Citizens Bank "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Citizens Bank Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 17 Aug 2019

Found 2011 reviews

3.3
Citizens Bank CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
Pros
Cons
  • "If you have sales goals, even though a holistic environment is preached, it's solely about the numbers(in 105 reviews)

• "Upper management is totally disconnected from the reality(in 105 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Still Neutral"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are good to better than other places I have worked. Personally, the commute is good for me and the work is interesting.

Cons

As a new person coming into the organization, there are many entrenched colleagues that resist change and have not educated themselves on industry trends resulting in mediocre experiences for both customers and colleagues. Very hard to feel part of the team. Current physical space is the poorest I have worked in however they are building a new facility and moving in the next 18 months.

Advice to Management

My advice is to bring in more diversity of thought by hiring from the outside and hold existing employees accountable for performance. There are many colleagues that get so much praise for mediocre work.

Citizens Bank2019-05-16
  2. "Not recommended!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pto amount. Good benefits and insurance

Cons

Office politics to the hilt! Great expectations with mediocre pay. This comes from senior management. Not a good opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Senior level leadership needs to be replaced or trained in dealing with people. Do not foster a positive working environment.

Citizens Bank2019-05-06
  3. "Relationship Banker"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are Good Bankers Hours if you Work in a Traditional Branch Bonus Incentives Great Colleagues to Work With Numerous Opportunities Outside the Branch for Advancement Training Program

Cons

Goals are Constantly Changing Heavy Sales Orientated In Store Branch Hours Technology is a Little Behind for Consumers and Branch Technology Even Though the Training Program is Good if You Do Not Have a Sales Background You Might Not Pick It Up Quickly

Advice to Management

Needs to be less sales orientated and more advice based. The Citizens Checkup is a great tool and needs to be used more often rather that focusing on what we are able to sell. The Retirement Checkup if great as well and needs more focus as well.

Citizens Bank2019-03-31

Citizens Bank Response

April 18, 2019Sr Project Analyst

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate the honest and constructive feedback. Keep up the strong work, and please keep sharing your observations - it will help us continuously improve as a bank!

4. "Great place to work if seeking a high growth environment"

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sense of community, pay & benefits are good, as is time off.

Cons

Clean technology updates, enhanced reimbursement for higher learning

Citizens Bank2019-03-25

Citizens Bank Response

April 18, 2019Sr Project Analyst

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to share feedback. We hope you continue to grow with us for many more years!

5. "Culture does not promote collaboration."

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

The medical benefits are good and additional lifestyle discounts are good. Good support of community.

Cons

Too may processes in place that take way too long to move business forward. Many departments work within silos and business decisions are made without understanding the impact to all lines of business. Management creates a culture of fear and collaboration is not important.

Citizens Bank2019-01-20
  6. "Much better than many other companies... For the adequate profesional it can be a full filing career"

Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in South Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with a good vision. Excellent culture that embraces and welcomes diversity, celebrates and rewards US veterans, celebrates LGTB, and it is actively involve helping the community! Progressive growing company that is truly customer driven. Good benefits, good 401k plan. 4% match contribution, 6% after a year of employment. Great employee stock investing program. Up to 21,000 for adoption purposes! An additional...

Cons

Honestly, life is what make it. Of course there are situations that as people we can’t fully control such as technology or a negative colleague but for the most part the work environment is very positive and professional. Training, life- work balance, paid time off are super duper good! Great place to work. Love my regional manager and hiring manager. Citizens Bank is a company that I proudly work for!

Advice to Management

Upgrade computer systems. More female leaders!

Citizens Bank2018-12-02
  7. "Assistant branch manager"

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

Good benefits, bonuses, PTO, holidays off

Cons

Long hours, sales goals, lots of pressure if you don’t meet your goals

Citizens Bank2018-11-24

"I left because of management not the bank"

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

good benefits, good incentives and pay. They also have occasional employee engagement activities that make work fun

Cons

Management in my location was awful. She was mean rude. Didn't try to develop. She was very set in her ways and not wiling to work with the team as a team. It was her way or no way. For example... it was the end of the world to have a cup of water or tape dispenser at your desk. I couldn't have my everyday resources and tools available within easy reach.

Advice to Management

Mangers should go through some kind of people management training. They get promoted based on sales metrics but that doesn't mean they can lead or manage a team.

Citizens Bank2018-06-08

"Teller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Citizens Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits for full time

Cons

Long hours for part time

Advice to Management

Better training would help all

Citizens Bank2018-06-02

"Business Improvement Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Improvement Consultant in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits excluding pay- 401k, vacation time and flexible work schedule are good

Cons

Frequent layoffs with additional workload for remaining staff and no salary adjustments. Additional evening and weekend hours required even though that wasn't part of the job description and no additional salary benefit given. Operating systems are sub par. Outages that affected not only colleagues but customers were pretty common.

Advice to Management

Good communication and periodic one on ones are essential for employee/team growth and success. Also, market pay reviews for each colleague shouldn't be released unless the company intends to make good on the disseminated information.

Citizens Bank2018-06-03