Charterhouse Partnership Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2021

Found 140 of over 144 reviews

3.4
Pros
  • "Nice balcony, some good directors left(in 18 reviews)

• "If you are looking to join an agency where it's 'party, party, party' then go elsewhere - too many recruiters go to Dubai for the party lifestyle(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "less than average commission structure(in 12 reviews)

• "No HR which means no support with personal problems or issues that you may not want to discuss with your manager(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee

Very strange place to work

Mar 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dubai as a city is a great spot Charterhouse can be a gateway to start working in Dubai and to understand the better companies out there.

Cons

Turnover. It's almost famous amongst other recruitment companies in Dubai for the amount of turnover it has had, with many consultants in Dubai having arrived with Charterhouse and then left after a few months (to another agency). It has a very political, almost nasty culture. There seem to be a lot of clients that just refuse to work with Charterhouse now due to historical issues, so can be tough to get business.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Charterhouse Partnership Response

Managing Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and voicing your opinion. Recruitment does have turnover and ironically if you read reviews on Glassdoor of any of the recruitment businesses large or small, you will see constant reviews with the same theme of high turnover, poor management, bad commission scheme, long hours, ridiculous KPIs, poor salaries, etc. Recruitment is a sales environment which has challenges, it is unfortunate when someone does not succeed in a role, however there is turnover in a sales environment, not everyone is successful and as much as it would be great to see everyone succeed it simply does not happen. A positive from your review is that you rated the Comp & Bens portion of the review the highest; salaries, medical cover and benefits were something that you felt were the best part of your role. Hopefully you can go on to secure a new opportunity for yourself in Dubai and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

No complaints

Nov 15, 2021 - Consultant in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, no complaints really

Cons

Technology needed an improvement at the time

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Charterhouse - Dubai

Sep 4, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

A positive environment, which has given me the platform to enhance my career. My colleagues and management staff are incredibly supportive.

Cons

Located in a high-rise office means an occasional queue for the lift at the end of the day. However, our flexible working hours have allow to miss the “rush hour”.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very Supportive

Jul 27, 2021 - Managing Consultant in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working as a recruiter for over 10 years in three different continents and Charterhouse is so far the best agency I've worked for. Charterhouse is very committed with their employers' development and progression. The Management Team was very supportive when I had health issues and showed compassion during this time. Very friendly work environment. The salaries are paid on time, always before the end of the calendar month which is important as i have worked for companies before that were always delayed with payments. During these challenging times we are supported and encouraged to take annual leave. Very flexible working hours from 8am till 4:30pm and on a Thursday 3.30pm finish! I would highly recommend Charterhouse, my personal experience so far has been very positive.

Cons

Charterhouse is very well located in Dubai but the building has limited car parking slots. However, there is paid parking available around the building and the metro station is just in front of the building.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company striving for greatness

Jun 28, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always looking to support their people

Cons

There can sometimes be disconnection between the offices

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

DUBAI - ASK Around agencies in Dubai - KNOWN AS WORST EMPLOYER

Jul 11, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Specialist in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is no pros to working at this company.

Cons

+ Worst reputation amount consultants in Dubai. You only have to ask around a few people and you will hear the exact same comments. + Most senior consultants have now left to join Hays, Salt, Michael Page. + They act like its a really tough process and elite interview stages, but really its all fake to try buy you into the company. + Only hire expats coming out to Dubai as they can't hire staff on the ground as they have such a bad rep. + Micro Management with 0 managerial exp + Staff eat lunch at their desk and don't socialise + Only 8 staff in Duabi office but come across like they are a huge outfit. FALSE

Continue reading

Charterhouse Partnership Response

Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I understand that Charterhouse is not the perfect fit for everyone which is why we make every effort during the interview process and multiple rounds/interactions with different people within the business to be very transparent about what we offer, our values and also expectation for the role, so you are right we do have lengthy process. I believe that for someone to say that everything is completely negative and there is not a single positive about their experience is hard to believe. This review proves that the objective is to discredit the business and brand as there are quite a number of false statements in your Cons, we have no staff members that work in the Dubai office that are have moved to Hays or Salt, we have had one consultant that moved to Michael Page. Charterhouse has a diverse workforce representing many different nationalities, races and gender, we pride ourselves on diversity, perhaps you need to visit our Linkedin page for staff diversity and headcount. The people who do well with CHME are the ones who are self-motivated, want to work somewhere they can develop their career but most importantly people who have a team approach. If you look at our staff on LinkedIn you will see that we have an incredible team who have been with the business for a number of years and in that time have grown with the business and have been rewarded for all their hard work and commitment, alongside newer members which have excellent experience and have proved to be amazing additions to the business.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent

May 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great................ excellent. Fantastic place to work

Cons

None at all, brilliant place to work

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great working culture learning & development opportunities

Apr 30, 2021 - General Manager in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team environment Growth opportunities Team work Great benefits

Cons

Flat structure Is also a Pro as it gives you the exposure to have access to lots of business projects

9. 4.0

Nice team

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

People here are all experienced recruiters. High flexibility

Cons

Can't think of any yet

10. 4.0

Great company

Apr 20, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team culture and managers to learn from

Cons

I wasn’t there long enough

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews