Digital Domain Technical Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Daniel Seah

"Technical director"

Former Employee - FX Technical Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Digital Domain

Pros

Full of great people, artists, great projects, historical and iconic in the business. I felt much pride and fun working there.

Cons

Management needs to get things organized at times. The facility isn't the best. Since bankruptcy, there are no free drinks or snacks.

Advice to Management

There is not much I can say to them. They are great people. Just the horrible nature of the business makes things not good.

Digital Domain2017-09-15
  2. "No work life balance, little pay"

Former Employee - Pipeline Technical Director

I worked at Digital Domain for less than a year

Pros

Helped me realised VFX is not for me

Cons

No work life balance, suddenly you have to work until 7pm weekdays and Saturdays too (not during crunch time either). Though, I guess these kind of things are norm in most VFX companies.

Digital Domain2017-03-08

"World class artistic talent and an amazing history of work."

Current Employee - Pipeline Technical Director in Venice, CA

I have been working at Digital Domain full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Digital Domain can be an incredible place to work; you are surrounded by talented, brilliant people. When things are going well it's like a family of geniuses, where amazing work is done by people pushing the limits of their abilities. Unlike other companies in the industry there's quite a bit of room for movement once you get a foot in the door, and there's a lot more camaraderie and mutual support than I've seen at...

Cons

The work/life balance simply isn't there; too many hours of overtime, almost all of which are due to poor coordination and planning, as well as an overall lack of ability in upper management to steer the ship well. When times are good there's too much to do in too short a time and the burnout rate is extremely high; when times are bad, which under past executives has been far too often, there's a palpable sense of dread...

Advice to Management

Invest more in the people and less in rearranging the org chart. Never, ever, again consider trying to take a VFX company public. And, most importantly, share with your people the plan, and let them help you execute it, rather than just react when you've overreached.

Digital Domain2014-05-25

"godd for your resume, bad for your morale and wallet"

Current Employee - Technical Director in

I have been working at Digital Domain

Pros

it is good for your resume if you're a young enthusiastic and somewhat blind to your exploitation by this company

Cons

overtime all the time, changes to schedules and the things you're working on. no information sharing, bad attitude by supervisors, layoffs, no health insurance provided for contractors.

Advice to Management

please try to care of all the people

Digital Domain2011-09-25
  5. "A good place to stay and improve your skills. but not a good place for a long term career."

Current Employee - Technical Director

I have been working at Digital Domain

Pros

full of challenges and working for all A list movies. Open to access the knowledge in the studio. colleagues are smart and with specialties.

Cons

Too many erragant ppls very hard to work with. some things really confusing, nobody will explain to you. like the timecard is worst system. I mean it's good, but timecard trainning is nightmare, never told you anything you need to know. a lot of little things nobody told you how to do, but once you do it not in the properly way, some jackass will jump out and send you a really rude email and pissed you off.

Advice to Management

could make environment more friendly, give employee more space, like google they have 1 day each week belong to employee, they can make more creative things in that time.

Digital Domain2009-11-08