Citizens Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 29 Nov 2020

3.5
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales goals outdated technology, lack of operational focus(in 120 reviews)

• "Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like(in 112 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good, not great"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Citizens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Upper management is friendly and cares. Work hours are great. Lots of great benefits

Cons

Pay raises are ridiculously low, technology needs lots of improvement, not a ton of structure or training

December 2, 2020

Thanks for over 5 years of service with us! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our flexible work hours and benefits. Did you know that between our Development Weeks and webinars, colleagues completed more than 432,000 hours of development in 2019! We also wanted to share that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company - for customers and colleagues.

2. "Good people"

Former Employee - Small Business Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good branch management great coworkers

Cons

Horrible upper management and favorites.

November 17, 2020

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Citizens. The people you work with make all the difference...and we have some amazing colleagues, if we do say so. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. "Sales Reporting is most important factor in this job"

Former Employee - Licensed Banker in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the people I worked with in my branch

Cons

Upper management is disconnected and only reviewing sales reports

December 11, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the people you worked with, it really is such an important part of the job! A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

4. "Not a bad place to work at all"

Former Employee - Licensed Banker in Phila, PA

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than a year

Pros

-the training process really helped to get you a good foundation -upper management was great and very hands on -always offered regional fun quarterly activities to celebrate stuff

Cons

-Level of training and help from branch management varied. Some branches were great to work at others made you hate going to work everyday -the consistency of work environment and culture was different branch to branch

November 2, 2020

Thanks for posting a review. We're happy you chose Citizens Bank to grow your career. Best of luck in your next opportunity — we're cheering for you!

"Awful"

1.0
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Citizens full-time

Pros

benefits and pay are the only ones

Cons

The worst technology and upper management you will see anywhere. Systems straight from the 1980's which follows the overall feel of the bank. Awful remote desktop with issues every other day. 500mb mail box maximum. 3-4 major reorgs every year with people literally being treated as plugs. When you enter the cfg system they literally move you around wherever they want. No direction and forward thinking here. They are trying to bring in as many people from outside banks as they can because no one at CFG can actually think for themselves. No ownership of anything taken.

November 12, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us. Know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company. We encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 so that we can look into your concerns.

"Not the best place to work"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Banker

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, Opportunities to grow, good training

Cons

Unless you are OK with harassing people with phone calls and sales, this is NOT the job for you. Upper Management breath down your neck all the time if you dont sell your soul. Branch located inside stores have long and late hours with no sundays off.

December 8, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. This is certainly not the type of culture that we support. Please consider contacting the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call us anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 to share more information about what you experienced.

7. "Sales in a Slowly Dying Industry"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Citizens full-time

Pros

PTO + Vacation Work/Life Balance Decent place to work without requiring degree High Turnover creates quick path upward Typically fast pace if you are a good manager Opportunity to grow colleagues and coach 1 on 1

Cons

Customers given incentive to do all account openings online by the same company micro-managing your daily sales. Retail Banking slowly dying therefore pressure keeps mounting with less and less opportunity. High Turnover creates instability and burnout Very disorganized with new initiatives - Flavor of the Week Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like Pulled in 100 different directions everyday

8. "Unstable"

Former Employee - Universal Banker in Butler, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company advancement is always possible

Cons

Unbelievable turnover and lack of support from upper management

9. "Good company but lots of frequent changes"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Citizens full-time

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, coworkers are very friendly

Cons

Lots of constant changes to upper management

March 31, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for posting a review! Glad you enjoyed your time with us and your coworkers — it's such an important part of the job. Best of luck in your next role. Have a nice day, and stay safe.

10. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Analyst Specialist in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Citizens full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bank to work for that is very involved in the communities where it operates. Good upper management. Great fellow employees. Good benefits.

Cons

Outdated technology and computer equipment.

January 8, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Great to hear you enjoy working at Citizens, and that you're feeling involved in the community in Glen Allen! Know that we're also actively taking steps to update our legacy systems to modernize our work environment and simplify our processes even more. We hope you had a terrific New Year!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 English Reviews