Collaborative Solutions Reviews

3.9
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance can become skewed(in 14 reviews)

• "Steep growth curves make for growing pains, but Collaborative really makes an effort to address issues once they're aware of them(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Ok ok"

Former Employee - Sal Technical Consultant

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Good work enviornment. Salary was ok ok.

Cons

Some of the areas need improvement

2. COVID-19

"Been here two years and loving it!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

My favorite part of working here has been the people. I started in a training class with 20-25 other recent college graduates and still remain friends with them two years later. I have always had managers constantly looking out for my best interests. I am able to reach out to just about anyone on my team when I am stuck or need help. In non-Covid times, travel was a lot of fun but still able to maintain a good WLB, not overly demanding. Remote work is encouraged as it taking your PTO (which is unlimited). Many opportunities for growth and advancement if you take advantage of them. The management team does a great job of communicating with employees and believe this company has great things in the future!

Cons

Very few negatives to say. Work can get stressful during busy periods. Would be nice to reduce requirements for bonus structure for a higher base pay.

May 11, 2021Marketing and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this review! We appreciate you offering your insight as a current employee at Collaborative and are so pleased to hear you have had a great experience joining our team. We wish you continued success and happiness as a Collabie!

3. COVID-19

"Treat employees like they are dispensable"

1.0
    Former Employee - Workday Integrations Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay , that is literally the only pro I can think of

Cons

I worked here for only two months, as I was fired as soon as I failed my certification test. I was fired during a pandemic with barley any explanation. This company is not transparent about them firing everyone who fails their certification. If I had known this when I was first interviewing I would not have even taken the job. My learning style is not a rushed process, I need to study and consume information over time. They Throw you into taking a complicated certification test 1 week after studying. BTW EVERYONE CHEATED ON THE CERTIFICATION. They set you up with mentors/ buddies from the organization that basically will tell you all the answers. For the first part of my test I did completely on my own (mistake ! it is impossible to do on your own by only learning the info for one /two weeks). I also had complications with my electricity due to a hurricane passing through that effected one of my tests. They did not empathize with me nor cared. I hope someone who conducts the certification from workday sees this post ! Collaborative solutions is a sham and they all cheat their new hires through your certification. If anyone from workday wants to discredit them, I have proof too if anyone from WD wants it comment I will send it. I literally have groupchat messages of ppl cheating their way through the certifications ... Yet I got fired from failing trying to do it on my own lol Rushed training, Not transparent about Certification process , Fire employees once they fail Certification test

February 10, 2021

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have the same fantastic experience that so many Collabies do. In our interview process, in the employment contract, and throughout onboarding, we are transparent with our policy, which states that employment is contingent upon passing the certification tests. Our training program is designed to prepare you as much as possible prior to entering the certification courses, and we match everyone up with a training buddy who acts as a mentor to help guide you through the certification process without directly solving your problems. We are proud of the success that our consultants have in passing certifications and prioritize our value of Integrity throughout the process. If you have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our People Services team at peopleservices@collaborativesolutions.com.

4. "Awesome culture"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Reston, VA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits, mentorship, and vision from leadership

Cons

None to note, keep doing everything your doing

May 11, 2021Marketing and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels connected to executive management, bonded with coworkers, and fulfilled culturally, so we really appreciate you sharing your experience.

5. "Good"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Albany, NY

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

No cons about this company

6. "My review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, travel isn’t bad only about 20% when traveling

Cons

Hard to get needed experience depending on client

7. "Interview process was not transparent"

2.0

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind people and laid back interviews.

Cons

Made me go through hoops when they weren't really hiring. Not transparent about timeline and kept pushing things back. I know it is a uncertain time right now but communication and honesty are key.

"Take Precaution"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people Great things happening Great offices

Cons

I was disappointed in how my departure was handled by the area I was in and HR. Tireless hours I put in and they would not work with me on the certification aspect. I was within a very very short amount of time, a week or two. Where most companies would have been more gracious, the certification time of 2 years was already extensive and they charged you for hotels, food, all had to be paid back, and they will send you to collections. Also unfortunate since I’ve never experienced that type of treatment in my life. It’s thousands and thousands of dollars so just be careful. If you can go with another company with less time on the hook, do that. I’ve gone back and forth for years on writing this review but what they did just wasn’t the right thing to do. (In my opinion)

March 29, 2021

We are sorry to hear your thoughts on your Collaborative experience and that it did not match the fantastic experience that so many Collabies have. In our interview process, in the employment contract, and throughout onboarding, we are transparent with our policy on training costs. If you still have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our People Services team at peopleservices@collaborativesolutions.com. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

"Overall good"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people Most team members are willing to help anyone that needs it Ability to implement projects using fluid project structure while adhering to WD methodology. They realize and know it's not 'one size fits all' customers and can and will adapt to fit the needs of the customer and project teams.

Cons

Project communication doesn't filter down to the teams timely. Portfolio doesn't take into consideration the impact of major project decisions to the front-line consultants or solicit feedback when they have a better view. Customers are allowed to miss deadlines over and over and in turn puts the pressure and stress on the project team to 'make it happen'. Often times with little notice and expected weekend and late night work to meet deadlines rather than pushing dates and allowing consultants to have the proper time to do the work in appropriate time lines. Have talked too many people into being people managers that never really wanted to be and offering very little coaching and training.

January 26, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Collaborative as a former Collabie. We agree that our people are fantastic and always willing to help one another, and we are sorry to hear that you felt there were gaps in communication since we are always working to increase our effectiveness in project collaboration. We strive to create a positive and engaging workplace for all, so we appreciate the feedback you've offered.

"Be careful with this company and some of their leadership"

1.0
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Its a great start up with talented consultants

Cons

Leadership does not support or back you up. They would rather replace you than support you. Some of the leadership only cares for bottoms up and not the people.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 231 Reviews