Circus World Displays Employee Reviews about "cwd"

Updated Dec 9, 2019

Found 14 of over 92 reviews

2.4
Circus World Displays Managing Director Deepak Jain  (no image)
Deepak Jain
Pros
  • "CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals(in 15 reviews)

• "Benefits for full time employees, established company, paid training and courses, company events a few times a year(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time(in 8 reviews)

• "Stress can often be high in the wake of a fast paced and ever-growing/ever changing environment(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "cwd"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Women need not apply

Dec 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people that work there.

Cons

This is a job where if you are a woman you really have no chance of moving up the corporate ladder. They will take a random man off of the streets opinion before they take yours. Let's fast forward to May 1st 2019. They announce the company is splitting to form ETI and CWD and assure everyone that no one will lose their job. An hour after that meeting the proceeded to lay off close to if not more than 20 people. The owners were very cold and any meetings about the company moving forward, the people that were being laid off where left out. Most of the department managers there do absolutely nothing all day, except for going on social media and watching videos all day. But don't bother bringing that up to anyone because most of the managers are men and HR won't do anything about it. There have been issues that were brought up to HR on more than 3 occasions and nothing was done about it. Also the turnover rate is ridiculous! In the time I was there 16 people quit or were let go. And any new people that were ever hired to fill that role were males. I have had jobs where I was assaulted but I have to say this was the worst job I have ever had in my life. No respect, back stabbing , gossip and owners that have no idea what any of their employees do and think of everyone as replaceable. The company may have split but the brothers are still fighting and everyone knows about it that works there.... It makes for a very uncomfortable work environment when you have to listen to both owners complain about each other. The one brother is 'forward thinking' but really has no social skills nor compassion for others. The other brother is stuck in his ways thinks his way is right and is better than everyone else. Both companies aren't putting out any new products and if there are it's just taking someone else's product and slapping their name on it so they don't disappear off the market.

7 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Contractor

Awesome Corporate Culture

Oct 5, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

The corporate culture is great at CWD. Everyone that I met and had the chance to work with during my time at CWD was great and extremely helpful. The company in general implements many initiates to promote team building experiences and events/company gathering during and outside of scheduled work hours. I feel like managers and supervisors have a lot of confidence in their employees and give them freedom to do and complete their work at their own pace which is great. Micro-management definitely isn't a problem within the company.

Cons

High turnaround of employees can impede business operations work/life balance could improve, especially with many company's recently moving to more initiatives supporting flexible hours, working from home, etc.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

An Engaging place to work that is open minded.

Sep 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work if you are interested in a challenging and fast paced work environment. CWD is a growth based comapny so you are always learning new things and they are open to new ways of achieving their goals. Pay, focus on goals and cool people to work with.

Cons

It’s hard for the company to find solid people, as Niagara Falls doesn’t have the workforce we need.

4. 5.0

Fast-Paced/Energetic/Great learning opportunities

May 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

CWD has been growing and getting better with each year. Their investment in employees with paying for learning opportunities courses etc. allows people to work towards their own advancement. This company is for you if you are willing to work hard, can adapt quickly in growing environment, enjoy new challenges and learning opportunities and are ambitious and want to grow. No employer is perfect but here they learn from their mistakes and try to make things better. Your ideas are heard and feedback used to improve culture constantly. Great co-workers make coming to work fun. Good work events.

Cons

It is a growing company which means some decisions aren't necessarily right and made too quickly without thinking things through. Also things that impact employees directly sometimes take longer to change like giving more vacation weeks etc.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great co-workers

Jan 10, 2017 - Operations Warehouse
      Business Outlook

Pros

CWD values an employees opinion and goes to great lengths to keep its staff happy. There are many team building events throughout the year that allow you to talk with people working in other departments you wouldn't normally see every day.

Cons

Communication between departments could be improved to help the company run more efficiently.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great Company for Internship or Co-op

Sep 4, 2015 - Quality Assurance Assistant in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've the opportunity to work at this Company as an Intern. Over 4 months at CWD and I would say that I'm glad for this huge experience. CWD provides to the employee the appropriate training besides all of the tools that it is necessary for them. Also, the team members are always there to assist you whenever you need. Sincerely, I do enjoy the tasks that I've done and also the new stuffs that I learn day by day. It is great to have this kind of experience because we are able to learn a practical task in a real workplace and to see how everything works, since we learn the theory at the College. Also, I would say that I did increase my knowledge while working at CWD.

Cons

I do not have any cons so far.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for start

Sep 4, 2015 - Warehouse Associate in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am working in CWD as a warehouse associate on 8 months contract. This is a great place to start career because in CWD they help you to find your career path and provide with a career growth.

Cons

Willing to get more Operations experience that would be closely connected to my education

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

CWD is an amazing company to work for!

Jun 5, 2015 - Customer Experience Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ever since starting at CWD, I've been very happy with not only the job, but myself. Working here, I feel very accomplished with the tasks I work on. Everyone is very helpful and great to work with. The amount of work events thrown for us is great, too! I have nothing to say but good things about working for CWD.

Cons

This has nothing to do directly with the company at all, but living so far away makes for a long drive to and from work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A place where you can make a difference

Nov 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A Toronto-like company in Niagara. Didn't need to leave home to do what I love. - People here are awesome to work with. Friendly, funny and unique. - Room to grow. The company is growing every year and believes in internal promotion, There are a lot of opportunities for someone to learn and move up even cross department. - Culture: great company events, contests, draws, parties, monthly lunches on the company, example: costumes and department treat or treating on Halloween. - Training (paid training) has always been a part of CWD, if the employee inquired. Now they are even developing and suggesting training programs for employees to take advantage of. - Recognition programs - Half price on all CWD products, plus CWD bucks to use towards those already half price products. Stuff like: Home Theater speakers, docks, wireless technology, turntables, baby monitors, security systems.

Cons

Not cons, things to consider: - Face paced: team members must be adaptable, flexible, open minded, organized, manage & prioritize tasks - Be ready to work, show your value and contribute. No person here floats. - You can make a difference at this company if you try. You do need to put an effort in and give solutions, instead of complain. - Do not expect to come out of college/university and make the amount an experienced professional in your field does. Also, Niagara region does not pay Toronto wages. - I'm sure like everywhere there are people who like to "hate the man". Stay away from Negative Nancy's they'll drag you down. - Company is lead by 2 managing directors who may not always be on the same page all the time. This can cause some bottlenecks in projects. Adapting to both different managing styles can also be a challenge, as their pace and processes are very different.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting and Interesting Work Environment

Nov 12, 2014 - Online Marketing Assistant in Niagara Falls, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at CWD for 3.5 years, when I come into work I am excited to get started. Pros: - Work is fun and not repetitive, problem solving is rewarding - some examples of unique fun tasks: Setting up contests and product giveaways, handling brand social media, advertising on external websites (low opportunity for jobs like this in Niagara) - Meetings allow to express ideas that are valued - CWD is always willing to improve your knowledge (webinars, seminars, conferences etc.) - Prestigious work space, dual monitors for everyone (some get 3) nice wood desks, fast computers - Great discounts on cool products - Lots of dinners and lunches - Fun company events quarterly - Company paid business trips all over the US and Asia - CWD is focused on the growing online retail industry, a growing industry - I get to create my own role (certain aspects) and not just listen to demands of a higher up. - If there is a task or process that doesn't make sense, my opinion is valued enough to change it and get results.

Cons

- When people ask me what I do its hard to explain since the job is so unique (internet marketing) - Work flow coming in from different directions, everyone's goals are important to them so each task is deemed urgent, since these tasks aren't tracked they seem like favors and don't help your personal end goal - Certain job roles are set up for success more then others - Time management, some days are a roller coaster of email responding and troubleshooting - Certain tasks are deemed #1 priority one week then are forgotten the next week

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews