafi

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management listens to improvement ideas from lower-levels employees. HR stays current with trends, many excellent employee benefits. Lots of long-term employees, so lots of understanding of proposed changes without having to explain how they currently work. A senior VP a few years ago commented to me: "I am amazed at how many long-serving employees this company has. " Somewhere about 700 FTE, and least I knew,... only about 20 part-time employees

Cons

Regular changing of software technology being purchased gets frustrating constantly learning new products. Example: our Internal instant-message software supplier has been changed, I think 4 times in the last 5 years.

Advice to Management

Glassdoor insists on a city, but I work from home ( have for over 10 years) - no allowance in review for Virtual Employee.

Ceridian2019-06-05
  2. "I have been working for 5 years"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Space to grow and evolve in the culture

Cons

Nothing of a con which i can think of.

Ceridian2019-10-09
  3. "Great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Director in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

- a large organization that is continuing to grow rapidly - a lot of opportunity for career growth/progression - strong leadership team with a clear vision - increased investment in learning and development - very helpful employees who always have time to answer questions - Ceridian Cares philanthropic effort is employee driven and supports local individuals/organizations - lots of diversity and inclusion... initiatives/clubs - great benefits and stock options - flexible work from home option - we use our own platform (Dayforce) and it makes being an employee very easy (everything is integrated from pay to PTO). - uncapped vacation (requires planning on the part of the employee to make sure they take advantage of PTO - must be the right time of month/quarter/year for some employees depending on their role - if you see an area of opportunity for improvement (with Dayforce, internal systems, processes, jobs, etc) employees are encouraged to share ideas and leadership actions them

Cons

- departmental silos can be challenging to navigate at times and sometimes there is a lack of communication between departments/teams. If you you build a good network and leverage communication tools, internal resources/systems, it is relatively easy to find what you need (it may just take a few extra steps).

Ceridian2019-10-08
  4. "A company that truly makes work life better!"

Current Employee - Senior Internl Communication Consultant in Markham, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ceridian offers an environment where I can be the best version of myself at and away from work. With programs including continuous learning, well-being, flexible time away from work, workplace flexibility, and social responsibility, I am able to thrive, grow, and reach new levels of success, both at work and at home.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Ceridian.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing.

Ceridian2019-10-04
  5. "Small business consultant"

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic workplace culture, great management team, good compensation, extensive training to ensure you are set up for the position, outstanding ongoing support from teammates, free parking

Cons

Office location is not ideal

Ceridian2019-09-30

"Truth is Suppressed"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with can be some of the best people you have met. They will work had to accomplish miracles everyday.

Cons

60+ hour work weeks is an expectation Greedy company that will not allow for a project to have reasonable deadlines Weekend work will become an expectation when management offers you up to a customer to gather revenue faster Lies and more lies are posted on sites like Glassdoor to promote the company Work life balance has been missing for years now Run by DO sycophants who will not tell him any truths People... are quitting. Those that aren't want to quit and will most likely leave soon

Advice to Management

Why bother telling you anything. You are clueless people who ran away from Netsuite who compare Dayforce to Netsuite. It is like comparing apples to oranges. You are burning out all of your employees.

Ceridian2019-10-10
  7. "Best place to work indeed!!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of learning opportunity - People around is always ready to help - Great place to grow - Great work life balance

Cons

I did not find any till date.

Advice to Management

We are good. Just need to keep growing the same way.

Ceridian2019-09-27

"Associate consultant for almost 2 years"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay for entry level is good - able to work from home

Cons

- not enough resources for growing clientele - work life balance is not as good as advertised

Ceridian2019-10-07
  9. "Good Company to work in for Localites"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Quatre Bornes

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Work Culture. Work-Life Balance. Managers are good. The infrastructure provided is very good.

Cons

The salary is quite low. Expats leaves are not approved for a long duration.

Advice to Management

Please go through the salary structure and if you recruit expats, have a good plan for their vacation as they have to visit their home.

Ceridian2019-10-08

"Not what it was"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good team to work with.

Cons

The amount of work is staggering with no extra support given. Additional massive projects, events and asks are given out with little lead time and the expectation is to deliver without any consideration. No additional funds are provided for outside freelance/agency support - we're just expected to do it on top of the responsibilities we're struggling to keep up with. We're losing good people as a result and it... makes you wonder why management doesn't understand why our engagement scores are dropping. A number of people were let go due to restructuring at the worst possible time of the year for us. We lost good people, who were good team members, with little explanation or decency in the way the announcement was made. They camouflaged those dismissals with a few subtle promotions and filled the kitchen with candy the next day to distract us from the amount of work now that the rest of us have to pick up. Cliques are now more evident on our team - from top to bottom - within our teams. The last few years the organization has changed and too has the culture, the amount of work and the pressure and it hasn't been for the better.

Advice to Management

For a Human Resources software company, we seem to have lost the 'human' side of our company. Pushing people to work the way that we are now is not sustainable and yet we've had many discussions on this without any resolution. When people leave or get let go, we ignore them. Whether or not they left on their own accord, we should send out an announcement to tell of the change, and in some cases, thank the person... publicly before they leave. People leave the office without many knowing that they're leaving. We've been strongly encouraged to have 100% employee contributions (which means it's being tracked) to our internal charitable wing - Ceridian Cares - but yet why doesn't the company match our employee contributions? Isn't that something to show your employees - that you value the charity as much as YOU want US to? The company has the money, but yet again, we're the ones being pushed to do good things for them. Get back to putting value on the human side of your company. Not everything is about the next sale.

Ceridian2019-09-24