Crown Castle Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 2 Jul 2020

3.6
Crown Castle CEO Jay Brown
Jay Brown
Pros
  • "Great benefits, solid culture, caring co-workers, great product at the right time(in 47 reviews)

• "Great team that supports a work/life balance(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is almost zero diversity in the workforce and upper management(in 16 reviews)

• "Crown preaches work life balance but does not always higher additional resources to maintain pace(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Positive workplace"

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Crown Castle for more than a year

Pros

Great team that supports a work/life balance

Cons

Takes time to be converted.

"Crown Castle Jobs"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity, Salary, Training, Growth, Benefits, Work/Life balance.

Cons

If you arent self motivated, you can get left behind.

"Stable and Secure"

4.0
    Current Employee - Tower Structural Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

90 to 95% of Crown's income is contractually obligated at the beginning of the year. Crown compensates it's employees well and there is job security once you are established as a trusted employee. Crown is a small company with only 5,000 employees, yet is in the top 100 of enterprise value of publicly traded companies. Good benefits and time off is encouraged for work life balance.

Cons

There is not much upward mobility. Management positions will mostly go to those with management experience. This isn't a fast growing company with lots of opportunities. The growth is modest and lots of management positions go to outside hires. There is almost zero diversity in the workforce and upper management. It is a white man's world.

February 3, 2020The team at Crown Castle

Thanks for the review! We're glad that you enjoy working here at Crown Castle. We're committed to being an inclusive environment and it's something we'll continue to work on. Please continue to share your views with us, either via our intranet or in our regular Company Conversations.

"Used to be a great place for CMs and PMs"

Current Employee - Construction Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and somewhat good work-life balance....or at least it used to be.

Cons

Very political and clicky. You will be overworked and under paid.

Continue reading

"An outstanding place to work with great pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Area Supply Chain Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, Management, Pay, Benefits, Executive Engagement Crown has truly been a fantastic and exciting place to work. I have been promoted once and just took a position in a new vertical of the company. The work life balance and genuine caring of management (local and national) for employees is the best of any company I've worked for in my 1.5 decades in telecom. There is incredible opportunity to grow within the company and move into different verticals. There are many tools and management is supportive of the process of self improvement and vertical/horizontal movement . For higher level positions you need to be a self advocate and geographically flexible, but there are so many opportunities to be had. The CEO and executive management team is reachable via internal chat and email. They take live questions without filter on nationwide video broadcasts. They tackle tough issues and admit problems and seek solutions. No company is perfect, but I've never worked somewhere leadership is so approachable, human, and willing to work and engage with employees of every level.

Cons

Growing Pains from aggressive acquisition and new vertical build out

December 4, 2019Internal Communication Content and Channels Lead

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're so glad you like our culture, our people, and our benefits - we believe these are only some of the things that make us a great place to work. We are in a period of growth right now, and we appreciate your advice to management on how to make meaningful change in this time of great opportunity. If you have any more thoughts or ideas, please feel free to share them through our intranet homepage or during one of our quarterly Company Conversations.

"So happy to be here"

Current Employee - Real Estate Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came from a company that was truly toxic, where the management team were bullies and did not care about their employees. Where people worked long hours, had no work/life balance, were micromanaged and constantly felt that their manager or executive team was out to get them. Crown Castle is the COMPLETE opposite of it. The executive management team at Crown CARES about what is going on at the individual level. One example of this and how they take time out every 3 months to take questions from the employees (ranging from technical questions to benefits to even asking for school debt repayment) and address them as fast as they can. Trust me, Crown is not how some of these comments describe it to be. The company has grown a lot and of course there are some growing pains that come along. The company is on track to only improve and get better. I believe that some of these negative comments are stemming from people who don't adapt to change well and instantly blame the entire company for their frustration when perhaps it could be resolved by discussing with their manager /director etc. or by taking a step of action to resolve the issue at hand. Crown is amazing. Our CEO is so down to earth and truly cares about IC. The company has invested lots of money in technology and development opportunities so that people can work more efficiently and grow in their careers. I have been blown away by the kindness of the people here and how willing they are to help you in whatever you need. Work like balance is great. Work schedule is flexible. The benefits are fantastic. I am grateful to be working here.

Cons

It can be difficult at times for contractors to find full time positions which can be disheartening for contractors because they want to work for Crown full time as they see what a great company it is. Sometimes the interview process can take too long.

October 4, 2019The team at Crown Castle

Thank you for your positive review of what it's like to work here at Crown Castle. We're glad you're having a positive experience working here. Please continue to contribute your feedback and ideas via our Company Conversations and intranet, We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

"Undertrained, But Expectations Outrageous."

Former Contractor - Contract Employee

I worked at Crown Castle

Pros

The "healthy" snacks provided so you can eat your life away when you are stressed.

Cons

You come in thinking that people seem happy and that there is a good work life balance, only to find that people are actually overworked and stressed out to the max. It seems as though they are understaffed. If you are a project/operations coordinator, be ready to work at 1000 miles per minute. You will report to multiple project managers and will be trained for only a few days. Then, you will be thrown in the fire and realize that you are cleaning up past employee mistakes. Also, you are most likely a contract employee who won't have any PTO. They hire contract employees so that they don't have to pay for or offer benefits. I hope they really hire more people who are actually qualified. And the culture doesn't make sense. They say to be real and to be an owner, but how can you be an owner if you don't have proper training?

"Great Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Crown Castle is a great place to work - work/life balance is a priority. Executives mean what they say. Huge and growing business. Wireless is the place to be.

Cons

Some growing pains due to massive growth in headcount. Hard to move up due to tremendous retention - people rarely leave.

August 15, 2019Internal Communication Content and Channels Lead

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! Ensuring a good work/life balance, committing to our value of being real, and sustaining growth are just a few of the things we believe make Crown Castle a great place to work. We're glad you feel that too! Growing pains are a part of that growth, but we're committed to maintaining all the things that make Crown great through the process. You can always leave us more feedback or suggestions during one of our regular Company Conversations or through the homepage on our intranet.

"Not What I Signed Up For"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The obvious; Pay and benefits.

Cons

Work life balance is non existent post acquisition. Increasing work load but no new team members being added to service delivery PM group. No one cares about concerns and issues present within the work environment. Management values are not in alignment with Crown Castle. Bringing in revenue is more important than the health and well-being of employees. No consistent training or support from management.

June 20, 2019Internal Communication Content and Channels Lead

We appreciate you taking time to share feedback. We’re disappointed about your feelings on work / life balance. It’s something we believe in and do everything possible to help people maintain a healthy balance, as the well-being of our people is paramount. We’d encourage you to raise this with your leader or senior leader. We also have our AlertLine available on our intranet home page that you can use to share any concerns that you feel unable to talk to your leader about. On training, we know there’s more we can do to deliver a consistently high-quality experience, and we’re investing significantly in our learning approach at the moment. Thanks again for sharing your views and helping us improve the experience of working at Crown.

"Great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Crown Castle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Work life balance is a plus.

Cons

Very high school and a bit sexist. Minority management is almost nonexistent. If you’re looking for career advancement then you must play the game.

June 20, 2019Internal Communication Content and Channels Lead

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re glad that you feel we have great benefits and positive work / life balance. We promote a safe, inclusive work environment and don’t tolerate inappropriate behavior. We’d be grateful if you could raise any issues with your leader so that they can be investigated. Alternatively, you also have access to our Alertline on the intranet home page that allows you to anonymously report any behavior not in keeping with our values and culture. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Found 53 reviews