Digital Air Strike Reviews

Updated 12 Apr 2021

4.0
Digital Air Strike CEO Alexi Venneri (no image)
Alexi Venneri
Pros
  • "DAS is by far the industry leader in the social media, reputation and lead response management space(in 11 reviews)

• "DAS gives team members plenty of opportunities to take initiative and break out of their comfort zone(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some positions don't have the same opportunities for growth, but I know upper management is working on that(in 15 reviews)

• "It's cliche to say that a workplace is "fast paced", but we really are(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Opportunities to grow!

9 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company will really invest in your growth. Every company meeting (which is at least monthly) they go over so many promotions and lateral career moves. The company has also made a huge investment for the entire leadership team's development by providing a development coaching program. The results for our leaders have been amazing and we're all feeling the positive impact on top of our already great culture. The company has made several acquisitions this year and we're all really excited to drive some amazing results. The benefits and extra perks here are amazing including everyone having a chance to go on the annual President's Club trip. This year was Puerta Vallarta and next year Hawaii!!

Cons

We put a lot of irons in the fire at the same time to see what works. We change direction frequently. We call this being nimble and adaptable - others I've heard call this being disorganized. Either way, if you're looking for a place to just come in and do the same thing every day because that's how you've always done it, well, this is not the place for you. People that are focused on achieving results and bringing solutions on how to do that better, faster, cheaper will be recognized at DAS!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to ensure the success of all employees through on-going training and development and reward team members with monthly events and yes - our President's Club trip. Here's an update: Our next President's Club trip is to London and Paris! Please continue to share your feedback and ideas with me - - my door is always open!

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic workplace WARNING

26 Feb 2021 - Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are pretty good. Not worth the trouble.

Cons

Everyone is quick to hand off responsibility to others and have expectations to get things turned around super quick. The desperation to keep clients is clear while they go on and on about how incredible the company is and what they do and how no one else can do it! And they buy into that. They will constantly over promise and get a client any way they can then executives wonder why things can’t be deliver and lose money (according to their own info!) and then start to investigate the bottlenecks and blame the people that have been scapegoated to do the million things that keep piling and blame you for not getting it done by end of day. At the top you have bullies who have management so afraid their heads spin, and too busy somehow that their work is saying ‘yes, right away!’ Instead of ‘maybe we can come up with a plan instead of randomly doing things that we will waste time on and just trash later.’ When they don’t like something they trash talk it, and like good boys and girls not realizing how gaslit they become, just shout and scream how incredible things are. And anyone with even an inch of professionalism or skill leave within a few months. The propaganda and manipulation is non-stop, no accountability, people trash talk other co-workers to clients, and no one stops to ask, ‘maybe this is NOT okay.’ But they’ll pay anything to get a survey to mention how they are a great place to work! Anything to convince anyone that things are going well.

7 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder and CEO

This review is confusing to us as we do not have a “customer service” role in our company nor have we ever lost money, being a continually profitable organization for the past 8 years without any lapse. Nothing in this review seems even remotely accurate and it rather seems like a competitor creating generic and hostile content for their own benefit. We will be reporting this review for investigation and removal. Our corporate culture never tolerates any of the behaviors you mention including our first rule of “no jerks” - which we had since the our company formation and have continued to follow. I would personally never stand for anything you mention (including no one can ever pay anyone to win a workplace award, that’s not even possible). The vast amount of inaccurate information clearly says more about how unhappy our competitors must be especially if they are resorting to this type of behavior instead of trying to improve their service to their customers. Whomever you are I sincerely hope you find a better, more positive use of your time so you can focus on solutions and opportunities instead of spreading false negativity. My contact information is on our website if you would like to reach out to me as I would welcome a call to help you in whatever challenges you are personally facing.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Try to find a better place to work.... you won't!

12 Apr 2021 - Director in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares. They care about you, your family and their clients! They are consistently looking for ways to improve not only our products and services... but also the work environment as well! How many other companies grew rapidly and efficiently during a pandemic?! DAS goes above and beyond with their amazing benefits, inclusive culture and super fun atmosphere!

Cons

Honestly, there really aren't many at all! Keep rocking!

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate your feedback and understanding that we are always looking for new ways to help our clients and our employees. Please continue to share your thoughts - - my door is always open, or please share during my monthly lunches and happy hours with new employees and those celebrating work anniversaries.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

4 Aug 2020 - Software Quality Assurance Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great culture. The health benefits are excellent. The company covers 90% of the employee's cost. After 6 years at the company they even cover employee's contribution making it free. There is a lot of mentorship and you basically have a buddy that helps you moving ahead in the company, career and personal life. They work around your personal goals and encourage learning new skills and also reimburse for any courses taken. No one tries to take credit for your ideas or work and everyone is very respectful. They acknowledge even small contributions and encourage you to explore additional ideas to do your work faster, better and help our customers succeed. Our CEO puts a lot of effort on team building, leadership and she is always taking notes on any new idea or solution we have. She makes us feel like we are all working towards the same goal. On the side note: She is the only employer that knows each employee by name and takes interest in employee life.

Cons

The Con is basically that we pivot a lot. This is not the company's fault as such, the market is changing every day and we have to be fast/agile and deliver the solutions before our competitor does. For example due to COVID we had to develop solutions needed by our customers and put on hold others we were working on pre-pandemic. I would say the pivoting is a necessary evil and it keeps us on our toes and helps us in evolving.

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I appreciate how thoughtful you are in your input and that you see value in the steps we take to build a wonderful culture, great benefits, and a real spirit of team which becomes your work family. Pivoting can be challenging but I am so proud of how well our team has done this throughout our company history but even more so during the pandemic. Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas with me or any leader. Thank you so much for being a longtime DAS team member!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Handled COVID Better Than Any Company I Know

4 Aug 2020 - Senior Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive environment, room to grow, strong earnings potential, engaged executives, fun place to work with dedicated, smart people

Cons

COVID hit automotive harder than most industries; primarily servicing auto industry so we felt it as as well. But we're coming back. Starting to diversify into other markets which is good to see.

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for this feedback and all you have done to help DAS and our clients during the pandemic. We’re so happy you like the positive atmosphere, the awesome culture and the potential for promotion at DAS. With over 7,000 businesses served, we are always gaining new customers in different verticals, along with growing our auto dealer clientele. Thank you as well for appreciating how management has been focused on safety and taking care of our team as well as our clients during the pandemic.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Culture

1 Dec 2020 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

DAS has a great culture and the Digital Specialist work it nice

Cons

Don't learn any Paid Ads or Analytics in this position

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. I love to see that you're connecting with our culture and team! It sounds like we need to do a refresher on communicating the cross-training initiatives we rolled out in September where we shared a new program for team members to learn about other roles and get training on new skills even while they remain in their current role. Several of your colleagues are currently working through or have already completed Google Analytics and Facebook Blueprint training. I would personally love to talk with you about your career goals and make sure we are working together toward them so you can expand training and your skills relating to media and analytics.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Momentum during a pandemic

4 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

DAS doesn't stand still for anything - not even a pandemic. We continued to support our clients, our employees and our community when it felt like the rest of the country was in paralysis mode on what to do next. The team work here is unbelievable - team members from every department, every level jumped in across the board to come with new ways to do business. While the pandemic has impacted everyone in the world in some shape or form, the DAS team became stronger and more united to serve our clients, their customers, each other and our community. If you're looking for a company to join where you can help to solve for "unprecendted" times - then DAS is the company for you. You've got a voice? Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and building out a proof of concept or fleshing out an idea - even if you're in an entry level job? Then you'll love the DAS culture. We've got more momentum than ever before and the unity of our team throughout these last few months from every department ensures we're going to hit those big goals and vision and you could be a part of what will surely be the most exciting and innovative time in our company's 10 year history!

Cons

Not so much a con, as it is a personality/culture thing: DAS is not for everyone. We are not one size fits all. It's a company of visionaries, doers and problem solvers. If you're someone who just wants to come in and do the same thing day to day and be told what to do and be a robot - then this is not the place for you. If you don't like a fast pace and need to take weeks to process one concept - this is not the place for you. If you want a gold star for just showing up - not the place for you.

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We appreciate that have enjoyed our fast pace and push for excellence for more than eight years. We appreciate all team members while giving extra rewards to our long-time employees (such as this year’s eight year anniversary gift from DAS, a free MacBook). I would agree with your thoughts that DAS is not for people that prefer a slower, robotic job and we feel fortunate to have team members like you that keep us growing, embracing innovation and bringing great solutions to our over 7,000 clients.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great for marketing majors

13 Nov 2020 - Social Media Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, fun work space

Cons

High pressure, laptops aren't the best to use

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our great culture and office environment. We do move quickly and that's definitely not for everyone. We're proud of our team, the results we deliver for our clients, and our amazing benefits and perks.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best job I've ever had!

4 Aug 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products that help businesses. Company culture that's fun, engaging, and rewarding -- even during the pandemic we've had safe events to keep our team connected. Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement - hard work is recognized and rewarded. Bosses that ask for feedback and act on suggestions.

Cons

The fast pace might not be for everyone, but if you like every day to be different and don't want to be bored, this is the place for you.

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback and giving us a five-star review! We appreciate all you have done over the past five years and that you enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture. Stepping up with creative ways to market our innovative technology is the foundation of DAS. Keep up the great work and I hope you continue to share your thoughts with me and the entire executive team.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You Can't Beat this Experience

22 May 2020 - Associate Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

DAS is a gold mine for personal and professional development, especially if you want experience in Product Management, as was my case. The job comes with a lot of responsibility and a lot to learn - OWN IT. You'll have more access to executive stakeholders than you've ever had before. The engineering team is stout and communicative, they'll help you understand the technical aspects while you focus on the business's needs. You'll present to entire departments regularly and train teams weekly. You'll essentially learn how to run a business. Oh, and did I mention that business is already an industry powerhouse? Bottom line: They're looking for people with a good attitude and a knack for entrepreneurship. Bring a good attitude to the table and a hunger to build something greater than yourself & it will be well-received. The Company: - The People - dedicated and personable teams top to bottom - Strong products - Energetic and fun work environment - Loads of opportunity - Proactive leadership to changing competitive and economic landscapes - Exceptional middle management - Location The APM Role - Constant collaboration with each department - Fast-paced & everchanging day-to-day - Exceptional management - Responsibility & experience is second to none

Cons

Every company has some areas for improvement, and DAS is no exception. The company is always pivoting, which overall is a good thing, however, I think they could be a bit more thoughtful before they commit to an idea. There can be a sense of "we need to do this NOW, drop everything" which, at times, can be frustrating to the teams who put lots of hard work into a previous priority that risks not coming to fruition. Don't get me wrong, sometimes changes are essential (especially recently, with COVID-19), and I applaud the organization for being so nimble and proactive in response to the pandemic. I think its important for any organization to really elaborate on how it uses its resources most productively and I think overall the company would be EVEN STRONGER if they were more intentional about mitigating priority context-switching. The Company: - Common initiative changes/context-switching - Legacy bugs drain dev team productivity The APM Role: - Below-average salary - Junior team members inherit busywork

9 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder and CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your time with DAS! We appreciate your contribution to the company and understanding of what it takes to be successful, including pivoting due to COVID-19. As a point of reference, we have had a team in place for years that is focused on legacy and bug fixes, however you worked on primarily new platforms and were not exposed to these teams on a regular cadence. With the recent pivot during COVID-19, we started an “all hands on deck” approach. Team members who generally had the luxury to work only on new development were asked to wear multiple hats to have a better understanding of our full scope of systems and to assist with the most critical aspects of our current or future business. “Nice to have” solutions were slowed down but none were stopped. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your comments and ideas in greater depth. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 164 Reviews