Citizens Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 260 of over 3,127 reviews

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,220 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance, health benefits(in 163 reviews)

• "Very good benefits as well as really good pay(in 161 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Must make sales goals every quarter(in 141 reviews)

• "Corporate America Upper management stressful(in 126 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

2m

an

Analyst

If CITI is exiting from Asia and Australian markets, Then what about people working with CITI? Will CITI IT employees/Teams will be continuing their work with the new employer(Acquiring company) or CITI IT employees needs to resign?? Citi Citi Bank Citizens Bank JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley Wells Fargo Standard Chartered Deloitte Tata Consultancy WiproHCL Technologies Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad State Bank of India Infosys Microsoft Google Bank of America Bank of Baroda

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall great place to work

Nov 24, 2021 - IT Security Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The Work/Life balance-Citizens offers a great work/life balance and management understands you have a family and may need to take off to go take care of whatever comes up even at a short notice. -Career Opportunities. There are many career opportunities available but you have to be willing to take advantage of the great resources that are available to the employees. You have to be in charge of your career and let your manager know how you want your career to progress.

Cons

-Compensation in terms of no cost of living raise and the yearly raise is minimal. -IT equipment still outdated but is improving. -No reduced rates for public transportation/Parking fees. If you do not work at the main campus in RI, then you have to pay full price for public transportation or parking garages when going into the office.

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, but more importantly for choosing us for your career home for the past 10 years! We're so happy that we've been able to provide the work/life balance and career support you need. We also strongly believe in providing the benefits and compensation our colleagues deserve while ensuring we're in a strong financial position to continue to grow and serve our customers, colleagues and communities for years to come. If you want to discuss more about your concerns, give our HR Service Center a call at 1-866-472-8234.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A good company to work

Nov 18, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary , work life balance and growth mind set people.

Cons

Decision making process are slow compare to fast moving market

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's good to see that you've found so many benefits of working at Citizens. We are, though, committed to innovation and finding new and better ways of doing things. So, if you'd like to share more about your decision-making concerns, we're ready to listen. Just call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company, great people

Nov 10, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, work life balance.

Cons

Technology (actively being improved), upward mobility.

Citizens Response

Thanks for the great analysis! We couldn't agree more about our amazing team of colleagues! And one of the ways we strive to retain them is to offer training and development programs to help them build skills and advance their careers. If you'd like to discuss your specific concerns about upward mobility, please don't hesitate to call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234.

4. 5.0

An outstanding culture!

Nov 4, 2021 - Business Banking Relationship Manager in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management! Culture! Good pay & benefits Excellent work/life balance

Cons

None! I have a long drive each day but I don’t care! I love my job!

Citizens Response

There's nothing that pleases us more than knowing our colleagues love what they do! Thanks for your kind words and for being a part of our amazing team!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture and taking market share

Oct 18, 2021 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Growing platform *People are mostly terrific *Opportunity to take on a lot more responsibility than your "title"

Cons

*Depends on the group, but some groups are less supportive of your out-of-office life...i.e. little to no work/life balance

Citizens Response

Thanks for the high five and your honest feedback! Though we do love a great rating and happy colleagues, we're always looking for ways we can improve. So if you want to share more specific feedback or suggestions to help you achieve work/life balance, give our HR Service Center a call at 1-866-472-8234.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fraud operations specialist

Oct 14, 2021 - Fraud Specialist in Pittsburgh, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Great employees / team Positive environment

Cons

Dealing with angry customers Handling high volume call center

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review and for the years you spent helping protect our customers. We wish you much success in your career!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Below market comp. no bonus or additional benefits

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, stress free

Cons

Poor pay, promotions take years, don’t value colleagues that have been here for a long time instead focus on throwing money at new hires

Citizens Response

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us, and that your experience did not match your expectations. If you'd like to share more, please consider contacting the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 so that we can further discuss this matter.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company , great interview process and an offer that exceeded my expectations!

Sep 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company offering work / life balance, competitive pay and benefits!

Cons

No cons so far … the hiring process was a bit long but this is a new group so it is understandable.

Citizens Response

We couldn't ask for a better review! Thank you! We're so happy that you've decided to bring your talents to Citizens. We can just tell you're going to love it here!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Citizens Bank

Oct 13, 2021 - Personal Universal Banker in Upper Darby, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co workers, great start to your banking career.

Cons

No work life balance, company did not care for its emoloyees except for their bottom line, managers got worse through the years of working there. Closing of branches which made the location (which was already busy) even more busy without adding more staff, no place for growth

Citizens Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your time with us wasn’t what you hoped it to be. We take all concerns seriously and would like to better understand your perspective. Please consider contacting the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 to share more information about what you experienced so that we can look into and address as appropriate.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent

Sep 29, 2021 - Retail Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Work life balance Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Cold calling Dated technology High sales goals ( in a poverty demographic area)

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review! We so appreciate your feedback. We can tell you that we continually evaluate our sales goals and that the majority of our colleagues meet and exceed them. We would be happy to learn more about your concerns if you want to call our HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 260 Reviews