Circus World Displays Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 84 of over 90 reviews

2.5
Circus World Displays Managing Director Deepak Jain  (no image)
Deepak Jain
Pros
  • "CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals(in 15 reviews)

• "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time(in 8 reviews)

• "Stress can often be high in the wake of a fast paced and ever-growing/ever changing environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Family Ownership Isn't Smart

Oct 11, 2021 - Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will get exposure to different projects. It can be something that can help enhance your resume later when you look for another job.

Cons

The organization is managed by a family, which means that the decisions are often biased and not always in the best interest of the employees. You need to deal with some unfair decisions quite often.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Prefer Not To Say

Sep 5, 2021 - Brand Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stepping stone to better opportunities in electronic industry.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Upper management does not care at all about staff. Employees treated as an entirely expendable assets, rather than part of a team. No thought of development, mentorship, or growth. Communication is absolutely terrible and micromanagement of staff is to a level I've never seen before. They will try to "trap" you there. If you know your worth, get out or better yet, don't work there in the first place.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0

Everyone was a bully.

Jul 7, 2021 - Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location and there were occasional free foods.

Cons

Working at this company was like going to High School again. Everyone was a bully. The upper management secretly makes fun of employees and acts like a clique of popular kids. The CEO think he is being innovative but in reality, he just steals ideas from other companies That are actually successful.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management doesn't trust their employees

Jul 31, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

A place to start if you have no other choice.

Cons

Management doesn't trust their employees. To say the owners are very old fashioned is an understatement. No matter your experience, you will be micromanaged to the nth degree. You cannot even have your own spreadsheet to use without management looking at it and changing it, without your knowledge. Overall, the most unprofessional place I have ever worked, by far.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

There'd be too much work to handle

Jun 14, 2021 - Account Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers a good benefits package that also includes your family.

Cons

The constant change of employees makes work delayed and difficult to adjust. You have to take over the accounts that were left behind, which at times can be difficult to cope up with. There'd be too much work to handle.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Job Review

Mar 28, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Processes, training, interesting product, direct to consumer focus

Cons

can't work from home, micromanagement

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Loved the work I was doing

Mar 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was treated like a family member

Cons

Nothing Nagative for my job

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Place to work in Niagara!

Mar 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Niagara, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Support for growth through an education fund 2. Amazing Team members 3. Great Products 4. Compensation 5. Fun events

Cons

None that I can think of, a Great place to work!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

decent pay for starting in field

Mar 10, 2021 - Administrative in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work for entry level

Cons

micromanaging and no freedom is what got me

Be the first to find this review helpful
    10. 1.0

Stay FAR FAR Away

Mar 4, 2021 - Accountant in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I liked the team members I had.

Cons

Do not be fooled, this company is NOT heading towards a better direction. I was tricked in the ridiculously lengthy interview process (recruiter->HR and team member->excel and general accounting test->team members->personality test->Owner). I was told the reviews aren't accurate anymore, the company is changing! It's absolute not. The reviews are all true! Don't be stupid like I was! Be prepared to be micromanaged to the MAX. Every single thing you do will be questioned: Is this mandatory? Have you done it before? How long does it take? The owner is in every group e-mail including A/R and finance so he questions every single thing that comes through. Don't make ANY mistakes. I made a very minor one in my second week and it resulted in two phone calls from the owner and a follow up e-mail where I had to explain yet again what happened and how I am fixing it. It was literally insane! At any other company we would have just edited the transaction and been done with it. The owner is a liar. I caught him in 3 lies in two weeks. Who knows what else came out of his mouth was a lie? Do not trust him. Do you love being at work 43.75 hours a week and also having required after hours time? Don't forget no overtime pay because for some reason even if you aren't management your contract will say you are and aren't entitled to overtime. Team building events are after hours and mandatory. You have to read a book after hours and it's mandatory. They wanted me to sign up to some seminar thing that was after hours and mandatory. I talked to some department heads so asked some questions and found out even some meetings are after work and mandatory! I had a meeting with the owner and he just never showed up. He made 4 people move a meeting for that meeting and couldn't even be bothered to make the time. He does not respect your time people.

8 people found this review helpful