Citizens Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 141 of over 3,127 reviews

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,220 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance, health benefits(in 163 reviews)

• "Very good benefits as well as really good pay(in 161 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Must make sales goals every quarter(in 141 reviews)

• "Corporate America Upper management stressful(in 126 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

2m

an

Analyst

If CITI is exiting from Asia and Australian markets, Then what about people working with CITI? Will CITI IT employees/Teams will be continuing their work with the new employer(Acquiring company) or CITI IT employees needs to resign?? Citi Citi Bank Citizens Bank JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley Wells Fargo Standard Chartered Deloitte Tata Consultancy WiproHCL Technologies Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad State Bank of India Infosys Microsoft Google Bank of America Bank of Baroda

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall Good

Nov 17, 2021 - Personal Banker II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work to family balance

Cons

Aggressive sales goals and work load.

Citizens Response

Thanks for your outstanding rating and for your six years of service to Citizens! We hope that you've found the career success and happiness you deserve!

2. 4.0

Sales goal

Oct 13, 2021 - Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

holidays, PTO, leave on time no OT

Cons

Sales goals hard to attain depending on location Pushing for sales instead of customer experience Calling all day no customer interactions Bankers don’t have teller access

Continue reading

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective about what it's like to work at Citizens. We do set sales goals for our colleagues, but always want to ensure the needs of our customers come first. If you would like to discuss your specific concerns about sales goals, we invite you to call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234. We're ready to listen!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Citizens

Oct 26, 2021 - Banker in Elizabethtown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and paid time off

Cons

Sales goals seem to be getting more and more difficult to achieve.

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review and for working hard to serve our customers every day! We're pleased that you're enjoying the many benefits of working at Citizens. We want you to know that a lot of research goes into the sales goals we establish and that the majority of our colleagues routinely meet them. If you'd like to discuss your specific concerns, please call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234. We're ready to listen!

4. 3.0

Decent

Sep 29, 2021 - Retail Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Work life balance Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Cold calling Dated technology High sales goals ( in a poverty demographic area)

Continue reading

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review! We so appreciate your feedback. We can tell you that we continually evaluate our sales goals and that the majority of our colleagues meet and exceed them. We would be happy to learn more about your concerns if you want to call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234. Thanks again!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent place to learn, little growth opportunity

Aug 12, 2021 - Licensed Relationship Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a decent place to gain exposure to the investment industry.

Cons

Very little growth potential. Sales goals weren't adjusted for geographic location.

Citizens Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on working at Citizens. We're sorry that you didn't find the growth opportunities you were seeking. We've made significant investments in training and programs to ensure that every colleague has the chance to build their skills and grow. Best of luck in all your future career endeavors!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great culture

Jul 16, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

They endorse family values for individuals.

Cons

They hire branch managers with zero background in banking and really target retail employees. They push credit cards and accounts. I’ve seen some shady stuff pulled to get accounts open such as: individuals have accounts open without the signer being present, accounts open with no deposit and then closed a week after the quarter ends just to have that person reopen an account 6 months later. Ruthless sales goals, and no real help from upper management other than “sell”

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your honest assessment. We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your time working at Citizens. We work very hard to deliver support, benefits, and programs to help every colleague achieve their best personally and professionally. We wish you much success in your career!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Teller

Jun 9, 2021 - Teller in Meadville, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and vacation time is very generous

Cons

Must make sales goals every quarter

Citizens Response

Thank you for the outstanding rating! We're so happy that you're enjoying the benefits of working at Citizens! Thanks again and have a great day!

8. 4.0

Good employer

Jun 7, 2021 - Citizens Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues and managers Good hours. Short weekend shifts if at all.

Cons

Sales goals every quarter and are always getting higher

Citizens Response

Thank you! It's great to hear such good things. A great work environment makes all the difference. Also, please know that a lot of research goes into our sales goals, which most of our colleagues continually achieve. If you'd like to discuss your specific concerns, please contact the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call us anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727. Thank you!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Stressful

Jun 13, 2021 - Teller Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay were pretty good compared to other banks

Cons

Sales goals were crazy! way too much cold calling!

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. We encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 so that we can look into your concerns.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

SELL SELL SELL!!

May 26, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours, friendly coworkers

Cons

Focuses more on sales goals than customer service, long periods of time not doing anything.

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing and for your time at Citizens! We appreciate all your hard work in serving our customers and wish you the best in all your future career endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews