ChannelAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9
ChannelAdvisor CEO David Spitz
David Spitz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, awesome team play, great boss" (in 22 reviews)

• "Great people that are not only smart, but care about the work" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "the structure, you cant even work from home on occasional days, can be ruthless" (in 6 reviews)

• "They pretend to care about work/life balance but all that matters is perception" (in 6 reviews)

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC (US)

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience in the company is mostly limited to the engineering department, with some interactions with services. There are a lot of people who are really passionate about their jobs and work very hard and well every day. Those people make it a pleasure to work at ChannelAdvisor. There are a lot of very smart people to learn from and collaborate with. The company genuinely cares about its customers success. The office is nice, and the work is challenging and interesting. There seems to be a big focus on keeping employees happy. Senior management seems very transparent , open, and honest.

Cons

Honestly there's very little to complain about here. I consider myself lucky to be working at ChannelAdvisor. But one thing that does bother me is that there is a single point of failure for employee performance - that employees manager.
    When that manager fails to recognize sub-par performance, or simply chooses not to rock the boat to fix it, you end up with a slowly growing group of people who are lazy or not driven to perform well. They make it not as pleasurable to work at ChannelAdvisor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Reconsider employee performance evaluations to make sure that ChannelAdvisor has the best people.

"AVOID"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time

Pros

Some people were really nice
    Benefits and compensation were above average
    E-commerce can be an exciting business at times

Cons

Attrition is huge, in one month I saw 4 BA's wiped out (1 fired and 3 other left).
    Saw the same in other teams as well.
    Limerick office is a satellite office, there is very little opportunity to grow there.
    There is a widespread micromanagement culture across managers. For my team it was at ridiculous levels, like being talked to as if I was a child.
    They heavily promote their awards for "best place to work" but reality is overtime, unpaid and not so great life-work balance.

Advice to Management

When promoting engineers to managers make sure they get the training they need. Good engineers don't necessarily make good managers.

3. "Brilliant"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great manager

Cons

None, no cons. Lots of support and good pay

Advice to Management

Keep ur interns :), nothing really it is a healthy and friendly atmosphere

28 Feb 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying your internship. Our Limerick team is incredible and a key part of our global engineering team… best of luck... More

"Overpromised, underdelivered"

Former Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Morrisville, NC (US)

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some cool coworkers
    -Pretty laid back atmosphere
    -Great benefits and competitive base pay
    -Opened doors to other opportunities

Cons

I’ll try to keep this short..
    -No opportunities to promote, except for the few who play office politics and are favorites. They like to hire from outside the company.
    -Management doesn’t care about its employees - you’re just a number. Literally was handed a mug that says “No one cares, make your number” during my first month of employment. I’d post a picture of it if I could. Should have known then ..
    -Unethical employees look better to management because they don’t keep anyone in check. It’s discouraging when you’re doing the right thing but have to watch them get praised and make more commission for it.
    -The software is super hard to sell. It is extremely expensive. They were first to business and they think this makes them special. Ton of new companies popping up at a fraction of the price and tough to compete with.
    -Horrible database of accounts.
    -Poor training.
    -Very stale, dry, stagnant culture. Hope you like to watch the clock.

Seems like the company is going through a tough time and is fine with letting people leave to reduce overhead cost. Seriously.. just look to another company if you are looking for opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

Does it matter? Employees here are just a number. Nothing will change until management walks their talk and starts delivering on their promises. Care about your employees. Create a culture. Grow.

And cue the CEOs “caring” response followed by nothing changing...

5 Apr 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

Well - I do care, and I’m sorry to hear this. If you would like to share your experience directly, I would love to sit down and listen in a confidential setting. If not, I understand, and hope you... More

"Literally the worst sales job I’ve had"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- we would go drinking at lunch on Fridays?

Cons

- corporate micro-management
    - horrible product that hasn’t improved since it was first brought to market
    - overpriced
    - cut-throat Sales environment with your coworkers stealing your accounts and opportunities
    - no sales enablement tools available to sales team

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your business and make it better. Training is horrible, way too many reps selling a lackluster product

2 Apr 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

I’m sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. I would love to hear more about your experience if you’re willing to discuss it with me in confidence. If not, I hope you find something that is... More

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Located in Central London and the idea of using a platform to feed in retail inventory and feed that out to multiple channels is commendable. Believe in the business model.

Cons

No clear progression
    Managers are let lose to tinder all day
    No one is really interested towards developing a team
    Racist attitude, favouritism too and hence not a healthy atmosphere to work if in UK. Would not recommend!

Advice to Management

Focus on developing the UK team like you have done in US. It a great company run by incompetent leaders in UK

2 Apr 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I’m sorry you didn’t have a better experience. I’d love to hear from you if you’d like to share more, in confidence. In any case, best of luck in... More

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people! The marketing and services teams are amazing.

Cons

Projects change quickly sometimes and, when changes are not communicated, there is wasted time working on the projects.

25 Feb 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback! Our people really do make it a great place to work every day, so thank you for recognizing that. On your point about communication, I also agree... More

"Top talent need not apply"

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits paid in full for individual (low family plan cost), bonus plan, stock options, the people in pockets of the organization, casual work environment.

Cons

Leadership is lacking expertise in several areas of the business. Attempt to hire top talent for them to come in a realize they can run circles around their manager and or leader. Attrition is extremely high in all departments driving heavy workloads with little to no appreciation, rather expectation to pick up others work. People like to check the box to get things done and are rarely worried about quality. Company values have little to no meaning to who the company is or should be since people rarely exercise them or are held to them. Promotions are given to select few that play office politics, threaten to leave, or grasping to save someone before they are recruited to a better offer.

Advice to Management

Not sure it would make a difference

28 Feb 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way! I don’t share your characterization (obviously) but I would be really interested to sit down with you -- in confidence of course -- to better understand why you... More

"Bad management and dwindling customer base"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice quite central office with good lunch choices

Cons

Bad management and unable to compete in the region. The MD is only concerned about himself and his profile. How he is still in this position is beyond me and the majority of the existing staff. His record in improving the business is non existent in fact it has been steadily going downhill since he has been there.

Advice to Management

Leave and let the Australian business die a slow death

28 Feb 2019 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I would like to correct a couple of incorrect points in your post -- Australia was our fastest growing region by year/year revenue growth in... More

10. "salary"

I worked at ChannelAdvisor part-time

Pros

Very ourstanding in terms of working enviroment

Cons

nothing much to say about

Advice to Management

take your stuff