Dow Jones Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Dec 5, 2017

Found 9 reviews

4.9
William Lewis

"Great technology office with progressive company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Dow Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dow Jones has provided me many new opportunities and tools for growing my career. They provide excellent benefits and allow for a sane balance between work and personal life. The Minneapolis office is energetic, innovative and inclusive. The software development teams are given the latitude to build working and sustainable software. I have never worked with such a thoughtful, intelligent and committed group of people....

Cons

Dow Jones is headquartered in New York. This means some traveling and the occasional feeling of being a bit dislocated.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on moving forward; you're doing a great job of celebrating employee and organizational successes!

Dow Jones2017-12-05
  2. "Project manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Dow Jones full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Dow Jones offers a lot of variety for project management opportunities. Exposure to many different aspects of the business keeps the job interesting.

Cons

The company is not very well organized and there is a lot of conflict, animosity, and competition rather than collaboration within senior management.

Advice to Management

Start recognizing the people who actually make projects successful rather than singing the praises of managers who take credit for the work of others.

Dow Jones2016-05-17
  3. "Dow Jones is a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dow Jones for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked in a number of different roles at Dow Jones. Overall, one is respected for their contributions and the environment is quite friendly. Compensation is very fair and generally allowances are made for a pleasant and productive work/life balance.

Cons

The only downside were a couple of re-orgs although in a company of this size it's to expected once in awhile.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Dow Jones2016-02-17
  4. "Great place to work, with amazing people!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Dow Jones

Pros

Constant Change Great Benefits Open Environment Visibility to Leadership Fantastic Training Opportunities Desire to grow you Ability to transfer between office locations

Cons

Very demanding Will be expected to be available outside of normal office hours Things don't move as quickly as I may like

Advice to Management

Keep working on cross-collaborative opportunities for employees! As long as employees work together, they learn from each other, ultimately contributing more overall.

Dow Jones2015-07-16
  5. "Too many senior management changes recently."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Hong Kong

I worked at Dow Jones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefit package is above industry average. If you like open office environment then you will love this place.

Cons

This company is not much into talent development.

Advice to Management

Think about how to increase revenue and market share, rather than cut costs, to increase net income.

Dow Jones2014-05-01
  6. "Good opportunities for growth."

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Dow Jones full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good opportunities for growth. Takes good care of it's employees.

Cons

Compensation not so good, can do better.

Advice to Management

Improved employee compensation

Dow Jones2012-06-15
  7. "could be worse"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Dow Jones

Pros

if you're looking for the benefits and just a job, it's probably good for you. people love to meet and talk rather than getting things done. used to be pretty safe job security (you will be part of a union!), though this will probably change.

Cons

everyone tells you why you won't be successful with an new idea or improvement, lots of covering you ***, internal politics, it's about who you're friends with and only small extent what you contribute. you have to manage up and find out who the power players are. doing a great job will be enough to keep it (and maybe not even that anymore), but won't get you ahead.

Advice to Management

change quickly

Dow Jones2008-10-24
  8. "Great place to work and develop a career"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Dow Jones

Pros

Great brands, great people and great culture. People work very hard and take pride in creating some of the best products in the media industry.

Cons

Tough industry. Because the growth is flat in the core newspaper industry, it takes the wind out of some growth efforts - i.e., two steps forward, one and half steps back. The company is working hard to change that dynamic by investing in new areas, new products and the faster growing digital parts of the business, but it takes time.

Advice to Management

Keep investing through the dificult times. Communicate as much as possible to reinforce the positive message we have to tell around here. People love to hear from management.

Dow Jones2008-09-24
  9. "A good place to dig in."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Dow Jones

Pros

The level of technology we employ, the scope and scale of web applications we develop and support.

Cons

Not very agile in developing new products and services, not very receptive to new ideas at a senior management level.

Advice to Management

Take more risks.

Dow Jones2008-06-26