CrossCountry Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

CrossCountry Consulting Reviews

Updated 28 Jan 2020

5.0
CrossCountry Consulting Founding Partners Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Culture that emphasizes core values, specifically requesting nominations during biweekly calls to recognize peers(in 9 reviews)

• "The leadership team here (Directors and above) is nothing short of amazing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 8 reviews)

• "The only people they employ are those that couldn't make it at big 4 or other firms(in 5 reviews)

1. ""Best Place to Work" is an Understatement"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible support from leadership and colleagues. From the executive leadership team, to my direct managers, to employees across the country who I have yet to meet in person--every CrossCountry employee truly embodies the company's commitment to culture. - Opportunities for growth. After only a couple months, I have already been offered countless opportunities to shape my role. Employees are encouraged to engage in work that interests them and requirements for advancement are clearly outlined. - Unmatched work/life balance. CrossCountry recognizes each employee as an individual and offers ample flexibility in day to day scheduling.

Cons

Occasional growing pains. But these have allowed me to take on responsibilities in exciting new areas.

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-29
  2. "Don't believe the 5 stars"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Great work life balance and flexibility - It's a nice break if you come from a big four background, the work isn't difficult and you will typically get out of work early.

Cons

1) Leadership - I found local leadership to be very weak, they don't inspire, lead or appear to have a clear strategy. Indecisiveness is rampant and there is a clear lack of transparency between leaders and staff. 2) Professional Development - They don't actually care about your professional development, at the end of the day all they only care about is utilization. So don't be surprised if you end up working in service lines outside those you were promised and on work that doesn't inspire you. 3) Compensation - If you join the company from overseas be aware that you will be significantly underpaid compared to market. It's known that big four offer a better total comp package.

Advice to Management

The leadership team in the SF office needs to change. Weak leadership is contagious and the morale in the office when I was there was incredibly low. Every senior consultant I spoke with was actively looking for new employment.

CrossCountry Consulting2020-01-24
  3. "Culture! Culture! Culture!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CrossCountry Consulting is a place that truly has a people first culture. The leadership is invested in ensuring the people at the firm are happy and valued. The firm is growing at a fast pace and there are endless opportunities for everyone advance their careers.

Cons

Cannot thing of any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and preserve the amazing culture!

CrossCountry Consulting2019-11-11
  4. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Excellent culture - Good variation of clients - Several different service lines - Great way to meet internationals

Cons

- Less benefits than the Big 4

CrossCountry Consulting2019-10-03

"Lovely & Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Growing at a good pace which shows market value - Amazing Culture - Caring, Available Leadership - Clients who trust us and return to us for re-engagements - Work/life balance - Personal growth potential is high

Cons

- Training budgets and 401k contribution could be better. But as a small company that is growing, this will be better over time. This is nothing they aren't already aware of

Advice to Management

As we grow, please continue to be selective in who we hire. It's one of the main things that got me to join. Hiring unqualified people, or those who don't fit culturally, will destroy what our biggest market value is. Our people.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-09-27

"The hype is real"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is truly a breath of fresh air coming from a large corporation where I only felt like a number. I was skeptical at first seeing all of the high ratings on Glassdoor but I have to admit that these reviews and these ratings only share the truth. An extremely great environment to work in with great opportunity to always grow in your career goals. Everyone works as a team and it is very hard to find a place so invested in your career and well-being. They truly care for their people. The people and culture motivate me to do my very best and to grow as an individual as well as help my team grow.

Cons

None really. With any consulting firm, you can get difficult projects and clients but there’s tremendous support for those situations.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a wonderful job. The firm is growing but still staying close to their roots. In addition, I think it’s admirable that employees get the opportunity to be part of the growth.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-08-28
  7. "First Anniversary at CrossCountry"

Current Employee - Experienced Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Collaboration, Commitment to Excellence, Educational and Promotional Opportunities, Work/Life Balance, Inclusion

Cons

Retirement benefits could be enhanced.

Advice to Management

Maintain culture as we grow

CrossCountry Consulting2019-08-21
  8. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

Constant communication, collaboration and support! Appreciation, great energy and genuine people.

Cons

None , none, none, none, none

CrossCountry Consulting2019-08-21
  9. "The best place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

It has been so nice to work with such genuine people. Everyone is so helpful and friendly.

Cons

Honestly cant think of any.

CrossCountry Consulting2019-08-08
  10. "A special place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Workday in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Engaged consultants - Approachable and thoughtful leadership - Incredible recruiting team that continues to preserve our culture - Promotions based on merit

Cons

- A lot of disparate systems that employees must learn to use

CrossCountry Consulting2019-08-01