Comfort Click Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 34 of over 56 reviews

4.4
Comfort Click Director Minesh R Pattni (no image)
Minesh R Pattni
Pros
  • "Best place to explore all digital marketing channels(in 7 reviews)

• "Comfort Click is a great place to work, with a friendly environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is based in Croydon but it is easy to commute(in 5 reviews)

• "In my opinion there's no cons of working in Comfort Click(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Healthy Working Atmosphere

Jun 14, 2022 - Product Content Writer in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning Great atmosphere Kind, helpful people Scaling up aggressively, so great opportunities for growth as well Truly performance-based hikes and promotions

Cons

Well managed, and issues are rectified upon mentioning. No significant cons as such

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work and life balance!

Jun 13, 2022 - E-Commerce Specialist in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

good and cooperative environment, best policies and full of learning opportunities.

Cons

There aren’t any so far

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Mixed feelings I can say

May 4, 2022 - Marketplace
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working culture is good, good manager

Cons

Hike is not great, politics and favoritism is very much there

4. 4.0

SEO Specialist: Good Opportunity

Nov 30, 2021 - SEO Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Different Language Projects to do

Cons

1. No proper system for implementation

5. 5.0

Great company

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, good opportunity for moving forward

Cons

As such no big time drawbacks with company

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Mar 12, 2021 - Manager/In in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was happy about the time there

Cons

Many people come and go fast

Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion. We accept that we need to try and improve staff retention - however, as most of the people that we employ are not native or are 1st/2nd jobbers, we do lose more than a typical UK based company. Add to this that up until recently we had a lot of international interns, it doesn't help the stats! However, we are quite proud of the fact that we generally keep our best for quite a long period of time!

7. 1.0

Mentally unhealthy workplace

Apr 22, 2020 - Digital Marketing Executive in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is full of international people, which is very nice. Furthermore, the company is doing a lot of team outings. It was more often than not that we would go for drinks on Friday's or even start with a shot in the office.

Cons

I am only going to agree with the previous reviews. This company is not doing a lot of thing right. There's basically no trust in you as a person. When I started I didn't have much experience in digital marketing previously I asked if there would be any training - I was informed that there would be ongoing training. Unfortunately I received very little training while working there. I was told to spend time on YouTube learning if I had some time during my evenings or weekends. Another thing I found strange was the salary. Most of my colleagues were doing the exact same job as I was. After a couple of months I found out that my salary was very low compared to the colleague sitting next to me. It kind of made me feel underappreciated as I felt that I was doing a lot of work compared to some people in the company. I understand that you appreciate your staff through bonuses(when hitting the unreachable targets), but how will you ever make the staff work harder when you don't even get a handshake or a thank you once in a while? What eventually led me to look for another job was the turnover of staff. It seemed to be the rule to get rid of people by asking them to enter a meeting just before finishing work and ask them not to come back the following day. The work environment was kind of toxic sometimes. My direct manager would sometimes tell stories about the stupidity of former staff or even current colleagues working in the company. (I can only imagine what is being told about me now) Also please stop pushing people to attend office events when they already informed you that they won't be able to. A no means no.

7 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time for leaving a review. It is always good to get an opinion. In respect to the comments made, I can say that we do pay people different amounts based upon their experience and ability. You were hired as a trainee with no prior experience and whilst we provide you with on the job training, we also expect you to take initiative to learn more yourself in order to progress. Your colleagues are earning more based on delivery. We gave you ample opportunity to let us know of any problems and instead you told us everything was ok! In response to why people leave is not always due to money - but that we want people who want to learn and earn and contribute to all of our activities and you never bothered. We wish you every success with your new employer.

8. 2.0

Not very professional

Apr 15, 2020 - Digital Marketing Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A sociable workplace with people of different nationalities. You can learn about many areas of digital marketing. But get in and get out again quickly.

Cons

Lack of trust. Long hours and a heavy, repetitive workload. You are asked to write fabricated reviews. Managers seem to focus more on quantity than quality. Many meetings without much structure or time keeping. And yet, the managers track your every move, they expect you to stay longer (although they cannot ask you to directly) and you are reprimanded if you are just a minute late. It was like being back in school.

8 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

Firstly, thank you for the feedback on your own experience with our company. We have deduced who we believe has written this review and are able to apply perspective. The individual came into the role with no prior experience whatsoever and despite never really taking interest from the outset, we really encouraged him to try to develop himself. To the contrary, he was given a free reign on how he did his work until we found mindless errors that would affect the quality and hence had tried to be more attentive. By the end he came to us to say that this 'type' of job wasn't right for him from the beginning and that he now has another job in another field. We were still open to him getting better but in the end respected his decision. We have certain rules within the company over timekeeping and we are not overly strict about them but there again you will find certain people like this take advantage and so we remind them. It was sad for us to have read what he really felt about us but more disappointed that he had numerous chances to tell us what he wasn't happy with and never did - in fact he would just talk to other staff to get them to join his bandwagon.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best environment to work in

Nov 27, 2019 - Digital Marketing Executive in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You are given a lot of different tasks and responsibilities which allows you to expand your knowledge in many different fields - Good payout for commissions (IF you hit your targets)

Cons

- Everyone gets paid different amounts... Which would be okay if you have people in different positions and people with different amount of experience. But during my time in the office, people in the same positions as me (which requires pretty much the same amount of knowledge) were paid anything between 18-27K. Very different salaries for the exact same job... So this isn't the place for you if you aren't good at salary negotiations. There is large number of interns that work 40h/week pretty much for free while some (according to the director) soon can expect to be paid 6 figure salaries. On the same note - a lot of the work is getting outsourced to the company's second office in India with the motivation "they are cheaper" which in my opinion says a lot about how the company isn't driven by talent but "cheap" workforce. - The turnover in this company is crazy!! Don't expect any long term strategies to work out here, because 80% of the staff is gonna be gone next year. A lot of effort is put into various projects, to only fall apart when the person in charge leaves. - During my time in the office it was really hard to hit your targets = no commission. And there are no real employment benefits... (office parties are NOT a benefit) - The atmosphere in the office is really toxic at times. On multiple occasions I experienced members of management talk badly about both previous and current (!!) employees in attempts to motivate (?) you and get you to perform better than them. I also, on multiple occasions, experienced senior management sending out threatening (!!) warnings to the entire staff regarding certain employees misbehavior. Things that should be taken up with the person in question in private in my opinion. Another very uncomfortable thing in my opinion was their way to fire people. I understand that sometimes you have to let someone go, but it seems to be a tradition in this company to call the person in question in for a meeting 15 min before the day ends and tell them to not come back anymore. To "avoid" drama. So yeah, this pretty much sums up why I decided to leave.

4 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

We really thank you for taking the time to make a detailed review. I am happy to deal with each point raised: 1) Salaries - these are dependant upon experience and the market in question. Usually, the higher the base, the lower the commission scales but the vast majority of people have earned an excellent above market earning for a year. In respect to your comment about it not being a good place if you are not good with negotiations - not entirely true as we put it to the individual to assess what the function can do and then pay you a lot of money should you achieve it. We also ask you what you are looking for and we will assess what we think you are worth - which is no different to most things in life and then if we BOTH agree, then we do it ! 2) Outsourcing to India - very similar to most globally operating businesses, we will look to outsource to wherever it is economic to do so. Market forces determine this reasoning. We have never simply believed in doing anything 'cheaply' as you put it unless of course there is a value back from it or its a false economy. Our workforce in India have been operating since 2004-5 and we don't see it as outsourcing as we own that business anyway. Rather we find really talented people out there on the whole and so why wouldn't anyone do it? 3) Not Hitting Targets - the targets are usually formed between what you would think you can do and what we think and then its agreed and you go for it. Along the way, if you are not hitting it then we try our hardest to help you achieve them as if you are not, then we are not doing what we need from there either. If you have gone a whole year without achieving your target - there is something wrong there and it's just a surprise that you wouldn't have been helped in the whole time. Many people if not all that have targets are achieving them regularly. We agree that office parties are not considered a 'benefit', we have never implied this. In fact we have over 27 different benefits for our people and it is funny that you have not mentioned any of them! 4) Toxic Environment - We actually agree that at times, the passion does run high within the business and this can lend to toxicity, however we are very transparent and tell you what we think directly rather than to just keep quiet and hope that you fail. Every manager as with every employee will make mistakes from time to time, but we are not afraid to say what we think and so it is not for everybody - however, you try to find a more supportive environment for people that actually want to make a difference and you won't find it anywhere else. 5) Firing People - this is a tricky area to address and not for any other reason except that there is no best way to do it. We have a protocol which is to try everything possible to try and allow that person the chance to succeed either by training or support or target reviews. Only after full exhaustion will we make a decision to part company. The reason why we tend to do it at the end of the day is because experience has taught us that if you do it at the beginning or middle, it is even more embarrassing for the individual. We are not oblivious to the fact that people will continue to talk to others after, but end of days are best - but again, one has to ask why did it come to that in the first place? 6) Fear of Coming Forward - well this is an issue at times and you can never be 100% of what employees really want simply because they won't tell you and it doesn't matter how much you ask and try to help. We have a very open dialogue between management and staff and in fact we have made changes to the way we hire and manage people every single year after listening to our staff. We are a very transparent, open employer. However, we are very fussy over people matching our values. Clearly it didn't work out for you and for that we are sorry - we hope that now you are in a place that fits you better. By all means you will always be welcome to discuss any of the points with us and we will always be there ready to help.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's best place to work, learn, grow and celebrate success together

Oct 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited growth opportunities - Freedom to explore your ideas - Lot of investment towards employee learning - Lovely clean, big offices - Chance to get involved in creation of products, packaging - Best place to explore all digital marketing channels - Diverse office culture - Opportunity to directly work with owners of the company - Performance related fat pay

Cons

- Sometimes it can be overwhelming as its multichannel environment

Managing Director

Really grateful for this review. It will help us to build on the very things that you have pointed out. Complacency has no place in our organisation.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews

Comfort Click Reviews FAQs

Comfort Click has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Comfort Click to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Comfort Click employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Comfort Click. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

83% of Comfort Click employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Comfort Click 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Comfort Click Job Seekers