Coyote Logistics Employee Reviews about "laid back"

Updated 22 Dec 2020

3.5
Coyote Logistics CEO Jonathan Sisler (no image)
Jonathan Sisler
Pros
  • "Very laid back, but also hard working team members(in 58 reviews)

• "Relaxed work environment, casual dress code, decent pay, employee involvment(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours for Carrier Sales but it comes with the industry(in 140 reviews)

• "Long hours not a good work life balance(in 35 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "laid back"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Decent Job"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Contractor - AP Customer Service Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Coyote Logistics for less than a year

Pros

Coyote had a very laid back environment. There was lunch provided once a month and beer every Friday after 3 pm.

Cons

This position was highly stressful. Had to deal with customers who were very frustrated.

"Avoid"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The atmosphere is pretty laid back, so the work usually isn't too stressful. That depends on your department though.

Cons

There is a lot to say, so I'll keep it to 4 main criticisms. First, the company is unbelievably disorganized. There are many tasks that fall under 5+ teams' umbrellas so they step on each other's toes and try to undermine each other, so they can claim any potential successes as there own. Yet, at other times, you can't find anyone in the company to help you with some things, even if those tasks are some one's direct responsibility. As a result, accomplishing anything is just pure luck of the draw and the organization has hardly progressed in years. Second, the promotion and reward process is terrible. You only have a shot at climbing the ranks if you were in the right frat in college, played the right sports, look a certain way, and relentlessly suck up to your manager. The quality of work you produce truly has absolutely no correlation with with your success at the company. Because of that, upper management is staffed almost exclusively with inept, incredibly unintelligent, lazy employees. Third, the tools we use to do our jobs are years outdated and horribly designed. Employees constantly complain about issues with our systems and very little is ever done to remedy that. Instead, employees are usually just told to deal with it and find a work around. Finally, and unsurprisingly, there is a severe issue of disengagement and apathy. It can be virtually impossible to get most employees, especially leadership, to reply to emails, answer their phones, etc. Despite the casual atmosphere and decent work-life balance, it seems the entire organization is completely burnt out. No one cares about the future of the company or the quality of their work. Avoid this company at all costs. If you absolutely have to work here, then make sure you have a quick exit plan so you don't end up stuck in a dead end career.

3. "Great Culture!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent workplace culture. Very laid back, but also hard working team members.

Cons

The pay is a little below industry standards, but its made up for in the great benefits

4. "Decent gig"

Former Employee - Dispatch Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment...casual dress code

Cons

Pay could be better...some micromanaging

5. "Coyote"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture and laid back dress code

Cons

Worked hard and long hours

6. "Great company!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great, the environment is casual and laid back, the people are amazing, you can move up and/or make a lot of money is you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

Long hours for Carrier Sales but it comes with the industry

7. "An unbiased review"

I have been working at Coyote Logistics

Pros

-opportunity to make a lot of money -casual dress code -laid back environment -good people (mostly) -great training program

Cons

-long hours -insane stress (if you are good at the job) -lack of flexibility -lack of upward mobility A lot of these reviews are pretty accurate. Clicky, fratty, creepy dudes hitting on girls, the whole 9. I will say that the people saying it’s impossible to hit commission probably just weren’t that good at the job (sorry, but it’s probably true.) I hit commission my first month on the floor and have every month since. You get what you put in. You wanna grind? You’re going to make a lot of money. You wanna sit there and do nothing? You aren’t going to make a dime. You either got it or you don’t it’s pretty simple. I love a lot of the people I work with and if it weren’t for them this job would be miserable. You’re going to learn a lot about what it means to hold yourself accountable to your own success. You will grow immensely if you put in the work. It’s the biggest love /hate relationship kind of job. Downward pressure from senior management to carrier and operations floor makes for insane day-to-day stress. The more money you make the more stressful the job is. Hours are long, and you’ll probably take your work home with you if you’re like me. Upward mobility is practically non-existent and if you’re making good money in sales you’ll make less as a manager which makes for a dead end sales job. Turnover is high, you’re basically a number. To be completely honest, everyone is just being pressed from the top down so it will feel as though you’re incredibly undervalued. I like a lot of management but feel as though they are forced to push the “buy in” bs and it’s really frustrating because I could care less how much a UPS stockholder makes off their investment. I’m a human being, treat me accordingly. Everyone is just trying to do their best and UPS is so archaic that they are just shooting themselves in the foot. It’s almost feels as though Coyote has lost its way .

Continue reading
  8. "Ups and Downs to Every Company"

2.0
    Former Employee - National Account Manager

I worked at Coyote Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

fun work environment. Very laid back managers

Cons

veryyyy gossipy. Feels like your back at high school with all the drama

"Decent Post Grad Job"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back office culture. A lot of young people. Great benefits since UPS bought Coyote (401k, time off, etc)

Cons

Depending on which position you have in the company, it becomes very repetitive/mindless work. Not a bad company to start off at after college, but everyone tends to leave around the 2-3 year mark.

10. "Good place to start"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Amsterdam
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Coyote Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, friendly people, lots of benefits

Cons

Sometimes long working hours, few career opportunities

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 English Reviews