ChannelAdvisor Reviews

Updated 29 Apr 2021

3.9
ChannelAdvisor CEO David Spitz
David Spitz
Pros
  • "Great benefits, awesome team play, great boss(in 23 reviews)

• "Latest Tech, Great Bonuses, Great People and Atmosphere,(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Inside Sales is a school for learning how to cheat and go behind people's backs to get ahead(in 9 reviews)

• "Work from home expenses (internet, phone, power) not covered(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Exponential Growth Opportunities For Dedicated & Coachable Employees

29 Apr 2021 - Sales Development Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Since starting at ChannelAdvisor, I have had nothing but positives to say about the company, I enjoy waking up each day and getting to the office early, I love what I do as we are making a positive impact to the partners/customers we speak to daily and this makes me very proud to work at ChannelAdvisor! - As the headline suggests, if you take your time to listen, learn and apply you can be hyper-successful at ChannelAdvisor - Presidents Club - Various opportunities to grow into other areas of the business - A manager that supports you fully in your career, actually sees you as a human and not a number and will fight to ensure each individual's work is valued as much as any other in the company! - Global footprint - Strategic thinking & sales - Uncomparable team spirit - Stipend for personal growth - Outstanding pay ( If you go above and beyond this is also recognised ) - A platform that cannot be compared to any other vendor in the space + Many many more Pro's

Cons

I have no con's to list

Chief Executive Officer

Wow this review warms my heart! Sounds like you have had a fantastic experience with us, which is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share. David (CEO)

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mostly Good

20 Apr 2021 - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I love working at CA. Most people on the engineering team are a pleasure to work with and management is always accessible. Executive leadership is very transparent and truly cares about feedback, even if they only action on the easy things. Tech wise, while CA doesn't have the most modern stack, and of course ugly legacy code exists, for the most part the development processes are great and remove a lot of tedious work that you may find at other companies. As we have a flat hierarchy, everyone has equal opportunity to contribute at whatever level they want. If you have the initiative, you can do pretty much anything. You get a yearly stipend for training. You get 2 days each month as "dev choice" time to do whatever you want. Bonuses are paid out quarterly as opposed to annually and often exceed the target. While work is fast-paced, work life balance is awesome and most people work a normal 40 hour week, if even that much. Also, e-commerce is an exciting space to be in. Finally, my manager is just awesome.

Cons

Some passengers. Attrition is low in engineering and it seems that some people have become very settled. The lack of professionalism and work ethic that some engineers are allowed to get away with due to their knowledge is mind-blowing. Everyone knows what is going on but management seems too afraid to "rock the boat" and tell people to do their jobs. This can be frustrating in a fast-paced job like this where you have to rely on your teammates. The flat structure has pros, but it comes with downsides. There is no tangible measure of advancement beyond your own satisfaction. HR tries to tell you they pay for performance, but since there are no promotions with pay bands to fit you into, pay does not equally scale with your growth. The company is saying they are being more aggressive with pay increases but salary adjustments are never competitive in the tech space. You are supposed to compensate for that with RSUs, but RSUs are now only awarded to the top few people in the department so you're probably not getting them. The paternity (or called secondary caregiver by the company to avoid gendering) leave is only 2 weeks, meanwhile many local and remote tech companies offer 3-4 MONTHS. The company claims to be forward-thinking but the concept of giving two parents unequal amounts of leave is archaic and disappointing, especially in the tech world where most engineers are male and going to fall into the secondary caregiver role. Hiring for engineering is almost exclusively focused overseas now. While we still are hiring quality candidates, I've seen this at other companies and it's a dangerous line to walk.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share it. Appreciate the nod to transparency and feedback as that’s super important to us, me included. Also appreciate the note about leave for non-primary caregivers. We’ll give that a look to see if a change is warranted. David (CEO)

3. 5.0

Exciting Place to Work

6 Apr 2021 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management on the sales floor in the UK London office has never been stronger following a restructure over a year ago. I have seen reps onboarded quicker than they ever have done before and this shows in the results against target.

Cons

As with any company making strides in the right direction there have been some growing pains in services, but the executive team in the US have committed significant resource to expand the teams this year.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Happy to hear the positive view of our progress in the UK, and yes, we expect a very flexible post-COVID working environment. Feel free to reach out directly if you ever have additional feedback! David (CEO)

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Work Hard, Rest Hard

15 Apr 2021 - Pre-Sales Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for ChannelAdvisor is never boring, over a near decade, every month brings new changes with the product and industry which keeps the job fresh. Progression is evident within the organisation, if you work hard, grow in your role, take on responsibility, produce, you will move up.

Cons

As with anywhere, its fast paced, can be busy and stretched, however this is the situation everyone is in.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for the feedback! I think you nailed it perfectly! Hit me up if you ever have suggestions for something we can improve. David (CEO)

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great team and a fun place to work

29 Apr 2021 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone always willing to help Experienced team Work with global brands Good leadership

Cons

Deal approval can be a challenge

Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, and really pleased to hear the positivity especially around collaboration! David (CEO)

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrific job & company

2 Apr 2021 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have to write 5 words here, but 1 will cover it - None.

Cons

Very dated, both the company and the products. Despite being around for so long, they have no structured system in place for onboarding new clients. They have the classic habit of massively over-promising during the sales process, and then it feels like every hurdle is new to them when it comes up. So you’ll spend all your time fire-fighting unhappy clients. You’ll also have absolutely zero autonomy. I thought I was hired on my experience and previous negotiation and sales record, but it doesn’t matter. You’re told exactly what, when and how to do everything and any deviation from that will land you in trouble.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

I appreciate that you took the time to leave your feedback, and I’m sorry you had what sounds like a negative experience with us. I know we’re not a fit for everyone, and I hope you found an environment that was better suited to what you’re looking for. Regardless, thank you for your contributions during your time with us. David (CEO)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it

20 Apr 2021 - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training great. My manager is extremely approachable and understanding. I enjoy learning about companies and brands and what we do allows me to do that.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, and I’m glad to hear your experience has been great so far! Feel free to email me any time if you have suggestions for things we could do better. And good luck in your role! David (CEO)

8. 5.0

Top employer

6 Apr 2021 - Senior Account Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Compensation scheme is one of the best in the industry for sales professionals - Management support is generally very good - Collaborative culture

Cons

- Difficult to sign new business with lots of internal hurdles to overcome - Bad online reviews and lack of client references

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I especially like the comments around our culture, and appreciate the constructive comments on new business and reputation management, both of which are areas we’re reviewing. David (CEO)

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

SDR

7 Apr 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, great atmosphere, reasonable targets

Cons

Hard work, but rewarding. Location, rtp

Chief Executive Officer

Appreciate the positive comments! I think of the “hard work, rewarding” combo as a pro not a con ;). And if you don’t like RTP, we have Denver, London, Ireland, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Southend on Sea, and of course remote locations everywhere!! :) David (CEO)

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

ChannelAdvisor Review

20 Feb 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Decent pay. Talented people. Fun office environment.

Cons

Typical agency stress. Processes constantly changing.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback! Let me know if you want to share any specifics around your comments on benefits/bonus, please feel free to reach out directly, I’m always interested in feedback. David (CEO)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 260 Reviews