Dow Jones Data Strategy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

William Lewis
  1. "Great people"

Former Employee - Data Strategy in Barcelona

I worked at Dow Jones full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

* great people and atmosphere * fantastic office * benefits (gym, pension plan, medical insurance, ticket restaurant) * Flexibility * little stress * good work life balance * if you have good ideas they will listen to you * events (depends on the team) * most of the senior leaders are smart and efficient

Cons

* salaries are rather low * most of the positions are extremely boring (copy paste) * limited spending on trainings * Bureaucracy * Slow HR

Advice to Management

Don't let the bureacracy ruin this great company and demotivate people.

Dow Jones2018-09-16
  2. "Excellent experience for interns with a background in research and IT"

Former Employee - Data Strategy in Barcelona

I worked at Dow Jones

Pros

Amazing working environment (horizontal hierarchy - managers and editors work in the same desk), flexible with tasks, received extensive training and analytical feedback when required.

Cons

Many candidates/interns might find the role more repetitive rather than creative. In general this internship scheme is for people who are prepared to work mostly on data management - that is data gathering, analysis and evaluation.

Dow Jones2016-10-22
  3. "Good Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Data Strategy in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at Dow Jones for less than a year

Pros

There is a very open atmosphere and there is a very conducive environment for having your ideas be heard. The company is very forward looking and trying to improve as everything in media goes digital.

Cons

There are some resources that Dow Jones has at its disposal but are not being fully utilized. There is also inefficiency due to a lack of centralization in some aspects.

Advice to Management

I would try to consolidate and become more centralized while maintaining the focus on digital and continue adapting the Dow Jones brand for the future.

Dow Jones2015-10-09
  4. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Strategy in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Dow Jones full-time for more than a year

Pros

My department (Data Strategy) knows work and life balance. I love the SparkPlug events and will miss trivia games and cooking contests. My managers have the ideal management style for me - hands off non-interventionism with the expectation that things will get done. Realist idealism. If things have to change for better or for worse in this department, please keep the way that management is structured right now. Dress...

Cons

All the talk about vigorous cost management is off-putting. It would be great if upper management had more communication with those lower in the chain, maybe in the form of more site visits.

Advice to Management

As mentioned, my managers have the ideal management style for me - hands off non-interventionism with the expectation that things will get done. Realist idealism. If things have to change for better or for worse in this department, please keep the way that management is structured right now

Dow Jones2015-05-01

"Could be better."

Current Employee - Data Strategy

I have been working at Dow Jones full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, generous vacation package, hours are flexible.

Cons

No opportunity for growth, management not open to improvements or changes. Company comes off as cheap by not paying for employee outings. Salary could be much higher and more competitive.

Advice to Management

Be more open to new ideas. Provide a more competitive salary. Work on improving office culture.

Dow Jones2014-07-16

"Data Strategy Intern-good experience, but boring"

Current Employee - Data Strategy in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dow Jones for less than a year

Pros

The office culture is good. The lunch breaks are very flexible. Employee hours are also very flexible. Staff is fairly young so easy to get along with. Management was great in the San Francisco office. My manager was very nice and always wanted to see how she could make the experience better for me.

Cons

The work here is very repetitive. As an intern, continuously doing data entry projects becomes very tedious and boring after a while. The compensation is low; salary could be imporved.

Advice to Management

Management should have more days for free breakfast. Compensation could also be improved.

Dow Jones2014-06-21