Crabtree & Evelyn Employee Reviews about "great product"

Updated 21 Jul 2019

2.4
Pros
Cons
  • "No communication with upper management(in 18 reviews)

• "Changing compensation policies, rude upper management, low pay, low job security, low opportunity(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great product"

Return to all Reviews

"Great people but they weren't able to cope with changes"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working here because my colleagues were hardworking, kind and adaptable. Great product discounts, fantastic products that are easy to sell.

Cons

I don't think the company was able to adjust to new consumer behaviours and adapt new strategies to capture the market.

"Selling supervisor"

Current Employee - Selling Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, great product, sales incentives

Cons

POS is not up to date so makes sales transactions slow

"I only did this review so I could extend my membership here"

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time

Pros

Awesome manager, great products, overall not bad employment.

Cons

Company doesn't do well with keeping popular products in stock-resulting in a lot of angry customers.

"Fun but underpaid"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor/Keyhold
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, great products, incentive programs

Cons

Not a lot of hours, not great pay for supervisors, hard to move up, lots of outside hires

February 16, 2017Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for posting a review. We do have great products and a fun environment. We try to accommodate the needs of the staff in regards to hours; however, sometimes scheduling prevents us from being able to do so. We welcome the opportunity to promote from within when there is an opening, and encourage staff to speak with their manager's to discuss further. Thank you again for your review.

5. "keyholder"

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time for less than a year

Pros

great products great customer,great coworkers. Could sample products while working,talk to customers about their favorite products ,pretty fun job.

Cons

not full time, store was temporary

January 19, 2017Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We agree that the products, customers and employees are our biggest asset. Although your store was temporary, please visit our careers page often for new opportunities in your area.

"Store Manager at C&E"

Store Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn

Pros

Great product This company allows the Store Managers to be their own shop keepers. Store Managers work in tandem with other Store Managers in their district for sales and operational support.

Cons

Poor performing District Managers that are no help supporting their SM'S. The company doesn't manufacture product to keep up with supply & demand. Poor planning & support for theme changes and promos. The IT desk and company systems are usually dysfunctional. Customers are disgruntled with the stores not having products in stock or available for purchase. Frustrating to be held accountable for your stores sales when you don't have the product to sell. Corporate and DM's make product promises that they don't keep.

November 16, 2016Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your comments. I agree that we have a great product, and we love that our Store Managers feel a sense of ownership for their stores. I am sorry to hear that you do not feel you have support from management. If you would like to discuss further, you can contact me directly at jfisher@crabtree-evelyn.com.

"Brand Ambassador"

1.0
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Cambridge, England

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great products design and overall very nice shop. They have good offers and the clients are generally respectful and smiley.

Cons

The organisation is a mess, staff were very unhappy and scared of the manager. Very negative environment and very low pay. Commissions on perfume sales creates an uncomfortable and tense shop to work at.

"Manager"

I have been working at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time

Pros

Great employees and other store managers. Great product. Health benefits are good. Matching 401k

Cons

Very little upper management support. No raises or cost if living raises for more than 4 years. Little recognition for going above and beyond job description

June 16, 2016Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you enjoy working with your team and other managers. We agree that the product is wonderful, and that we are able to offer excellent benefits. I would be interested in understand more about the limited management support you mention. You can reach me at jfisher@crabtree-evelyn.com to discuss further. The business did go through a tough time when we were unable to provide raises. We feel fortunate that we will able to provide merit increases this year, and look forward to continuing to do so as the business improves. Thank you for taking the time to share with us - we appreciate it!

9. "Administrative Assistant"

Quality Document Control Coordinator in Woodstock Valley, CT
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn for more than a year

Pros

Great people and great product to work with.

Cons

The salary is poor and raises do not happen here.

February 19, 2016Sr. HR Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are glad you enjoyed working with your co-workers, as well as the product. We agree that our employees and product are great. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel the compensation you received was satisfactory. We conduct regular wage analyses to remain competitive in our industry and markets, and will continue to do so to ensure we are offering a fair wage. We were disappointed that we were unable to offer a salary increase during your time with us; however, as we have seen our business improve, we hope to rectify this for our associates soon. We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. It helps us make Crabtree & Evelyn a better place. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Store Manager"

2.0
    Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn for more than 8 years

Pros

Great product...if you are lucky to have it in stock

Cons

Lack of communication. Negative culture.Border line abusive hostile upper management. Zero support from upper management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews