Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews
76% would recommend to a friend
(54868 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 54,868 of over 90T reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "work life balance is good and it also depends on the team and project you are working in" (in 6200 reviews)
- "Still there a good work culture but it is not as good as it was in 2010s." (in 4652 reviews)
- "Good work Environment as compared to other Peer Companies and provides the needed Benefits to employees." (in 2036 reviews)
- "culture is the best at the company and and good work ethics at the company and so on" (in 1706 reviews)
- "Good benefits and they emphasize on learning that they will reimburse you for any learning you do outside of the company" (in 1380 reviews)
- "Salary is less for people who stay there for long time with more years of experience" (in 3688 reviews)
- "The management is poor as it's a big company and has to manage a lot of things" (in 2634 reviews)
- "+ Easy to get lost in the crowd if you dont have a good manager pushing your case" (in 1327 reviews)
- "think they’re paying less compared to the market rate the bonus and salary hike is also limited" (in 1170 reviews)
- "No salary hike and rating system is not transparent" (in 1137 reviews)
- 5.014 Mar 2016Programmer Analyst TraineeCurrent EmployeeBengaluru
I joined Cognizant in August, 2015 as a fresher and fortunately, I am going to leave it in few days. There are not much pros. After thinking hard, I was able to come across with few of them. 1. If you do not want to work much or stretch yourself, this is a place for you. It is a relaxed kind of job for freshers like any government job 2. Basic amenities and infrastructure of any location are very good.
1. It is often tough for a fresher to get his/her first project after the completion of training. 50% of them remain in bench for a lond period of time which does not count to their professional experience much. 2. Even if some freshers get deployed into project immediately after the training (the lucky ones), they may get maintenance work, ticketing etc. which is a sheer waste of their talent. Only around 20% of the people ( who are deployed into the project) get some good work like that of a developer. Hence, we see that around 10% of the freshers manage to get some good stuff. 3. Salary is very bad for the freshers. Hike is also extremely poor. 4. Unlike other IT companies like Infosys, low level management is extremely bad. There will be absolutely no one to guide you if you want some kind of help. They do not care about freshers. Many a times, it is like you are on your own. 5. Bad training. Seriously, their only aim is to anyhow complete the training. 6. Deployment of freshers into the project is completey random. A guy who is not much technically sound can get a very good project while the deserving guys may get the bench. 7. In terms of transparency is absolutely 0.765
- 3.014 Nov 2023Programmer Analyst ICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
The development projects are good and meet the standards of IT and the support projects are average and these projects meet the standard of BPO and are not recommended.
1) The development projects don't meet the standards of the skills we work in. We don't get the tasks in the particular skill with any programming languages and only the related tasks. 2) The support project is worse and hence, those projects are fitted to the BPO companies only and not the IT company like Cognizant. 3) Working in the support project will definitely make you forget the programming language or the development work and hence, will mood off the work we do. These things will affect your career.
- 4.05 Dec 2023Programme AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
As an employee I seek true work culture in an organisation and cognizant provides that. Provides better compensation and benefits. Good management. Positive business outlook.
As we all know cognizant is a Service based company and in any of these companies employees concerns about 1. Work life balance 2. Limited career growth 3. Job insecurity
- 4.04 Dec 2023Senior AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGurgaon, Haryana
Projects offer good technology learning. It tries to allocate resources to projects soon enough.
Less Projects in Delhi NCR. Also there is no job security in Cognizant if one is on bench
- 3.03 Dec 2023Senior Associate At Cognizant Technology SolutionsCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Parents will be covered in insurance however it very less
Shift timings are 10 hours. Do not provide anything during Diwali not even a smal box of sweets
- 3.030 Nov 2023AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsPune
Good number Of clients and opportunities
The work life balance is no longer a motto of this company. If u wanna grow here it's only through pleasing your managers rather than doing actual work.
- 5.02 Dec 2023Programmer/AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMumbai
Unlike other companies for the yearly cycle you get paid pretty well, you do have job security and they don’t remove their employees unless and critical situation. Ample of opportunities
Working hours are 10 hrs(9 +1)
- 2.03 Dec 2023Technical LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Brand name is the only good thing which you can use it to get a good offer from another company and move on
Worst management team, micromanagement is at its peak in most projects
Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews FAQs
Cognizant Technology Solutions has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 90,181 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Cognizant Technology Solutions to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
76% of Cognizant Technology Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cognizant Technology Solutions 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.