Daimler Trucks North America Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 373 reviews

3.5
Daimler Trucks North America CEO Roger Nielsen
Roger Nielsen
Pros
  • "There are a lot of great benefits once you reach manager level(in 42 reviews)

• "Good benefits with 6% 401K match up to 8%(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "No stock options (because this is a German company)(in 20 reviews)

• "International Students have limited scope to convert Internships to Full Time(in 12 reviews)

1. "Exiciting and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chennai

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America

Pros

Exposure to complexities of global company. Insight and participation in Daimler Trucks global strategy and implementation. Management style is open door. Meritocracy based organization. Located in Portland.

Cons

Difficult to balance work and family. Being part of large company, namely Daimler A.G., sometimes decisions take time and require hi degree of ailgnment with all stakeholders.

Daimler Trucks North America2011-12-25
  2. "Inconsistent management and no accountability"

Former Employee - Corporate in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Different standards for different people. No accountability for lack of work ethics.

Advice to Management

Train them.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-07-20
  3. "Great exposure to how a global company operates, and very attractive employee benefits"

Current Employee - Head of Customer Experience in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cons

Can be slow-moving, and silo'd. And needs a continued focus on diversity & inclusion.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-07-02

"Product Strategy Dept has turned into a high school popularity contest"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC

Pros

Stable company, training, employee lease program, clean buildings, GLOBAL (not local) corporate culture, CEO is great!

Cons

For the Fort Mill, SC site: Wrong employees are promoted/hired. Favoritism is rampant, especially in Marketing and Strategy. Witnessed several staged interviews, where the decision has already been made before interviews start. Level 2 of Marketing and Strategy is either oblivious or knows what is happening. Even for entry level co-workers, I have even seen long serving interns denied permanent opportunities for...

Advice to Management

You need a moderator from HR in ALL your interviews. I have seen way too many (especially L7 and L6) candidates get sucked into staged interviews. Many of those were hard working interns who were passionate about the brand and company. Expedite hiring processes. Allow employees to easily transfer from one business unit to another (Example: Daimler Trucks NA to MBUSA). CEO is fabulous!

Daimler Trucks North America2019-07-16

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Assembler in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will appreciate your next job.

Cons

Sweat shop. Bad union deal.

Advice to Management

Just close the place and forget it ever happened.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-06-29

"Horrible management"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved my job, I went above and beyond to prove I should be there and I wanted my job permanently!

Cons

If someone's family member is there and not even doing their job, they will be selected over you, no matter how hard you work and extra hours you put in!

Advice to Management

I did summer hire last year in my local area, went above and beyond to prove how much I wanted a job, I was told over and over I would, and I believed in it and in the company! Others were selected over me that was the sons and daughters of people that had worked there for years and didnt even work as hard as I did. This year I wanted to try to get in again because I truly loved my job and i tried another plant, they...

Daimler Trucks North America2019-07-10

"discriminatory culture"

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time

Pros

free tea, coffee and fruits

Cons

Daimler has a bad reputation around the town for its very discriminatory and exclusive culture. Employees have huge egos. minorities and contractors are second class citizens. technology is on the lower end of the software spectrum. Daimler has light years to catch up to the high tech. modern, inclusive and highly collaborative companies on the west coast.

Advice to Management

you have nothing to offer to attract and keep talent. people run away because of limited opportunities and the challenging exclusive working culture.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-06-16

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Decent benefits - Depending on manager very flexible work/life balance - WFH days

Cons

- policies not always consistent across all teams - salaries lag behind industry standard

Daimler Trucks North America2019-05-05
    • "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Gaffney, SC

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great Work/Life Balance -Spectacular 401(k) match and non elective contributions ($0.75 of every dollar match up to 8% of base salary also a non-elective company contribution as well: under 40 is an additional 3%, under 50 is 5% and over is 7%. Therefore if an employee makes the 8% 401(k) contribution the company will match 9%, 11% or 13% depending on age.) -Mercedes-Benz lease program (if played correctly: zero down,...

Cons

-Pay could be better but it is not terrible. -Facilities are decent for a manufacturing plant but there is no gym and a non-maintained walk-way -Tools needed for the job are not always readily available

Daimler Trucks North America2019-05-07

"Always Busy"

Former Employee - Internship in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in the offices directly above the truck plant, so we always had plenty to do. Very welcoming environment, and the people are great. They really want you to do well, and offer plenty of help (as long as they aren't swamped). I loved pretty much everything. Great experience juggling projects and such.

Cons

Hard to apply for jobs because interns have to wait for them to go external first. Besides that, just recognize that as an intern you are technically the lowest priority, even though they don't make you feel like that. Also, projects are totally random, just depends on what the plant needs most at that time, so speak up and fight for projects you want but always be flexible.

Advice to Management

I loved my boss (Lamar Jenkins). He was probably the best part of the whole internship. He really cares about his workers. He'll probably retire soon though, so whoever replaces him has big shoes to fill.

Daimler Trucks North America2019-04-27