What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and plenty of overtime" (in 53 reviews)
- "Benefits are great for older worker" (in 36 reviews)
- "Overall most of the employees are good people to work wiht or for." (in 22 reviews)
- "Stable Place to work with a Stable Pension Plan, Good Salary" (in 10 reviews)
- "Had good benefits decent pay union job with good coworkers ok pay raises when union settled a contract." (in 8 reviews)
- "Bad management." (in 25 reviews)
- "Hours are long and they don't compensate you for all your time" (in 9 reviews)
- "At 1 point, I worked for 4 different managers at the same time." (in 8 reviews)
- "Pension is great, but holds a person in golden handcuffs." (in 7 reviews)
- "Little to no work life balance." (in 5 reviews)
Found 392 of over 457 reviews
Updated 27 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.027 Sept 2023Bus OperatorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsChicago, IL
Great Benefits! If you stick with it your retirement check will be nice!
If you get injured and stay out too long to recover from an injury on the job they will fire you! They will offer other options but those options will not be available because you have to meet a certain criteria or if they don’t have anything for you to do they will say per the union contract we can let you go!
Chicago Transit Authority Reviews FAQs
Chicago Transit Authority has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 457 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Chicago Transit Authority to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
71% of Chicago Transit Authority employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chicago Transit Authority 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.