DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
DocuSign CEO Daniel Springer
Daniel Springer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture is terrific at creating work life balance while keeping a positive competitive environment" (in 92 reviews)

• "Company is growing so lots of opportunity" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet" (in 36 reviews)

• "Still some growing pains evident as growing so fast" (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enterprise Corporate Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Enterprise Corporate Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE - Since the company went public 5 months ago, people are legitimately lit up. It's kind of like something in the air has everybody a bit more chipper than usual. Weird.

THE LEADERSHIP TEAM - Dan and his team are doing a killer job. How do we know that? They give themselves "grades" every quarter at our All-Hands meetings. They follow up on the things they said that they would do and didn't do and keep everybody up-to-date on progress. Obviously, the company has been performing at a high level and when that happens, sometimes a leadership team loses sight of the "small stuff". Not this team. They care. They have increased benefits, they've been proactive about relevant topics i.e. equal pay, diversity, leadership pathways etc. If Dan's approval rating tells you anything, the company as a whole has a lot of confidence in what Dan and his C-Suite team are doing on a day-to-day basis as they lead our company post-IPO.

COMPENSATION - From my understanding DocuSign comp is competitive across the board. For salespeople you have an OTE number and the Sales Ops team is generally pretty fair with territories/quotas, etc. Name of the game is: work hard, hit your number and help everybody else hit theirs and we all get paid.

INNOVATION - Our CTO, Ron Hirson and CMO/CSO Scott Olrich have been hyper-focused on building out the DocuSign suite and building out DocuSign's "System of Agreement". From a sales perspective this is great. We have a product with a team that is constantly making improvements, making strategic acquisitions, building new technologies which all leads to a final product that's easier to sell to our prospects and customers.

GROWTH - We're on a good path with no signs of slowing down and a lot of untapped market potential. This is great news. Because the company is growing fast, there's a lot of opportunity to grow your career and step up into new roles.

BENEFITS - DocuSign has a pretty extensive benefits package. And anything that is missing, the Benefits team is usually already thinking about or is in the process of rolling out. Some that may be interesting:

- Generous stock purchase plan.
    - employee is offered RSU's when they're hired
    - Bike lockers
    - Full Health/Vision/Dental insurance
    - 401k (match coming soon)
    - Paternity/Maternity leave
    - Commuter stipend
    - DocuSign IMPACT: Donation match for any contributions made to organizations of your choice
    - 3 business days VTO
    - 20 business days PTO
    - Several company holidays
    - Referral bonus
    - Outside Education stipend
    - All kinds of snacks/beverages in the kitchens

Cons

Benefits missing:
    - Gym membership reimbursement/stipend
    - Commuter stipend could be higher

Advice to Management

As our company grows, keep paying attention to our hiring processes and developing our managers and leaders. Let's ensure that we keep hiring top talent and that we're investing in our talent internally. It's always a bummer when we lose a good colleague when we could have just paid a bit more attention.

31 Aug 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing such detailed thoughts. Reviews like this are very helpful to potential job candidates. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

2. "Such a fulfilling career"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, compensation, benefits, executive team is awesome and really cares, great product

Cons

DocuSign retained its startup culture after the IPO, if you're into a more uptight culture it might not be your fit

17 Jan 2019 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. Nice shout out to the comp and benefits team. They will appreciate that.

"Good Company - Can be burnt out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun enviorment
    good atmosphere
    great training - they really do have constant meetings on new methods and features of the business.

Cons

SDR management can be big hit and miss, some managers will go to bat for you, and are amazing. others should not be in the position as they have little interest in their job and like to let their employees bear the brunt of that.

Advice to Management

more oversight in what Managers are actually doing (or not doing) for their teams. some people have been promoted to incompetence.

17 Jan 2019 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Anna Schocket, our VP of Talent Development, and her team are working on an enhanced manager training to ensure more consistency across departments and teams. We... More

4. "Great software company"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

CEO and leadership
    Training programs
    Cool office, good snacks
    Stock options, recent IPO
    Reputation and brand recognition

Cons

Lack of clarity on upward mobility process within sales

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in programs that enrich your sales people
    Keep hiring and promoting great talent

17 Jan 2019 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks and I agree the snacks are yummy. Regarding career ladders, please reach out to your HR Business Partner to find out where you can the career ladders for Sales. They have been created.

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Mid Market Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Challenging role
    - Great team
    - Great Salary and benefit packages

Cons

If you do not seek challenges, DocuSign is probably the wrong place for you to work. However, you do get all the help you need to over come those challenges with a very strong team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! :)

5 Dec 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you. Good to hear that you think the help is there if you need it. We hear that a lot. Check out our new video about being ranked #17 on Glassdoor (we have posted on social media and on... More

6. "Director - Customer Success (EMEA)"

Current Employee - Customer Success Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DocuSign offers a class leading System of Agreement platform to enable customers to improve efficiency and profitability.
    Great people to work with, lots of energy and focus.

Cons

Very Busy, all of the time, if you consider that as a con!

9 Dec 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And yes, indeed, there is a lot to do!

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great company, great people

Cons

Nothing significant stands out, it is a great place to work

Thank you.

8. "To conduct sales of new business and install base expansion"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are treated as business owners, not micromanaged or having our shoulders looked over. Either we’re doing our job or we’re not. Simple. I love it.

Cons

Wish I could spend more time with the team but I work remotely. The people are the best thing about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Well done.

9 Dec 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor. Great to hear you are happy and like the team.

"You will be challenged, you can make a huge impact and opportunities are endless."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership - the team of leaders we have are incredible, they are dedicated, passionate and lead with purpose.

IMPACT program - this is such an amazing part of working at DocuSign - we get 3 paid volunteer days per year, have a donation matching program and provide incredible opportunities to give back to our communities.

Our customers love us - its amazing to get so many "I love DocuSign" responses when I tell people where I work.

Flexibility - I know this may differ depending on role, location and leader but for me I have incredible flexibility in my role which is life changing

Exciting time to be here - we are just getting started - the opportunities of our product to truly change how business gets done is stunning.

Cons

Very SF focused - our largest office is in Seattle but our company is VERY SF focused.

PTO is less than I had elsewhere which is a bummer - but still not horrible (4 weeks for most people I believe)

Benefit health plan options are fairly limited - no HSA plan which I hope we get soon.

Parking in our building / in Seattle in general is insanely expensive. I wish we got some sort of stipend for it.

Advice to Management

Remember that we are a global company and ensure we consider offices outside of SF / SEA when scheduling meetings. We are growing and need to lean on virtual options more than we have in the past.

Invest in our people more - if we want this to be the best place people have worked we need to invest in developing them, keeping them and showing them we care.

Communicate with us and be more visible in offices outside of SF - hire more executive leaders in Seattle and elsewhere and give them opportunities to engage with everyone - not just their own teams.

5 Dec 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts. We have been doing more meetings earlier to include our EMEA colleagues but it can be tricky to find a time that also works APAC -- but I hear you that... More

10. "A wonderful place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers -- ambitious, smart and eager to collaborate
    Great product -- people love it and it feels great to promote a product that's helping eliminate paper and save trees!
    Hyper growth -- the company has been and continues to grow at a hyper-fast rate, which means there are super fun challenges to work on and lots of opportunity for career progression

Cons

With such high growth, some times red tape slows things down. But eliminating some of the friction is a high priority for the company leadership and we've seen a lot of progress.

23 Nov 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's great to hear you enjoy working at DocuSign. Yes we operate in a fast moving environment. Good to hear that you see opportunities for career progression.