Domo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 5, 2019

4.4
Domo CEO Josh James
Josh James
Pros
  • "Great Benefits, HSA plans, Technology benefits include(in 36 reviews)

• "The benefits are pretty great, including paying for a technology conference, and of course, free food(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Because Domo is a new company, there are growing pains as they figure out how many employees are needed for each position(in 17 reviews)

• "Not necessarily a Con, but more of a general observation/point: Domo is a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing technology, entrepreneurial in approach and collaborative culture

Cons

Still not a brand that people know about

Advice to Management

Keep working on the brand so the market knows who Domo are.

Domo2019-10-06
  2. "Fantastic opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work. Excellent management in APJ. Interesting opportunities

Cons

Struggling to cross the chasm in selling to IT

Domo2019-09-30
  3. "Great team driven to make product amazing"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer

I have been working at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits and people are awesome! Domo takes care of their people which motivates the employees to work extra hard. It’s a great environment to have a balance of fun and productivity. Another pro is the talent base at Domo is extraordinarily high, I am surrounded by very intelligent individuals with superior C.Vs.

Cons

American Fork is a pretty far drive for people who live in SLC, but that isn’t too bad, because they offer a shuttle bus from FrontRunner

Advice to Management

Keep allowing people to test drive, so they can utilize our product. Once people start using domo and see their meaningful data successfully they are transformed to a forever user.

Domo2019-09-06

"Good tech. Terrible culture & weak management in the UK"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good technology, despite the messaging / focus being slightly confused - Smart, capable and intelligent co-workers - Competitive pay

Cons

- Weak, disorganised and ineffective sales management. - Toxic culture of presenteeism where time at desk is valued above all else including quality or quantity of work - Lack of strategy. I saw two fundamental shifts in strategy during my tenure relating to sales efforts in the Enterprise / Mid-Market space. Sales teams were reorganised during this period with no communication regarding the business goals that... this was supporting - Share price halved during my tenure due to poor sales results and lack of strategic focus - EMEA office has little autonomy and is at the mercy of changes in direction from head office - Inaccurately claims to support flexible working in the interview process. There is no flexible working available - Complete absence of training or onboarding. No plan to get new recruits up to speed, no management support or contact, no effort made or expertise in sales management to support new hires. This is purely laziness or incompetence from managers, who will cite lack of resources. However, this is not an excuse for not providing basic onboarding or product training - Due to the above factors, there is a toxic culture within the UK office, with little sales activity and poor morale and performance - Leaders rely on sales tools to do their managing for them. These resources are thrown at sales people with no explanation or training and are used as a crutch by weak managers in place of the basics of sales management. There is no attempt to understand individual motivations, build team morale, explain or build a sustainable sales strategy or provide any practical support. Sitting behind laptops filling out spreadsheets with meaningless statistics to send to head office is not management

Advice to Management

- Start doing the basics of management right rather than solely worrying about reporting up to head office. Train, support and provide practical help to salespeople to enable them be successful - Stop misleading candidates in the interview process, and be honest about that fact that leaders do not support flexible working. Everything is geared towards people needing to be in the office 5 days a week, which is... fine, but be honest about this during the interview process. I would suggest focusing on younger hires or those based in London if this is the reality of how you want people to work - Stop hiding behind weak excuses and provide proper onboarding for new starters. The current vacuum when you join leaves a terrible first impression

Domo2019-09-27

Domo Response

September 30, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience at Domo and there was such a disconnect between our mutual expectations of the role, responsibilities and outcomes. We do try hard to be accommodating to remote working requirements; however, there is naturally more time required in the office in the first few months of the role to benefit from colleagues when ramping on our platform, building the initial pipeline of opportunities and articulating our value proposition. Apologies if this was not clearly communicated to you during the interview process. Your feedback genuinely helps us, so we really appreciate you sharing your views and comments. It is our commitment to provide a positive experience for all of our employees and we will use your feedback to help in those efforts. With that, please feel free reach out to us directly with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share on how we can improve. Again, thank you for your feedback.

"Good Benefits, and Coworkers. Trying to win market."

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers and catered lunch. Great benefits. If you want to be challenged, and learn more about the BI industry, Domo is a great place to work.

Cons

Domo has been growing for the past few years, but recently it seems we are struggling to win over the market against competitors like Tableau and Looker. Also, sometimes it can be demoralizing when we win over a big customer, and they churned soon afterwards because it doesn't contain a certain feature, which is happening a lot lately.

Advice to Management

Nail down your differentiation and what makes you unique against competitors. Be nimble and keep releasing innovative features so we don't fall behind.

Domo2019-08-14

"Great Product and Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior CSM

I have been working at Domo full-time

Pros

The product rocks! Everyone has been great. Very good open door policy.

Cons

None so far it's been going great.

Advice to Management

Keep the innovation coming.

Domo2019-08-06

"Fantastic place to work and great benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Support Level II in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Company culture is focused on inclusion and self-improvement New things being built and implemented consistently A lot of interdepartmental collaboration and internal promotion

Cons

Frequent changes to processes Internal promotion is usually based on who you know

Domo2019-08-02

"Great company that invests in its employees"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very generous benefits. Plenty of time off, great health coverage, lots of good food to eat :)

Cons

None come to mind as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Domo2019-07-23

"Amazing Opportunities, Politics Galore"

Former Employee - Marketing in American Fork, UT

I worked at Domo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing opportunities, the sky was the limit. You could do amazing work, and you had the leeway to try new things. Gifted people, fast pace. Bold people. Everyone wanted to make it amazing. Food, snacks and drinks always available.

Cons

Unfortunately, politics were a big factor. There were a lot of cliques, a lot of "closed door" conversations, gossipping. At times, it felt like high school again. Every organization has the darlings, and this was no different. The pressure to do more and more never ended, which would have been terrific if it had been recognized by direct managers regularly.

Advice to Management

Improve communications and cross-functional support. It was never clear WHY certain people were recognized in company meetings. It seemed like more of a popularity contest than performance excellence.

Domo2019-07-26

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager

I have been working at Domo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Domo has amazing benefits and an awesome culture. The leadership in the company is second to none.

Cons

You might get sick if you drink too many of the free RedBulls.

Domo2019-07-11