CoStrategix Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

CoStrategix CEO Nandagopal Jayaram
Nandagopal Jayaram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work"

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time

Pros

- You can learn a lot & grow personally as well as technically
    - Lots of new technologies in BI, IoT
    - Those who are open to learning

Cons

- No as of now. There were a few but they are working on it
    - Less facilities

2. "Good Company to Work"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Bengaluru

I have been working at CoStrategix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Open office environment
    - Flexible timings
    - Good support/initiatives from tech managers
    - Agile oriented process
    - Always open to new technologies
    - Team lunch/outings

Cons

I feel from my work experience that project management still could be better in place.

Advice to Management

No Advice to management.
    I always like to prefer this company to my colleagues and friends.

"Associated software analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Pros

Friendly environment,Open to new technologies,good work life balance,open office culture,

Cons

I am not facing any issues right now,

"Lack of professional approach and poor work culture"

Former Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Bengaluru

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are nice. Flexible work-life balance.

Cons

Upper management is clueless on how IT companies actually operate. They clearly lack leadership and vision. It's more of a family-based business model in which they operate, where only 2-3 people make decision who have no idea about the basics of management.

They don’t even provide basic facilities for people. Internet is very slow. There are no proper systems and devices to work on. Employees are unhappy that they are not able to complete their projects on time due to lack of basic facilities. Managers are putting undue pressure on the team members without understanding the reason for delay. It is very evident that people are unhappy and highly demoralized.

There is not even AC in the work area and people are just draining out in the scorching heat. Many complaints regarding this in the past just fell on deaf ears. They just don't want to spend, but what they are actually not realizing is that they are losing out more due to their approach. It's like penny wise, pound foolish.

Management have demoralized and drained people to the extent that people are waiting for any option to get out.

Most of the critical employees are leaving the company due to the obliviousness of the management. And they have not done a single thing to retain the remaining employees. They have no idea how bad of a position they are in.

Advice to Management

Please learn how companies operate. You can't just let everyone leave, then put pressure on few people, and then expect people to work for you happily without any motivation. If more people are leaving, then the problem is with the management and not with the people. It's high time management introspect about this. Invest on people and get connected with employees which is very important.

6. "Good company to work in"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Bengaluru

Pros

Good working environment
    Good pay
    Good growth

Cons

So far no note worthy cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Needs to improve a lot"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ignore the 5 star ratings (Mgmt trying to bump up the ratings) as also the 1 star ones (some left the company due to some bad incidents). I will attempt to put in a proper rating as per my exp here.
    Pros :
    1. Open Door Policy of Management - they are willing to listen.
    2. Flexible timings
    3. Work from home
    4. Plenty of projects on the mobile platform

Cons

1. Poor implementation of processes. They have well documented processes but hardly anyone implements it.
    2. Focus on fulfilling business requirement rather than engineering scalable stable applications. MVP seems to always become the ultimate final goal.
    3. Reactive approach rather than proactive. Lots of fire fighting during execution of most projects. Side effect of points 1 & 2.
    4. Too much multi tasking. Senior engineers act as Development managers
    + Technical leads + Dev Ops + Architects & sometimes even project managers. With so many hats, one cannot focus on improving any of the threads. This leads to absence of conventions, good practices in each of the given activity threads.
    5. Excessive focus on client satisfaction while ignoring employee needs & career growth. Due to point 4, Managers don't focus much on their team member's career growth.
    6. Quite a few maintenance projects where the scope of employee's knowledge growth is limited. Few projects have new technologies since people tend to stick to traditional technologies (PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework 2) rather than experiment on new ones.
    7. Meetings on improving the resource allocation, greater output, better project delivery take place but never on improving employee satisfaction or growth.

Advice to Management

Richard Branson states that the best way to have a great company is "Put your staff first, customers second, and shareholders third". With not much planned projects & less focus on engineering, the employee's work satisfaction & knowledge growth suffers a lot. To reduce the growing attrition rate, this needs to be addressed asap.

"Costrategix Exerience"

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to new technologies
    Best company for PHP technoligies
    Management open discussion and feedbacks

Cons

Encouraging the people
    No proper infrastructure at workplace
    You feel like you are not working in IT company

Advice to Management

Improve office infastructure
    Encourage people at workplace

"BEST PLACE TO RUIN YOUR LIFE"

Former Employee - Analyst in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bengaluru

Pros

Have not come across anything till the last survival day in costrategix -

Cons

I come up with lots of expectations and growth, but when i joined this company i got a feel of govt office. people with no formal communication/attire/no response to the mails from management to lower levels. So my request to all the people/candidates - please do not join this company just because of colorful website and videos. Don't regret by joining this company like me because i was their hardly for 8 months could not bare the culture and micromanagement people - they call this as the process.
    "i have seen when a person/employ resigns - Management will spread a BAD News/rumors about the resigned person saying that - "HIS PERFORMANCE IS NOT GOOD" - so why did you hire such person and blaming behind. People at TOP are always a double stranded in this company - don't believe them blindfold.

"Observed few candidates run away post joining this organization"

Advice to Management

TRY TO CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING and BLAMING others for your mistakes, don't impose your ideas on others and call it a PROCESS - which has no meaning - PLEASE STOP POKING NOSE ON EVERYTHING which is not relevant to YOU

"Superb!! Excellent working environment and very open work culture"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Bengaluru

Pros

Costrategix is having very good infrastructure and skill full team.
    Management Team so helpful and supportive. There is no bar to explore yourself.
    One can feel very cool, worth place to work with.
    I am very happy that I am a part of Costrategix, an IT firm.

Cons

I have not find a single bad thing about costrategix. If anyone looking for best career in IT, Costrategix is best....

CoStrategix Response

19 May 2015 – Account Manager

Thank you for your encouraging feedback, we are constantly trying to improve. As you know we are a fast growing company with great ambition and there is a lot to achieve. We can only make it happen... More

"My experience working with CoStrategix Technologies."

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Bengaluru

I worked at CoStrategix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at CoStrategix Technologies for 3.5 years. Recently some of my friends in Cos asked me whether I added any reviews about Cos recently. I was bit surprised and thought of checking out the company page in Glassdoor. This particular post, "Do not join this company if you want a good growth in your career" caught my attention. I guess some folks misunderstood that I wrote it. I don't know why.

I think this company does not deserve such harsh comments. Anyway, here is my review about Costrategix Technologies :)

I got the offer from Costrategix in 2009. It was a decent offer in the recession time. But i did not accept the offer and decided to go to my native. Later, I applied for Cos in 2010. I got selected by the second time. I was given nearly a month to catch up with their coding framework. And was placed in to few good projects after that. Worked on really good technologies starting from my first project. As a professional, I liked to stay at my comfort zone. But I was able to come out of it at-least for last few months in Cos. I improved my leadership skills and communication skills before leaving Cos. I would like to give that credit to my Lead cum Manager and the Management.

About the CEO, MD and Directors: They are really good professionals. I did not see any such MD in my career who works very closely with the employees and encourage them to meet their goals. I could see a great unity and vision in the management. And the Architects in US are really amazing (I worked very closely with an architect in US who literally knows everything in Software Development. He is so great ! ).

One thing I loved about Cos was: "You have the complete freedom to experiment on trending technologies". I have seen some senior folks who came up with great ideas and got appreciation and recognition directly from the CEO. Heard few of my colleagues got promoted recently. All of them really shown their great talent and they deserved it.

One last thing folks: No-one paid me to add these comments and I have mentioned only genuine things which I experienced from Cos :)

Cons

Cos may not have a good brand name like other companies. But the quality of work they deliver and the kind of ideas they have is really amazing. Cos grown as a really good technology company. You can join this company if you really want to achieve something in your career.

Advice to Management

Ensure Employee Satisfaction.