Con-way Freight Freight Classification Specialist Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2015

Found 5 of over 484 reviews

3.5
Con-way Freight Chief Executive Officer  Bradley S. Jacobs (no image)
Bradley S. Jacobs
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Happy for now

Sep 18, 2015 - Freight Classification Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good, family atmosphere, 3 weeks of PTO your first year, they feed us food quite often.

Cons

Slack employees are not fired or written up,

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Beware Once You Accept

Aug 7, 2015 - W & I Freight Classification Specialist in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well for most positions.

Cons

From the moment you are hired, HR keeps an open file on you and anyone, drivers, office staff, supervisors from any department can anonymously call and report you on fabricated accusations and it all goes in your file. Even if you leave in good standing, they smear your name. Also, drivers are expected to drive to destination and then begin loading and unloading other trailers FOR HOURS and then be expected to drive all the way. Breaks are rarely given. All weather conditions.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

OK

Nov 2, 2014 - Freight Classification Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, excellent training.

Cons

Unprofessional management, lots of favoritism, very corporate feel, employees are not seen as people, we are all just a number and are easily replaced no matter how hard we've worked for no matter how many years. Cannot trust management, and when push comes to shove no one has your back. Its every man for himself at this company.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Con-way

Aug 31, 2012 - Freight Classification Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security is there, and the wages are at the higher end of most trucking companies. The benefits are very nice too.

Cons

Typical with any company there is supervision that does not adress problems that need taking care of. Computer systems are also very slow, and you always have to call india when something needs fixed.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

I CAN'T SAY IT EMPHATICALLY ENOUGH, BUT I LOVE MY JOB!

Jul 24, 2011 - Freight Classification Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Con-Way Freight is a non-union company that takes very VERY good care of their employees. I feel as if my pay is competitive and the recognition I recieve from my superiors is always positive! Con-Way is committed to success and I am proud to be part of their equation.

Cons

Benefits! While the benefits are adequate for my family, the premiums have gotten to be very costly due to the ignoramous in the White House! Thank you Mr. Obama for doing your part in making companies struggle for survival! I love my company and need the government to BACK OFF!

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews