Dollar Bank Relationship Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 4 reviews

1.4
Dollar Bank CEO James J. McQuade
James J. McQuade

"Even when you excel, favoritism will tear you down."

I worked at Dollar Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Corporate experience 2. Relationship building

Cons

1 Pay 2. Favoritism 2. Upper management

Advice to Management

Don’t be racist, and have respect for everyone. Promote those who deserve it

Dollar Bank2018-06-08

"Relationship manager"

I worked at Dollar Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is nice, there's are various classes that Dollar Bank has to equip you to service customers the Dollar Bank way. Total there are about 10 classes give or take you will be apart of.

Cons

I'm not sure where to begin so I'll just let my heart lead me along and I hope this information helps someone. First, technology is extremely old, so ultimately u have more work to do (paperwork) than necessary. Second, hours are not great when you've been placed at a branch that has extended drive thur hours( which is pretty much everyone) so for example Monday-Friday the drive thur closes at 7:00 so be prepared... to close a few times a week leaving the branch at 7:30. Third, when it comes to your all around happiness I'm sad to report that upper management have no morals, they lack integrity, and they are down right rude. Dollar Bank is a very small bank and as a result everyone knows everyone, which that's not a bad thing at all. However, no one has there own minds or ideas. Upper management will set goals for you that are impossible to reach then treat you really bad. Lastly, Dollar Bank is a bank where when you start you will hear great things and want to be apart of what they paint to be a great organization. It won't take long for you to see, upper management doesn't practice what they preach at all. This bank only wants to throw products at customers that they don't need, just to get a sale. Customers are not treated well and after I realized that I seen that employers were in the same boat. I'm really sad to report this. However of you're seriously looking into banking you should know what you're getting yourself into at Dollar Bank.

Advice to Management

You employees are your greatest asset. Treat them as such. My suggestion would be have upper management take on a few crash courses of leadership, as well as ethics and how to treat your staff. It starts with the foundation and once you've built a solid foundation you can begin to fix the other many issues within this organization.

Dollar Bank2016-09-21

"Job Security"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Dollar Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great products and services

Cons

Less salary and too hard to get promoted internally

Dollar Bank2014-12-16

"Good starting point."

I worked at Dollar Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small bank were you can get to know everyone who works within the company. Relatively stress free, easy job. Gives great insight into the industry and how banks operate.

Cons

Low pay. Minimal raises. Limited opportunities for advancement from within. Beginning to focus more and more on sales. They say that sales pressure is not emphasized, but sales is emphasized more and more, just not compensated. High turnover rate results in employees that are less and less qualified and competent.

Advice to Management

Increase in salaries would yield better employees who stay with the company longer. Do not tell new hires that there is no sales pressure and then bait and switch once they are hired. Fair pay for fair upfront work would lead to happier employees.

Dollar Bank2013-09-18