Cover image for Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID)
Logo

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID)

Engaged Employer

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID)

Add a Review

Found 172 of over 178 reviews

3.3
Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) President and CEO Clint E. Stein
Clint E. Stein
Pros
  • "They have decent benefits at Columbia Bank(in 10 reviews)

• "Work life balance and friendly environment(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay, terribly low amount of pto days, and very uncompetitive benefits that they advertise as competitive such as 40lk dental/medical(in 7 reviews)

• "Mean People: Some of the meanest people I've ever met, I encountered in the halls of Columbia Bank(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great for experience at different branches

15 Nov 2022 - Float Teller in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility, easy scheduling, great work atmosphere

Cons

different locations depending on shifts offered

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Review

15 Sep 2022 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong work-life balance and great company culture.

Cons

Technology systems can be improved

3. Join the Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Something has to change

28 Sep 2022 - Client Care in Eugene, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively fast growth within department. Benefits are OK at best.

Cons

Pay is less than market, especially considering the stressful nature of the job. Consistently understaffed for how busy the department was. Morale was up and down but usually pretty bad. There wasn’t a lot of back office opportunity here. Most of Columbia’s back office departments are based out of Washington, including half of our department, so we’d frequently see our coworkers in Washington getting new positions in other departments but in Eugene you’re really just stuck there. There is a complete disconnect between the senior management of the bank and the employees who actually do the work. There are managers who have no actual technical experience with the work that we do and only have their positions because they have previous management experience. Human Resources and upper management do nothing about unethical behavior of managers. They’re so desperate for employees they’ve recently offered $2000 referral incentives to their existing employees. Not even just on my former department - I know of another department where 90% of their employees left in a span of 2 weeks!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

8 Sep 2022 - Personal Banker in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very understanding and supportive and a family feel

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good People

25 Aug 2022 - Branch Manager III
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was lucky enough to find an incredible mentor at Columbia bank. I was also surrounded by a team of fearless employees that worked well together well and embraced our branch based culture of development and team work.

Cons

During COVID, staffing was an issue and training was stripped down to a minimum. This is a paper heavy environment that stretches the capacity of ABM's.

7. 2.0

just ok

8 Sep 2022 - Teller
      Business Outlook

Pros

not the best, not the worst

Cons

just a job, no more, no less

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall Good

23 Aug 2022 - Operations Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, stable, culture, community, clients

Cons

Growth, salary, mergers, rigid, diversity

9. 5.0

Great Company

15 Aug 2022 - Learning and Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Management Coworkers Culture Leadership

Cons

Slow to update systems, but that's normal in the financial world.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No Training Schedule Here

25 Aug 2022 - Small Business Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job that pays the bills.

Cons

No program, position or process training

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Abusive Assistant Branch Manager

13 Sep 2022 - Personal Banker in Nampa, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits (read cons) My branch manager/ Co workers Almost everyone at the company is great to work with including upper management ( all very genuinely good people)

Cons

Overall I loved my branch however I ended up quitting due to our ABM being very covertly abusive and I was pregnant so I couldnt stay any longer for health reasons. Then the company that I thought had great benefits and integrity then asked me to repay vacation time that I had used because it technically wasn't accurred yet within the year, funny thing about that was I was forced to take it because of their strict covid policies. I got covid in the beginning of the year and instead of unpaid they used my vacation time. Columbia doesn't give you an unpaid option if you have vacation time. So I technically had the vacation but because I quit I was required to "reimburse them" for this benefit. Pretty tacky if you ask me especially since I was forced to quit over severe harassment not because I wanted to. Zero empathy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Reviews
    </>Embed

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Reviews FAQs

Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID). This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

58% of Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Columbia Bank (WA, OR & ID) Job Seekers