Cisco Systems Reviews
91% would recommend to a friend
(18469 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Cisco Systems
24 days ago
I joined Cisco in September. But the role here I am on isn't making me learn anything new and I am not using my skills to the fullest here. Is there anyway I can take IJP? My role here is as a Project Manager but I am skilled as Product Owner and Product Manager! Is there anyone looking for a candidate for this role? I am currently on G8 with 4.5yrs of experience! Cisco
2 months ago
I read Cisco provides lot of benefits and reimbursement for newly joined employees. I am a blue badge employee who joined recently. I am from Bangalore only. Please let me know what all the benefits and reimbursements I can look for? Thank you for sharing valuable information and for your time! I really appreciate it as how much I am eager to know about it.
4 months ago
What is the market standard for 8 -9 years exp with devops and cloud background ? Now a days 5 -6 years exp guys are getting ( or atleast in fishbowl/quora they mention ) 40L -50 L.. Now sure whether this is sustainable figure.. Or this companies just do hire on contract basis to give this kind of money and after project is done they gets fired .. any idea ? Cisco , Deloitte , EY , Ericsson, Accenture Nokia , SAP , Tesco Bengaluru, LTIMindtree , Tata Consultancy , Intuit
Got a burning question about Cisco Systems? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Cisco Systems employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work/life balance (for most) with plenty of tools to help get that done." (in 3066 reviews)
- "Worked for Cisco for over 10 years the best I can say Benefits are good." (in 2216 reviews)
- "Also great for people with families as lot work in hybrid settings or from home." (in 1739 reviews)
- "There are alot of great people and the culture is great!" (in 1645 reviews)
- "Very inviting and good work culture" (in 929 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs and yearly hikes were low" (in 1265 reviews)
- "Bad management with little interest in employees" (in 728 reviews)
- "Too many managers doing very little and like to throw the dominoes in the air at the end of financial year" (in 581 reviews)
- "Too much politics; people don't work for the common goal but to justify their existence" (in 182 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management seems very oblivious." (in 164 reviews)
Found 18,469 of over 33T reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.05 Dec 2023Cloud EngineerCurrent EmployeeBangalore Rural
Less stress of work easily maintainable work life balance
hike is little less as compared to other product based company
- 4.030 Nov 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Definitely one of the best companies to work for in terms of work life balance. Atleast it’s true in terms of the team I worked for in Bangalore. Was extremely lucky to have had amazing managers.
Work was ok initially as a young engineer I got to learn a lot, but as you grow in your career as an SDE your opportunities to learn kinda reduces as you have a lot of senior folk around and you might not end up getting your due recognition and opportunities. Promotions are difficult as you grow can be said the same for other companies. Salary hikes are mediocre reasons being budget constraints but company has the budget to spend billions to buy Splunk Opportunities to switch to a team in US usually gets shot down by pathetic Executives in the US and India. Even if the other team really likes you and wants you there. Basically favourites of those people might get a chance in the future if an opportunity presents itself. Overall salary compared to other major companies in the market it’s below the market average. I’ve seen smaller and bigger companies who were willing to offer close to 40LPA for the same role. Lots of reorgs and uncertainty, priorities keep changing and most recently in our team one person had to do 2-3 people’s work would have been valuable if the work was something cutting edge but it basic UI work and some simple backend services to setup simple API routes to serve content to the UI. Definitely got bored and burnt out quite fast.
- 4.07 Sept 2023Software QA EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Cisco Systems Bangalore offers an exceptional employment experience. The company provides diverse opportunities, competitive compensation packages, and a stellar work culture. It fosters personal and professional growth for all employees, from entry-level to seasoned professionals. The compensation includes competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and performance-based incentives. Cisco's inclusive work environment encourages innovation and collaboration, with approachable leadership and a strong commitment to diversity. The company's dedication to work-life balance and community engagement initiatives further enhance its appeal. I highly recommend Cisco Systems Bangalore to anyone seeking a rewarding career in the tech industry.
My experience at Cisco Systems has been mixed. While the company offers technological innovation and opportunities, job security is a concern due to periodic layoffs. Frequent team reorganizations disrupt workflow and hinder relationship building. Additionally, the commitment to long-term employee growth can seem inconsistent. Prospective employees should weigh these challenges alongside the company's strengths before considering joining.
- 4.01 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeBengaluru
Working at Cisco offers opportunities to work for a global technology leader, engage in innovative projects, and access career development programs. A diverse, collaborative workforce, competitive compensation, and work-life balance make it an attractive choice. Cisco's commitment to corporate responsibility and employee well-being further enhance its appeal.
While working at Cisco has its advantages, there are some potential cons to consider: 1. Large Organization: Cisco is a large corporation, which may lead to bureaucracy and slower decision-making processes. 2. Competitive Environment: The tech industry is highly competitive, which can result in pressure to meet performance targets. 3. Job Stability: Like many tech companies, Cisco's workforce may face job instability due to market fluctuations. 4. Workload: Some employees may experience high workloads and long hours, impacting work-life balance. 5. Location: Job locations can vary, and some positions may require relocation. 6. Changing Technologies: The fast-paced tech industry may demand constant adaptation to new technologies and skills. 7. Office Politics: As with any large organization, office politics and hierarchies can sometimes be challenging.
- 3.025 Nov 2023Technical WriterFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
- Work life balance - Flexible working hours - Amazing campus / food / facilities / working conditions
- If your boss or immediate superiors are incompetent, they'll make it harder for you to rise up the ranks - Career progress is quite slow; most people join Cisco at the middle or end of their careers as a job becomes their second priority (family being first)
- 4.030 Nov 2023Software Development Engineer (SDE)Current Employee, less than 1 yearBengaluru
Nice if you want something chill, supreme WLB (although WFH is reducing now), but haven't found the work exciting yet.
Not very impressed with the seniors here.
- 5.02 Dec 2023Leader, Customer DeliveryCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBengaluru
Great culture Team collaboration Corporate transparency Employee friendly policies Values Processes Easy Internal Movements
Bonus % degrades recently Slow growth Pay scale for leaders is secondary priority
- 4.029 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
work culture is good hardly any layoffs in engineering work may be good depending on the team
compensation is not on par with similar companies
Cisco Systems Reviews FAQs
Cisco Systems has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 32,763 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Cisco Systems to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
91% of Cisco Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cisco Systems 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.