Daily Transcription Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 30 of over 30 reviews

3.5
Daily Transcription Founder/Vice President of Development Jason Reeves (no image)
Jason Reeves
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer

Nil

Nov 8, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Nairobi
    Business Outlook

Pros

Parsonal advance in knowledge and business

Cons

Repetitive since you repeat job to make it clear

2. 1.0
    Former Contractor

Too much work for such low pay

Nov 17, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working remotely is the only good thing.

Cons

Low pay and unprofessional behavior

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Communication

Sep 17, 2021 - IC Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working as an independent contractor for DT. The communication between the team and the IC's is wonderful and quick. Turn around time for projects and pay is very fair.

Cons

There's slow seasons, but that's to be expected.

4. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

A great company for the detail-oriented!

Aug 24, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is always changing so it's hard to get bored. The quality control team will invest time in helping you improve. Communication is quick and cordial. If you have questions, they're answered quickly. The better you get the more profitable the work becomes. You can work from your couch with a dog at your feet!

Cons

Files vary in difficulty from job to job so it's hard to predict how long an assignment might take. Learning the ropes takes time and patience.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great company to type for

Aug 27, 2021 - Medical Transcriptionist (Independent Contractor)
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the management and submissions staff are well-organized, friendly, thoughtful, communicative, and ready to assist if you run into any issues. I never feel micromanaged or overly stressed.

Cons

Deadlines can be tight, but that's the nature of this business. Amount of work depends on availability (No set schedule)

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good for extra income

Aug 26, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty consistent work for extra income, good for me to make some money while staying home with a toddler and working when I am available. I have never have had any problems with payment, and have had good feedback with assignments. This may not be for everyone, but it works very well for my and our family.

Cons

Work is not always available, so it may not be suitable for someone as the only source of income, no benefits, an a you are paid as an independent contractor.

7. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 10 years

Great Company to Work With. Highly Recommend

Aug 26, 2021 - Independent Contractor, Transcriptionist in Springfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I can work around my schedule and that the work is pretty consistent. This is a perfect company for a self-motivated person who wants to work at home.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Apr 27, 2021 - Doctoral Student in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Help growing people, is great.

Cons

Nothing yet. I will continue working.

9. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Unrealistic expectations, unprofessional staff

Apr 22, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home and making your own schedule are the only pros here.

Cons

Some of the files are such poor quality. You’ll have files sent back for corrections for using inaudibles when it’s unrealistic to be able to hear in some places. I’ve been made to transcribe two overlapping conversations when the talent’s mics were hooked up to the same camera. Basically transcribing two files for the pay of one, which is already small. Files will be sent to you with tags like “dialogue 4” implying there are FOUR people needing to be transcribed, only to read in the special instructions you are also expected to transcribe the producers and multiple camera men. A 60 min file should ideally take 4 hours to complete, but when you’re struggling to hear because of poor audio quality or multiple people talking over each other, it turns what can be a 10-12$/hr job into paying less than minimum wage. Staff have terrible communication skills. I would email questions only to never receive a response. One reviewer/staff member decides they don’t like you (for rejecting an assignment or some other nonsensical reason) and suddenly every reviewer is sending your work back for correction for petty reasons after months of not having work returned. You’re made to put yourself on the schedule and say how many minutes you can do, but the scheduler will consistently send significantly more minutes than you signed up for. A simple 20 extra mins translates to an extra hour and a half of work easily. And if you reject the file because it’s more than you have time for and more than you signed up for, you’re penalized by being removed from the schedule and not receiving work the rest of the week. The whole arrangement is incredibly frustrating and unprofessional. Transcription is a good job for many reasons when you’re good at it and the audio is fair and the expectations are realistic. This isn’t the place for that.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Freelancer

You WILL get sick of it

Jan 30, 2021 - English Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Choose your own hours, flexible

Cons

Low pay, long and tedious work

2 people found this review helpful