Collaborative Solutions Employee Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Updated 5 Aug 2020

Found 28 of over 237 reviews

4.0
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross
Pros
  • "Very supportive coworkers and work life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance can become skewed(in 14 reviews)

• "Steep growth curves make for growing pains, but Collaborative really makes an effort to address issues once they're aware of them(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work For and Grow Your Career

20 Jun 2019 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO (make sure you request it far enough in advance), competitive pay, generous bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid training and certifications, work from home, travel, flexible for the most part. As a consultant you have to manage your time well and know when to say no to work that you cannot handle. CS is very responsive and seems to genuinely care more about having you as an employee than overbooking you with work. Everyone I’ve met so far has been incredibly helpful and kind. My manager asks me about my career goals and actively tries to help me get there. I’m learning a lot and can feel a little overwhelmed at times, but Collaborative is such a supportive environment. I honestly didn’t know I could be so happy in a career that pays so well!

Cons

No cons about CS, but you need to be organized and manage your time well. The work/life balance is great if you can do those two things.

20 people found this review helpful

Director, People Services

Thank you for this review! It is true that the leaders of Collaborative truly do care that you feel supported, well balanced, and encouraged to reach your career goals. We are pleased to hear you are so happy as a Collabie and appreciate you taking the time to share it!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fine - an okay place to start with or pass through

5 Aug 2020 - Principal Integrations Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're new to Workday this is the place for you - they'll get you trained and billable as soon as possible. If you're playing the consulting game and have a WD cert, this place will pay you for it regardless of previous performance.

Cons

Making market value is a challenge if you aren't moving around in consulting in general. You aren't going to be rewarded for loyalty even if their CULTURE is amazing. If you're someone like me who wants to stay somewhere for a while, you will find yourself with more experience and a lesser title (but with all the responsibility and work) than your subordinates who are making more money than you. Finagling a raise that is meaningful is not easy once you break out of the underpaid bracket to reasonably paid. This company definitely suffers from the sexist mindset that women have to prove it, men need a recommendation.* They will advertise Unlimited PTO heavily as a perk but be mindful, this just means you're going to have to plea for time off, explain yourself, and receive push back when you request any. It's not impossible to get time off but it isn't anything to write home about. *I was made a lead in training on a project after 5 years at the company, joining in college and working my way up. I had an extremely talented subordinate on my team with a year in the workforce/Collaborative Solutions. I ensured the integrations went live, the customer was happy, and overall it was a successful project. I was made a lead on my next project. The subordinate was also made a lead on his next project.

5 people found this review helpful

Collaborative Solutions Response

We are sorry to learn about your experience, as we truly care about each of our employees and aim to offer a great place to work. We appreciate the detailed feedback you left in your review, but are saddened that you did not have the same positive Collabie experience as most of our employees. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Been here for a while and finally reviewing (Fantastic Company!)

15 Jul 2019 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

(Not sure how formatting works) // Freedom to branch out and make your career whatever it is you wish. Collaborative sill support you with any new area you want to learn, new certifications, cross functional training, and personal goals. With proper planning and workload alignment, the sky is the limit for what Collaborative can offer you. // Industry experience unmatched by any other partner firm. Collaborative has more Lead Level individuals (folks that have lead projects from planning to post go live) than any other partner firm. These are the folks that help mentor young consultants and pitch in to share their collective knowledge on other projects. The numbers speak for themselves when you see the amount of product leads employed by Collaborative compared to anyone else. The best part is nobody at Collaborative hoards information, I know it sounds cheesy, but the thought leaders of the organization are some of the most Collaborative individuals. I've always felt supported here and it doesn't hurt to be exposed to some of the brightest minds in the ecosystem. // Overwhelming support and cohesive atmosphere when it comes to personal endeavors and family situations. Time and time again I've seen this company rally around employees when they've encountered sudden emergencies. Whether it be medical, personal, or professional this company will work with you to make sure you are supported throughout - I've never seen an executive team so open and accepting of creative ideas to help folks through tough times. We truly are a big family here. // An executive team who is actively listening to the shifts in the Workday Ecosystem. It is not common for upper management to review the entire gamut of the business, from project methodology to mass compensation reviews. Collaborative always strives to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to the employee experience. They may not get it right every time, but errors are always rectified when brought to the attention of leadership. // Unlimited PTO! When properly planning and requesting I have never once seen or heard of anyone getting their PTO denied. // Best bonus in the ecosystem as far as I'm concerned, with supporting tools available to everyone to aid in transparency and calculation.

Cons

I think Collaborative should listen more to the concerns and suggestions of consultants who have actively "grown up" in the Workday ecosystem. I believe their ideas are more innovative and "fresh" compared to some entrenched folks in Mid/Upper Management who have come over from legacy systems (SAP/Oracle/PeopleSoft/etc.). These entrenched folks have never implemented Workday, so some of their decisions and thought processes are severely out of date. As in, they don't understand the software which they're making decisions for - which is unacceptable for a software that evolves as much as Workday. Although this is a Con, I believe with recent hires and internal initiatives we are starting to address the errors in some of this thinking.

1 person found this review helpful

Director, People Services

This is such a thoughtful review, and your insight as a seasoned Collabie is greatly appreciated. We value your perspective and will definitely take this feedback into consideration. You said it best, we do always strive to stay ahead of the curve in regard to the employee experience, so this is extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time!

4. 5.0

One Person's Perspective - An Unbiased Review of a Great Company

15 Oct 2018 - Financial Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture truly is there, if you try. You can't expect to experience the Collaborative culture unless you're willing to participate. Collaborative has made many efforts to ensure that even remote employees are included in various culture events and meetings. While the path for advancement may not be clearly defined, if you're willing to put in the work, you will find your reward. I think people may forget that Collaborative is a consulting firm and things can get hectic. Work can pick up and you can be expected to work long hours. BUT you came to work for a consulting firm, what did you expect? Don’t back down from a challenge and be willing to show initiative and it won’t go unnoticed. 99% of the company is always willing to help you with any issue. Collaborative gives you as much as they can to succeed but you can't be afraid to reach out to folks with questions. Having the initiative to seek out an answer to a question can really set you apart from others. Be it Workday knowledge or general business knowledge, the Collaborative consultants are extremely qualified and continue to impress clients. They are also a lot of fun! While you may not always cross paths with the HCM, Financials, or Integrations team, you’ll regret not getting to know those people because, most of them, are an absolute blast to be around. Overall, the management team, in my experience, has been great. Without hesitation, you could easily walk into any executive’s office and bring up any workplace issue or just talk about your weekend.

Cons

For my first project, I felt as if I was thrown to the fire. While there were multiple folks who helped me out, I think Collaborative should have their onboarding/training folks reach out to new consultants to ensure that they are not overwhelmed. The path for advancement at Collaborative is not clearly defined. Within an ecosystem that can consider someone with 2 years of experience as an “experienced hire”, I think defining advancement would only benefit Collaborative and retain those stronger consultants. Unfortunately, the unlimited PTO is a blessing and a curse. I feel as if it is almost reverse psychology. While you would love to take a long vacation, you know that your work will pile up, and or, you’re too busy to take off. That said, I have averaged two weeks of PTO since I’ve been employed.

3 people found this review helpful

Director, People Services

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. We are happy to hear from a Collabie of 3+ years and appreciate you sharing so much regarding your experience. Culture, true camaraderie of our employees, and superior expertise in our field are all extremely important at Collaborative, so thank you for highlighting these assets of the company. We also value your constructive feedback and encourage you to share it with your manager or People Services, as we are always striving to improve and become better.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Talented people, fun/easy-going culture; a great work environment.

3 Dec 2012 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative’s company culture is second to none. Having worked for people and in environments where I have not felt valued or recognized for my hard work and dedication- Collaborative is a breath of fresh air. From my first day until now (nearly a year), I have felt beyond appreciated and respected by employees from all levels of the team. Everyone is friendly, approachable and willing to assist in any capacity that they can (even when unrelated to their position or project!). I feel comfortable working with and joking with my peers as well as management because we hold each other in high regard and we recognize that everyone is integral in creating the outstanding culture that we have. In addition to the people and work environment, other aspects that attracted me to Collaborative: - Growth opportunity - Work from home positions - Annual reviews - Work/life balance - Unlimited PTO - A wide range of benefit options - Local company events - Exposure to Workday (of course!)

Cons

No real cons at this time. I am confident that management will act on and do what is needed to maintain the company's culture and benefits as we continue to grow.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Collaboration is the key to success

16 Oct 2013 - Principal Consultant in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Collaborative is truly a team oriented environment. One of the reviews described the company as 'cut-throat' when my experience could not be further from it. The success of implementations and day to day activities relies heavily on teamwork. As is often the case, the success of the team dictates the success of individuals involved. - While it depends on the client, there is flexibility around travel amounts. As someone who typically does not want to travel, I am associated with low travel projects allowing me to work from home and maintain the work-family relationship. - Plenty of educational opportunities after starting. The organization wants you to continue developing and refining skills. - 'Collaborative University' provides a great outlet for employees to not only further their knowledge, but also share knowledge to others and better the Collaborative Ecosystem. - Through there is substantial growth, the personal attention we experience on a day to day basis really lets you know the Company cares about employees. This is seen by both senior level management as well as individual contributors. - The employee perks are also generous compared to other companies I've worked for. This includes unlimited PTO, company sponsored events, and their overall charitable nature. The company cares both about the employee and events in the employee's life outside of work.

Cons

- I have had no cons over the previous three years at the company. I hope to continue and grow my career with Collaborative for many years.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best partner in the ecosystem

5 Dec 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Top Workday talent in the ecosystem. -The CEO genuinely cares about the employees. -Everyone has a voice (if you speak up). -Unlimited PTO is great. With proper planning, desired PTO is never a problem. Employees are encouraged to use it. -Culture is important. It has evolved over the years as the company has grown, but leadership is committed to maintaining the culture. As with anything, you get out of it what you put into it. Bottom line is that Collaborative Solutions is a great company. It isn't perfect, but no workplace is perfect. It's the best place I've worked. If you see something broken, you can be heard. All of leadership has an open-door policy.

Cons

-Perception that the only way to get paid fairly is to leave, or at least threaten to leave.

8 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Collaborative Solutions is a phenomenal company that truly cares about their employees!

27 Aug 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As cliché as it may sound, the best part about working for Collaborative is the culture. The leadership team is comprised of the most approachable executives I have ever worked for. Employees are encouraged to hone their skills through internal training workshops and Workday certification courses. Collaborative also offers unlimited PTO which they strongly encourage employees to take advantage of. The benefit options are also very generous with the Company paying 100% of the premiums for employee only coverage for medical, dental and vision.

Cons

Collaborative is quickly growing which means there may be a few growing pains here and there which is to be expected of a smaller company.

6 people found this review helpful

Marketing Mngr.

Collaborative is proud of the unique company culture we've created and we will ensure that as the company grows, we welcome people who share our values--people who take advange of Collaborative University, share innovative ideas, are always willing to help a fellow Collabie, and of course, know how to live a little! Thank YOU for your feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Workday Partner to work for when it comes to Work Life Balance and Benefits

16 Dec 2015 - Principal Consultant in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative has been nothing but great. The people are helpful, welcoming, and friendly. Upper management keeps constant communication with all employees. The ability to work remotely gives Collabies a great Work Life balance and the unlimited PTO & benefits are what makes collaborative really stick out among all other Workday partners.

Cons

There could be more company wide events and opportunities for remote colleagues to be able to meet the rest of the company. There should be an annual conference where the whole company meets up to do team building activities and provide training to one another.

10. 5.0

Internal staff perspective: 4 years, career growth, company culture

13 Sep 2017 - Manager, Marketing Communications in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm the Manager of Marketing Communications at Collaborative . After 4 years at Collaborative, I have lots of experience working with folks from all areas of the company and I'm consistently impressed with their intelligence, willingness to help, and sense of humor. Some of my top pros are: -Benefits for women (improved maternity leave policy, Milk Stork program, support for nursing women) -Family friendly -Lots of room for career growth -Relaxed office environment -Flexibility -Smart, helpful colleagues -Unlimited PTO

Cons

-Career path is not defined as clearly in the support roles vs consulting roles, though there is still a lot of room to grow -Benefits cost for family medical coverage is fairly high

6 people found this review helpful

People Services Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your 4 years at Collaborative. Your feedback is very important to us. Your constructive feedback and advice to leadership will be taken to heart, please continue to share it with us as you see areas where we can do things better. Thank you again, we are thrilled you are part of the team Collabie. It's people like YOU who make Collaborative a great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews