Convergys India Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work environment, good beginner salary, management is good (in 46 reviews)

• The company has very good management, work culture (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much apart from night shifts (in 18 reviews)

• There's no work life balance (9 (in 6 reviews)

1. "Very good company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Delhi
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Delhi

I worked at Convergys India part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is best to kick start your career

Cons

No cons are there as such.

2. "Tech support associate"

Current Employee - Technical Support Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Technical Support Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Convergys India full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transportation is amazing. Management organises small events on the floor to make the job fun

Cons

Salary should be higher than what it's given.

3. "Convergys - Intuit Process"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Bengaluru
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Bengaluru

I worked at Convergys India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit is the best process to work for at Convergys, with the best work environment, great crowd, awesome management and best part is fixed shift and weekend offs.

Cons

As a company Convergys needs to improve its hike policies, its very poor at it, will retain a lot of employees if it improves the same.

4. "Lovely!"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Thane
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Thane

I worked at Convergys India full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent working culture. Excellent training and training module. Friendly team leaders. Vivacious floor.

Cons

Heavy call volumes, 10 hours of login on Monday which is inhumane. No empathy from managers for issues faced by employees.

Advice to Management

Be good to your employees, the business is from them.

5. "Director Operations"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Convergys India full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work culture, good opportunities

Cons

HR requires a lot
    Of improvement

Advice to Management

Tenure management, leaders are reasonable, middle management need to improve, they really need to know how to handle people.

6. "THE COMPANY WITH A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Pune
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Specialist in Pune

I worked at Convergys India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short list:

1. Made good friends (for life).

2. At least the leaders I worked under were very transparent and supportive.

3. Though they never provided AC cabs (had to sweat and reach work), the transport was overall very good and the transport staff was very co-operative.

Cons

Very long list. Ergoes:

1. I worked for a process called Dell. It is a chat process for North America - USA and Canada. Like I mentioned in the pro - my leaders were very hard working and we did everything possible to make sure that all the targets were achieved but nothing seemed to make them happy.

2. There is no growth - people have been working in the same associate or as they call 'agent' designation for over 6 years. The site leaders drops an automated email to during work anniversaries and that's it. No long service recognition!

3. No work life balance. Convergys has pathetic shift timings - one of them is the so called graveyard shift. You login at 1 am and work till 10:30 am and it advances an hour later during day light saving. You'd feel tired and useless. And such hard work deserves some encouragement; but no! There are no shift allowances either.

4. Very poor compensation - probably the ones desperately needing a job will join this company. And guess what? There isn't a concept called 'appraisal'. Though in my process, they did conduct a test and gave some increment but overall the appraisal is missing. The company is 2 billion in revenues. 117 million net income. Yet the employees in Pune live in grave conditions.

5. Working there felt like working like a prisoner. You have to put in all your stuff in a locker outside the floor area. There is a security check - they use metal detectors; like we are some kind of high profile criminals. You cannot carry food inside (though we all did sneak in some snacks), you cannot drink tea or coffee at your desk. No coffee or tea machine. You have to pay to drink either of the beverages (the machine was broken for over a year).

6. The Dell process overall was pathetic! Their tools were so latent that it killed the bejesus for all the employees. The so-called clients made us dance like their puppets. The policies would literally change everyday. That would lead to arguments among associates within the same team. No one, not even the clients knew what to do.

7. The most important - the HR polices are the worst! They themselves don't know the know-how of how an HRBP works. Why because they are just the same 'agents' moved laterally to become HRs. Even if they promote you, they don't update your designation on Workday. Everything is just haywire.

8. The worst thing I had to face was when already I am working on a very low compensation, the HR suddenly declares a revised salary structure and I find out that I will get Rs. 963 deducted from my salary. When questioned why - they had answers ready on the tip of their tongue. They will shut you down. And you will have to listen to them since you cannot afford to get fired.

9. Convergys also has a Hire and Fire policy. I witnessed employees being fired without being provided proper training. It was sad!

10. I mentioned that the leaders I worked with were very supportive. However, not everyone. There were certain TLs and managers who are technically not sound at all and used foul language and stupid statements during team meetings for explain how to achieve targets.

11. No employee activity. You will only receive emails but no one from the HR will take the initiative. I remember they had formed a cricket club but it's been a year today and still no team has been formed.
    You will get sick and tired of doing the same monotonous thing everyday. I still wonder how people have survived for so many years?

I can go on and on but I will just limit myself now.
    Just all in my experience with Convergys was horrible. It still haunts me! And it is a big NO from me to whosoever reads this and wants to join Convergys Pune.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give because you are not employee driven. You never take inputs from employee. You will hire and fire and an agent's career is of least importance to you.
    If ever then please fire the foul mouthed TLs and please change the uneducated HR team and bring about a little more technicality.

7. "Compliance Associate"

Current Employee - Compliance Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Compliance Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Convergys India full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment is very good here .

Cons

The salary is some what low

Advice to Management

The management team is quite good. No advice

8. "Chat associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Convergys India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was very helpful and good team work. Good staff

Cons

Less number of opportunities to get the promotions.

Advice to Management

Give more chances in the form of job promotions to employees to get the success .

9. "Cool place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Convergys India full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning specially for freshers

Cons

Salary structure needs to be revised.

10. "good atmosphere"

Former Employee - Customer Support Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Former Employee - Customer Support Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Convergys India full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

supportive HR, good Team, good environment

Cons

no food coupons and I don't think any cons out there

Advice to Management

NA