Civica Reviews

Updated 17 Jan 2021

4.0
Civica Chief Executive Officer Wayne Story
Wayne Story
Pros
  • "Civica has fantastic flexible working arrangements to suit nearly any situation(in 59 reviews)

• "Flexible working gives you a great work-life balance(in 52 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "People Oriented Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner HRBP in Vadodara

I have been working at Civica full-time

Pros

Company is people oriented. Very Positive environment Good benefits Flexible

Cons

Salary is not as per market standard for non-tech roles.

2. "Good Place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Test Analyst in Vadodara

I worked at Civica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance, Exciting opportunity, New projects, Processes

Cons

Nothing as such during my employment with this organization

3. COVID-19

"Lot of Politics | Worst Promotion/Increment Policiies"

1.0

I have been working at Civica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Flexibility in work * Salary structure is good

Cons

* Low or no increment * Lengthy process for promotion(only be given when there is open position -otherwise people don't get promoted) you either have to resign or wait for years for promotions * Managers are not supportive/ false people * 3 Months notice - no matter whether the workload is there or not * People department is just puppet of management * BU has unrealistic performance expectations * They dont care about employees, in this covide pandemic they have offered job to people who left their Organization to join Civica and then they ditched them by rejecting/got their offer down. So few people got jobless because of this * They postponed increment for 6-7 months by saying that company not sure about their near term growth (when their business was already grown and hiring was in process)

4. "Very good Company"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Vadodara

I have been working at Civica full-time

Pros

All the employers are very friendly and very helpful in nature

Cons

No cons from my side

5. COVID-19

"Not for long term, Lot of Politics"

2.0

I have been working at Civica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Time Working Good technical knowledge of some leads Social events Good tax benefits

Cons

*Low average pay scale *Poor Decisions by Senior management in Vadodara *Lot of internal politics, some of the manager are biased towards few employees *Very complex promotion policies ( you have to wait for 6 months, need to show lot of proofs for promotion and mostly get rejected ) * Increment postponed due to pandemic even being in profit, lot of candidate who left their job and took offer from Civica were left jobless in the name of pandemic * One has to serve 3 months of notice period even if you don't have any work * 4% Variable pay in CTC (make sure to check before accepting offer) * People team doesn't stand with employees (will be biased towards management)

6. COVID-19

"Awesome experience and learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Frontend Developer in Vadodara

I have been working at Civica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly environment , best team mates , Many more learning opportunities , job security.

Cons

Couldn't get chance o international trip from company , might be due to pandemic

7. COVID-19

"Don't rely on civica."

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Civica full-time

Pros

Good work culture Work life balance

Cons

They revoked offer without any proper justification. Low budget projects Its compulsory for employees to sign a bond when they get offer. However it doesn't apply to the company. They can revoke your offer anytime so be aware of the same.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Vadodara

I worked at Civica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work and grow your self

Cons

Didn't find anything bad so far

"Money and Management"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Civica full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance culture. Good support if you seek any help. Good cycle of salary payment. Some of a good policies. Different committees that will help you to learn something new.

Cons

Less salary especially for locals. Do not expect more in appraisals after joining in. They will anyhow put you around current local market trend based on your experience. Now the upcoming part is more interesting.. SFIA framework for the promotion - To delay the promotion of an employee even-if they are capable of their next role or having enough experience. After achieving those skills mentioned in SFIA framework for their next level such as Team Lead, many other issues you might face at the time of approving your filed competency. These process has many steps and need business unit's approval of the project in which you have been assigned. If no BU approval means no promotion. This might be positive but no more work from home culture. You might get a chance to work from home sometimes based on a valid reason and that too with your manager's approval. Almost business unit centric organization. Though they says we are one Civica, still lots of other differences you can see and feel between any other offices and India. Lucky you are if you have been assigned to a good project else I hope the lord will save you and your good smile. Last but not the least, after reading Cons, if you still want to join then my humble request to you is "don't compromise in a salary package" that you were looking for.

10. "Best company to work in Vadodara"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in Vadodara

I worked at Civica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great working environment - Work life balance - Supportive colleagues - Company growing day by day - In Vadodara, its one of the best company to work with - 5 days working company - Onsite opportunity - Flexible working hours - Management is supportive and helpful - Taking care of an employees just as Family. This is the best point which I like about the company - Salary on time - Increment is quite good as per the market - I would definitely recommend this company to join. It's one one the best company I had ever worked with in my career.

Cons

- Minor thing to concern is about the designation change process which is bit complex. It might be only from my point of view. Apart from that minor point, everything is Superb.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 525 English Reviews