Chemours Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Chemours Reviews

Updated 12 Jan 2020

3.4
Chemours CEO Mark Vergnano (no image)
Mark Vergnano
Pros
Cons
  • "High debt DuPont straddled them with after the spin-off(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper management will stab you in the back and put you out on an island when you need them the most(in 5 reviews)

1. "Chemical Manufacturing Company"

Project Lead Till Date in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Chemours for more than 10 years

Pros

premium product in chemical industry

Cons

competition b'coz of new entrant

Chemours2016-01-24

"Business Director"

Current Employee - Business Director in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Chemours full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great set of people, products and processes. Chemours is a great turnaround story after spinning off from DuPont. Stock is on fire going up from $3.4 to $40+ in just about an year

Cons

Uncertainty with many changes right from top to bottom. M&A threat looms large

Advice to Management

Dont go overboard with McKinsey way of doing things. We are a 200 year old startup with many former processes being robust and strong.

Chemours2017-05-31
  3. "Good Job; Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Agency Attorney I in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Chemours full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy Work; Good benefits; Good staff

Cons

They’ll screw you over in a heartbeat. Just took a large pay cut and having about 100 laid off while they can afford a $20M plant expansion. To much beaurocracy. Can’t change a lightbulb without 500 forms and approval from 10 people (exaggeration for effect).

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and listen to their concerns. Start treating them with disrespect and you’ll lose both respect and productivity.

Chemours2020-01-12
  4. "MechanicL"

I have been working at Chemours full-time

Pros

Okay company to start your career.

Cons

No foresight and unskilled management

Chemours2020-01-04
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Chemours full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

long standing businesses and a long term vision

Cons

rising insurance costs hinders competitive salaries

Chemours2019-12-16
  6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Process Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chemours full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, good work schedule and home life balance, attitude in workplace is very good with high morale.

Cons

Company is reactive instead of proactive regarding safety and doing things the right way.

Advice to Management

Put more effort into hiring less workers and making sure those people are happy and willing to do their jobs.

Chemours2019-11-01
  7. "Much better out there"

I worked at Chemours full-time

Pros

Adequate staffing was provided, and they have a good engineering support staff in Wilmington.

Cons

Highly politicized environment. This can be expected as these are former DuPont employees. DuPont is a very career minded company. Which results in the best decisions not always advanced due to the politics of not stepping on someone’s toes. Happened at Chemours all the time. When they do bring someone in from the outside, rather than have a meshing of the minds, the company will coerce the new employees to get in line with their line of thinking. I cannot believe this was the culture at my site only, because we brought people in from various sites - with the same results. At my site they showed their ill will of employees by leaving employees out of critical decisions that are pertinent to their job title. This is both appalling and laughable. Dirty politics, “if we don’t like an employee then we will just not include them in decisions they should be in so as to ensure we get what we want approved”. Surrounding oneself with yes people and not engaging in discussions can be catastrophic. The plant I worked at was falling apart. The site is not responsible for lack of funding, but is responsible for having no plan once funding was provided. Plant was also over staffed so that it was difficult not to step on someone’s toes. They had more than one person responsible for the same thing. Most people I encounter in industry have never heard of Chemours and many have not heard of or are not familiar with DuPont. There are many more prestigious places to work for sure, with better comp, 401k match, and bonus. The site I worked at was very toxic. I witnessed unethical behavior and had no one to bounce it off of, which should have been my boss, but due to politics he would not deal with issues. I just kept quite on it, and on to a much better pasture.

Advice to Management

Hire people in from the outside as middle managers and plant managers. Shift people around to different plants to bring perspective. Corporate HR should train all salary employees on the effects of toxic work place politics. Management should be audited in their style and how it pertains to ensuring what is best for the business is done.

Chemours2019-11-14
  8. "Chemours - Great company"

Former Employee - IT Compliance Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Chemours full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employees to work with.

Cons

No cons to report at the company

Chemours2019-10-03
  9. "Just ok"

Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Memphis, TN

I worked at Chemours full-time

Pros

Safety, Positive vide with co workers

Cons

Poor employee moral, insurance, ability to grow as an employee

Advice to Management

This company is the slowest to get things done. The lack of improvement for employees is aweful. Insurance is the highest I've ever had in my career, and the ability to keep employees happy is not important. Benefits have been taken away slowly which is never a good sign.

Chemours2019-10-09
  10. "Junior process engineer during six months"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Chemours full-time

Pros

Interesting job, and growing opportunities

Cons

Bad training, inefficient management, and high turnover

Chemours2019-10-04