Collaborative Solutions Reviews

Found 253 of over 254 reviews

4.0
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross
Pros
  • "Very supportive coworkers and work life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance can become skewed(in 14 reviews)

• "Steep growth curves make for growing pains, but Collaborative really makes an effort to address issues once they're aware of them(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok ok

May 6, 2021 - Sal Technical Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work enviornment. Salary was ok ok.

Cons

Some of the areas need improvement

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Sep 19, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Actually cares about its employees

Cons

None that I have seen so far

Administrator

Thank you for this review! As a current employee, we are happy to see you feel Collaborative is a great place to work. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

3. The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

5.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Collaborative Solutions~492711
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company

Sep 15, 2021 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Management that hears you and your concerns if any

Cons

Talent evaluation is something they are lacking

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to review Collaborative Solutions! We appreciate you sharing the great things about our company, like unlimited PTO and consistent manager support. We would like to learn more about the con you mentioned and encourage you to address talent evaluation with your manager, or People Services, if that is more comfortable for you. Thank you for your feedback and for the opportunity to turn this around.

5. 4.0

Good Place to Work

Sep 12, 2021 - Workday HCM Associate Consultant in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Good Company Culture

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as other companies

6. 3.0

Going through changes

Sep 14, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good reputation in the ecosystem

Cons

Lots of growing pains since Cognizant acquisition leading to high turnover

Administrator

Thank you for this review. We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels connected and balanced both professionally and personally. We strongly encourage you to have open and honest conversations with your manager or People Services about the con you mentioned, as it is only with this feedback that we can continue to grow and improve. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

7. 5.0

Exciting

Aug 28, 2021 - Learning And Development Specialist in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule, awesome team, competitive offer

Cons

no cons at the moment

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not Great, Not Terrible

Sep 6, 2021 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

HCM Practice Experience Only: - You can find a group of great people - Workday ecosystem work is predictable which is nice - Workday is a great product to have as experience that can transfer to many other things - WFH before the pandy - WLB is better than other places - Strong HCM practice methodology - Cognizant acquisition didn’t change much for the consultants

Cons

- Pay leaves a lot desired - Medical premiums are A lot for for anything other than employee only - WFH is used as a counter to low wages - Heard from many people that masters degrees are not valued - Grand Canyon size Disconnect between what sales estimates vs what you need to do the bare minimum - You may be on 4 projects and not reach your quarterly bonus targets which is caused by said sales misstep - Disconnect between Project Management and functional - Cognizant acquisition seems to not have been as impactful to projects and employee benefits as it was touted

2 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We are disappointed to hear this feedback from a long-time Collabie and we're sorry your experience was so different than most employees here at Collaborative. We appreciate you sharing the great things about our company, like the opportunity to work from home, work-life balance, and most importantly, good people. We value your feedback on workload, internal processes, and benefits as we are always looking to improve. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. 3.0

Growth and Change Challenges

Sep 9, 2021 - Portfolio Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

CS has the potential to be great if it can get out of it's own way.

Cons

CS struggles to get out of it's own way.

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to review Collaborative Solutions. It saddens us to receive this review from a current Collabie and we’d like to encourage you to share specific feedback with your manager or People Services, so we can learn more and turn your experience around.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't expect to grow based on skill-set

Aug 31, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

High company morale (at least it seems like it)

Cons

Pay is much less than market average. Dont expect your skills to translate to growth within the company. They have an arbitrary timeline that drives your salary and promotions. Even if you perform well above your peers, you will be making the same money but with more responsibilities. Your experience with projects will be completely driven by who is leading that project. Some leads will micromanage every single thing you do while other will be completely hands off. They need better structure or at least some kind of guidelines to keep the leads on the same page.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing and Social Media Specialist

We are sorry to hear this feedback from a current Collabie and would like the opportunity to improve your experience at Collaborative Solutions. We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels supported with their career development, connected to management, and have a balanced workload. We value your feedback on our internal processes, and we hope you share this information with your manager or People Services so we can turn your experience around. Thank you for providing your feedback.

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

"Hey Google, play 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton John"

Sep 15, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are great at what they and do and always willing to help Professional development WFH

Cons

I’m generally not one to complain or dwell on issues, but this company really needs to treat its people better. During my tenure, I saw a lot of negative changes, especially since the acquisition and things became more corporate and regulated. Sure, the benefit packages are nice, and the “unlimited PTO” is alluring, but when your day to day is nothing but a Groundhog Day-style hell, they don’t carry a lot of weight. 1. Unlimited PTO. Unlimited PTO is scam, not just at this company, but at any tech company you will work for as it puts the decision on the amount of time to take off on the worker and not on a legal agreement. And here, it is especially hard to use given the approval chain involved. You must inform at least 2 people per project of your plans a month in advance and get their written approval before you even ask your manager. I understand this is in place to make sure projects don’t stagnate, but it can be quite a challenge a. finding a time that works for each project you’re on (usually 2-3 at a time) and b. preparing to ask X amount of people if you can even take a day off. I found it extremely hard to find PTO time and thus, became burnt out quite quickly. And that’s not factoring in the pandemic as an additional challenge or how taking PTO impacts your bonus. I think management rubbed this in even further by introducing mental health days…that you had to notify your teams about two weeks in advance. 2. Workload. The workload, like at most consultancies, fluctuates depending on the time of year. Sometimes, I’d be swamped working late into the early AM trying to complete deliverables and other times I’d be twiddling my thumbs trying to be as productive as possible. This ties into the bonus structure being unattainable unless you are fully staffed, which was a rarity for me. 3. Culture. To be honest, it felt very cult-like and fake and the communication from leadership could be improved. The culture was preached, not practiced, especially by lower management. Communication from management is usually delayed and you hear more through the grape vine. 4. Work-Life Balance. I never found it here and no one in management demonstrates this being important. At times, it felt like if you only worked 40 hours and your billables were low, you were looked down upon. Some people in management willingly work 50+ hour weeks, so it shows to the people working below them that is the norm and expected of you. I certainly felt pressured to work longer hours, especially working from home given there’s no clear, physical divide like there is with an office job. 5. Feedback. This might seem silly, but not receiving feedback was challenging. Under my first manager, this was a big issue for me. I was told on one of the first days working that I would never meet their expectations for our group. And through out my tenure, I only received feedback a handful of times. When you aren’t encouraged to do your job or at least have touchpoints on how you’re doing, it becomes challenging to perform at all, let alone well. Part of the culture is providing feedback to teammates weekly, but this rarely happened on the technical team. 6. Management. I didn’t feel supported by management to be successful and sometimes felt like my career progress was put on the back burner. Overall, this company has some serious growing and acquisition pains. When I was hired, I was sold on a company that “cared” about me. I have had to learn the hard way that companies don’t care about the people they hire, but the money those people can make them. When I left, I felt so relieved to escape. This place used to be better at pretending like they cared about their employees, now they don’t hide it.

4 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We are saddened by this outlook from a former Collabie as we strive to create a positive workplace for all employees. We are sorry that in your time at Collaborative you did not get a full grasp for the vision and direction of the company, our commitment to fostering work-life balance, our efforts to promote from within, and Collaborative’s initiatives to encourage feedback from both managers and their employees. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 253 Reviews