DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
DocuSign CEO Daniel Springer
Daniel Springer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture is terrific at creating work life balance while keeping a positive competitive environment" (in 92 reviews)

• "Company is growing so lots of opportunity" (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet" (in 37 reviews)

• "Still some growing pains evident as growing so fast" (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enterprise Corporate Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Enterprise Corporate Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE - Since the company went public 5 months ago, people are legitimately lit up. It's kind of like something in the air has everybody a bit more chipper than usual. Weird.

THE LEADERSHIP TEAM - Dan and his team are doing a killer job. How do we know that? They give themselves "grades" every quarter at our All-Hands meetings. They follow up on the things they said that they would do and didn't do and keep everybody up-to-date on progress. Obviously, the company has been performing at a high level and when that happens, sometimes a leadership team loses sight of the "small stuff". Not this team. They care. They have increased benefits, they've been proactive about relevant topics i.e. equal pay, diversity, leadership pathways etc. If Dan's approval rating tells you anything, the company as a whole has a lot of confidence in what Dan and his C-Suite team are doing on a day-to-day basis as they lead our company post-IPO.

COMPENSATION - From my understanding DocuSign comp is competitive across the board. For salespeople you have an OTE number and the Sales Ops team is generally pretty fair with territories/quotas, etc. Name of the game is: work hard, hit your number and help everybody else hit theirs and we all get paid.

INNOVATION - Our CTO, Ron Hirson and CMO/CSO Scott Olrich have been hyper-focused on building out the DocuSign suite and building out DocuSign's "System of Agreement". From a sales perspective this is great. We have a product with a team that is constantly making improvements, making strategic acquisitions, building new technologies which all leads to a final product that's easier to sell to our prospects and customers.

GROWTH - We're on a good path with no signs of slowing down and a lot of untapped market potential. This is great news. Because the company is growing fast, there's a lot of opportunity to grow your career and step up into new roles.

BENEFITS - DocuSign has a pretty extensive benefits package. And anything that is missing, the Benefits team is usually already thinking about or is in the process of rolling out. Some that may be interesting:

- Generous stock purchase plan.
    - employee is offered RSU's when they're hired
    - Bike lockers
    - Full Health/Vision/Dental insurance
    - 401k (match coming soon)
    - Paternity/Maternity leave
    - Commuter stipend
    - DocuSign IMPACT: Donation match for any contributions made to organizations of your choice
    - 3 business days VTO
    - 20 business days PTO
    - Several company holidays
    - Referral bonus
    - Outside Education stipend
    - All kinds of snacks/beverages in the kitchens

Cons

Benefits missing:
    - Gym membership reimbursement/stipend
    - Commuter stipend could be higher

Advice to Management

As our company grows, keep paying attention to our hiring processes and developing our managers and leaders. Let's ensure that we keep hiring top talent and that we're investing in our talent internally. It's always a bummer when we lose a good colleague when we could have just paid a bit more attention.

31 Aug 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing such detailed thoughts. Reviews like this are very helpful to potential job candidates. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

2. "Great culture, great product, great leadership, great people = great place to work!"

Current Employee - Head of Customer Value Management in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Head of Customer Value Management in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic colleagues that are collaborative and supportive and genuinely excited to come to work and drive great results. Leadership is strong and has a great vision they are executing on. Our product is best in class and delivering real value to customers and our market opportunity is huge.

Cons

For a company our size, it sometimes feels like we're 10X that size - it can be hard to drive change as quickly as we'd like.

Advice to Management

Continue to be accessible and open to feedback. Continue driving your vision.
    Invest to accelerate defining and implementing our corporate culture and values.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and continuing to evolve way beyond what people know us for

Cons

Not much to say here

Thanks for your review.

4. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Pricing Strategy in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Pricing Strategy in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very impressed with the culture. There is a strong focus on building meaningful career paths for junior people and recognizing hard work.

Cons

We are growing so fast that there is a premium put on being able to constantly evolve and improve to keep up with the new scale.

15 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Glad to hear you enjoy the culture and see a path for career growth with us. We acknowledge that we are growing fast, and it can come with some growing pains... More

5. "Amazing work place"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great management team; open minded and available for employees from all levels
    * Horizontal organizational chart; everyone is in charge of their own stuff
    * People around you are trying to help you grow and to make the company succeed
    * Excellent work/life balance. Nobody will notice if you arrive late/leave early or if you have a doctor's appointment as long as you deliver results.

Cons

Engineering teams in Seattle and SF have been known to have some friction.

15 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review! There are so many great things happening in the Eng org right now and we are always happy to hear you enjoy the work you are doing with us while still having flexibility in... More

6. "Great people & Great company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I truly love working for DocuSign. It has been an excellent experience so far. The people are great, the product is great, and the company treats us well. We are expanding extremely quickly so I hope we are able to maintain our current sense of culture, identity & work life balance.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. The biggest employee ask was matching 401k which we received this year.

15 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. Our leadership team is dedicated to not only maintaining our culture and identity but improving it with the addition of several benefits, learning opportunities, and... More

7. "Great Entry Level Opportunity"

Current Employee - SDR
    Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

-amazing for post-college or transitioning into sales from another company/industry
    -perks: health benefits, transportation stipend, snacks, food and drinks stocked in the kitchen on each floor (super helpful), lots of happy hours, team events, networking
    -if you want to grow with the company and see a position you're aiming for, talk to your manager. the company wants to hire from within.
    -hardworking and metric driven environment, but also very fun and you won't feel micro-managed

Cons

-great perks and benefits=low pay (compared to SDR roles elsewhere)
    -the SDR team is basically a post UW co-ed frat (not my thing, but it's great if its yours)
    -i personally love not being micro-managed and having the freedom to do what i need for my own success, but there are times when our managers get super busy and are no where to be found

Advice to Management

-improve our processes to make our workflow easier. Salesforce is amazing, but has some tedious, time-consuming bugs and glitches
    -more communication on promos and product knowledge
    -AEs need to have a clear understanding of what SDRs do and how we get paid. That gap often leaves us feeling helpless, useless and unpaid on hard work

15 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your honest feedback. We are happy to hear there are many things you enjoy about your role and working at DocuSign. You also share some frustration that is very... More

8. "Outstanding place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding company to work for! Great company culture, Management team, company vision, career development opportunities, customers, rewards, benefits, offices.

Cons

So far I made no negative experienced at DocuSign

15 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. Happy to hear your experience with us has been mostly positive.

"Top notch software company"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Onboarding - they take this seriously and it shows. Everyone invests the time to go to a central location to meet new hires, learn about the products, experience the culture, and team build through community service.

2. Work balance - hours are reasonable and flexible. I am able to drop off the kids, get into the office a bit later, leave a bit early to pick up the kids, then get back online at night for an hour or two to catch up.

3. Amenities - there's lots of snacks and food if you don't have time to go out to eat. It's not a full on cafeteria, though they frequently have events with food, but you can easily make a sandwich if you have back to back meetings.

4. Work tools - the laptops are decent quality and they have a variety of tools available to do your job. I've worked at places where the tools are subpar and it's a pain to do the simplest tasks like submit an expense.

Cons

1. Growing pains - there is some chaos but expected for a growing company. Consistency is not there yet in terms of how things get done. Some people are bothered by this but I happen to prefer it because it's an opportunity to do the work yourself.

2. Work tools - while the tools are great, there are too many of them. It would be better to standardize on a subset to minimize all the variations that lead to inefficiencies.

11 Mar 2019 – Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. As for minimizing work tool, we've received that feedback in the past and the GOTS org has made this... More

10. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Growing company; relaxed working environment, friendly staffs

Cons

Long hours sometimes during earnings