Convergent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1
Convergent CEO Tracey Carpentier
Tracey Carpentier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I got to work from home so I saved money on gas not having to commute (in 16 reviews)

• 90% of the services are in house making a great place to learn new things (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • pay scale, other than that, love my job (in 10 reviews)

• Everyone tells us we are the best call center/collection company in the area (in 8 reviews)

1. "Collector"

I have been working at Convergent full-time

Pros

Great money good people great hours

Cons

There is none at this moment I really l like working there

None

7 May 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your 5 star review! We love hearing from our current employees. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. I will share your review with our leadership team... More

2. "The pressure to meet all their quotas and guidelines is unbearable."

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They limited the Saturday shift down to 1 or known per month.

Cons

I have over 10+ years of experience in the collection industry. I blame the Corporate -Executives decisions for this place having the 'worst management practices ever'.

All employees are required to have constant weekly side by side review with supervisor with your signature of what they reviewed with you. Resulting in making the employees feel awful and worried about their job. The average pay is around $10,00 an hour plus commission. 20% of the collectors make a decent living over 35k-40k a year. The other 80% make pennies.

They want high levels of customer service which requires time on the phone with customers listening to their needs, but you get written up when you don't pass their call quota, talk-time quota and collections of money quota. The pressure to meet all their quotas and guidelines is unbearable.

Ive seen supervisors make friends with their subordinates, than turn around an collaborate as witness and gang up on other subordinates.
    At the Houston, Texas location, at least 50% of their Supervisors moral compass is lacking to the extreme.

3. "Okay for short period of time, job for those who need a job right away"

Current Employee - Moves Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Moves Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Convergent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- pretty much always got the time off that was requested
    - bonus pay
    - overtime work a lot

Cons

- everything was based off everyone's performance. Even if I was doing well, but someone else who usually didnt do well, got one good score, I got paid less.
    - there's a LOT of favoritism. If the sups liked you, you got off. If not, they would talk about you.
    - There was the definite feeling of not being appreciated. It's a lot of work on busy days and then they would make us work through lunch by giving us nasty pizza or food that would make you feel sick.
    - The management cared for management. At the Christmas Party, they were giving away substantially larger Christmas raffle prizes to them. That didn't help with comraderie because we all knew that they were already getting paid a lot more than us. Bad move from management.
    - They would promise the schedules not changing and then change it out of the blue on you.
    - Basing your pay off of call length is not okay because having to use outside interpreters or even just having chatty customers, you would get penalized, and of course then they want to make sure that you're polite and not interrupting.
    - the supervisors are never willing to take sup calls unless they're forced.
    - floor support is mostly a joke. When I first started, I would have my hand up for five minutes and I could see the sups talking and joking around and ignoring my question.
    - they only promote those that they like as people, not people who will actually get the job done. They will fire you if they don't like you

Advice to Management

- If you want good customer service, dont make the reps rush through calls. this makes it harder for the reps (and frustrating) and it makes the customer feel like they're not important.
    - Good employees make good companies. appreciate those that are the face of your company. Theyre the ones who are dealing with the customers and who are doing the hard work.
    - give bonus' and support those who do their job well. I feel like those who are there and do their job well, aren't appreciated and given what they request. Give them the schedule that they requested.

1 May 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

We appreciate your candid review of our San Antonio office. I will share your concerns with our Leadership team. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience and we would like... More

4. "Run!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL (US)

I worked at Convergent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing!!!!!!!! A job that's it!

Cons

The most unprofessional people you will ever see. Training was terrible, they cheated my class out of our pay. Finally got fixed 2 months later. THEN I started to have issues with my pregnancy supervisor reassured me everything would be fine. When I contacted hr the day after going in to preterm labor they then decided to tell me I wasnt eligible for maternity leave and i ever reached out or answered questions about fela. They then proceeded to terminate me one week after the birth of my child whom was still in nicu. Didnt even have the respect to contact me. Just run they dont care about you and represent everything that is wrong in the world.

Advice to Management

Have set procedures for dealing with employee sickness and make sure your Supervisors know how to handle accordingly!

25 May 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your review of our Montgomery, AL office. We appreciate your candid feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. If there is any additional information... More

5. "Helpdesk"

Former Employee - Help Desk in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get experience out of college.

Cons

Onsite management is a joke. (HR is amazing)
    The pay for the amount of work you are expected to do was ridiculous.
    Payroll is a joke.
    No incentives to do a good job.
    No clear responsibilities.
    Very little room for advancement.
    Expected to put life on hold for off-hours maintenance, sometimes multiple times a week.

Advice to Management

Listen to/pay your team members.

3 May 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

We appreciate your candid review of our Atlanta office. I will share your concerns with our Leadership team. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience and we would like to... More

"The job was very degrading"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edison, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edison, NJ (US)

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got to work from home so I saved money on gas not having to commute . I had a set schedule and the management was understanding of when my kids had emergencies and I had to clock out early to handle family matters .

Cons

Long hours . No bonuses. No raises . No reward for being on the job for years . No room or opportunity for advancement . Great for someone fresh out of high school .

Advice to Management

Employees should be given reasons to want to stay with the company. .. other than a bi-weekly paycheck .

9 Apr 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your review. I will share your advice with our Leadership team. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, please feel free to reach out to us at... More

7. "Customer Service"

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No weekends unless there's a winter storm which would up to you if you want to come in to work on the weekend

Cons

The pay is up and down not set

3 May 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

8. "Great place to start your path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

I have been working at Convergent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun place to work, the payment is decent, the managers are very helpful and are always willing to help

Cons

The only negative thing about this place is not having a dress code, one thing is casual dress and another is to see employees who seem to be homeless

Advice to Management

Pay attention to how the employees of the company dress, at least try to make it a little more business casual

9 Apr 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your review of our Convergent Renton office.. I agree this is a fun place to work! I will share your advice with our Leadership team. We are always looking for ways to improve our... More

9. "Working lunches!"

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get 40 hours a week plus overtime if you want it. The project that I was on had weekends off.

Cons

Short breaks and if their busy they make you work through your lunch. The pay rate.

Advice to Management

Give your employees their lunch break no matter how busy you get. Pay increase.

13 Mar 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

We appreciate your review of our San Antonio office. I agree, it's nice that many of our projects have weekends off. I will share your concerns with our Leadership Team. If you have any additional... More

10. "One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great stepping stone for those who are into positions that require quick analysis. Close to mass transit and discount on MARTA passes.

Cons

The company as a call center for energy company throughout the US. And it’s everything bad about a call center experience. The pay is very low. Employees are encouraged to get on and off call quickly leaving some customers with very real issues locked in an endless cycle of frustration. The training is just shy of excellent, and one learns many basics about energy company’s. But when it comes to applying the training forget about using your brain. Companies that subcontract with Convergent only want to see # of calls not quality.

Advice to Management

Stop viewing employees as slaves.

13 Mar 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture