Charterhouse Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Charterhouse Partnership Reviews

Updated Nov 21, 2019

3.4
Pros
  • "If you are looking to join an agency where it's 'party, party, party' then go elsewhere - too many recruiters go to Dubai for the party lifestyle(in 18 reviews)

• "Awesome location, amazing views of Sydney Harbour with a balcony we are actually able to use for internal and external events(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "less than average commission structure(in 11 reviews)

• "No HR which means no support with personal problems or issues that you may not want to discuss with your manager(in 10 reviews)

"Very strange place to work"

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Dubai as a city is a great spot Charterhouse can be a gateway to start working in Dubai and to understand the better companies out there.

Cons

Turnover. It's almost famous amongst other recruitment companies in Dubai for the amount of turnover it has had, with many consultants in Dubai having arrived with Charterhouse and then left after a few months (to another agency). It has a very political, almost nasty culture. There seem to be a lot of clients that just refuse to work with Charterhouse now due to historical issues, so can be tough to get... business.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I think there should be a change in management. There's a clique at the top which can do no wrong, which makes the average consultant feel like a second class citizen.

Charterhouse Partnership2018-03-11

"Great Company to work for if you actually want to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at the company for nearly 4 years, it is a great company for those who actually want to work and not just take a free ride. We have supportive management We have a lot of education including a whole week training class close to when you have started and also external training available. We have the most lovely HR lady that does a great job and really tries to help on there situations work related or... non work related.

Cons

Previously the company did go through tough time and it was a little up in the air. Need to weed out the people who would rather go on long lunches and take the Friday drinks to far and just get wasted instead of actually doing there work and meeting there targets.

Advice to Management

I think the management is good and has come a long way from a few years ago, there have been big changes. I believe a lot of the reviews on here are just people who either don’t want to put the work in to get the reward or just like to make bad reviews for the sake of it, that is why I have decided to write one as I am annoyed at all the people bagging this company. When I truly think it comes down to the person... it’s self.

Charterhouse Partnership2019-11-21

"Best business I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

OTE, camaradie, best boss in the world!

Cons

None I love working for this business

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing! When I see these trolls creating fake profiles time and time again and muddying your name I know how much it must hurt but it's all jealousy so just ignore it!

Charterhouse Partnership2019-11-21

"Best business in the UAE"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Supportive, team orientated, friendly and fun environment!

Cons

Non I just moved back to the UK

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Charterhouse Partnership2019-11-20

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dubai

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time

Pros

Switched on HR, good clients, office location and good team. A good place to develop.

Cons

Clients move slow, tough market. Loads of candidates available which makes it tough to manage responses

Charterhouse Partnership2019-11-06

"Do Your Research!"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Dubai

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire some very good consultants straight from the UK so will bring you out and give you a hotel for a couple of weeks. You'll meet friends quickly.

Cons

Actually read the reviews here - an agency who has about 20 consultants that has reviews running into the hundreds on Glassdoor. That tells you two things, they have high turn over and they are writing reviews themselves. Look at the language of all the positive reviews, they all read the same as the company replies to all the negative reviews. If you are reading this then you are a recruiter - use your... LinkedIn skills and search for former employees of Charterhouse. You'll find them in agencies and in house teams all over the UAE. Send them a message and ask them directly, you'll hear the same story from all of them.

Advice to Management

Everyone knows you lie consistently.

Charterhouse Partnership2019-11-03

"Good Experience with Challenges"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dubai

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is very focused on delivery and from the first interview you are told how difficult the market is and that you will be pushed. The push is definitely there from day one but the push is to make you a better consultant, you will learn about the market, visas, client retention, etc. The Senior Management are all billers and the business allows people to be entrusted to run their desks as a business, which... is good if you are entrepreneurial. Incentives and the other consultants are good.

Cons

The market is incredibly tough and recruitment is an industry with unique challenges, at the end of the day you are selling something that is intangible and sometimes things are completely out of your control. You have to make sure you are strapped in for what can sometimes be a roller coaster ride and be prepared for a very unstable market.

Charterhouse Partnership2019-09-08
  8. "Pressured environment and rather political"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was a decent range of existing clients, established in the market

Cons

Political, not the most stable of environments,

Charterhouse Partnership2019-10-17

"A positive house"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dubai

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great office site and central location. A working culture that tries it's best to support, motivate and recognise the effort despite the on-going challenge of the market. A brand that can open doors and with whom candidates want to work with. A business that now spans search & selection, labour solutions & outsourcing and a RPO service A solid core of experienced Recruiters with a vested-interested to... deliver.

Cons

The business can rely on repeat or legacy business. As an SME, the pressure can be high but people generally acknowledge the open culture and the need to contribute with billings. Consultants whom aren't motivated or capable won't last long as the spotlight will be upon them. Activity can be sporadic at times but overlooked if the results are forthcoming. Targets don't always reflect the conditions of the... markets as not everyone can deliver high numbers all the time.

Advice to Management

Stay energised!

Charterhouse Partnership2019-09-21

"Fantastic business!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dubai

I have been working at Charterhouse Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best business in the UAE. Well established, high performing, collaborative agency. MD is extremely supportive and it saddens me that certain individuals have launched what can only be described as an unprovoked attack on one of the nicest bosses I have ever worked for. Non KPI focussed, this business is all about relationships with long standing clients. If you are looking to join an agency where it's 'party, party..., party' then go elsewhere - too many recruiters go to Dubai for the party lifestyle. This is a professional business!

Cons

I think the culture is sometimes too relaxed? Sometimes people take advantage of that but it's also a positive if you are someone who responds well to autonomy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing! Those who really know Charterhouse know you won't find a better business to join in Dubai.

Charterhouse Partnership2019-07-17