Dude Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1
Dude Solutions CEO Ed Roshitsh
Ed Roshitsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Overall, my work/life balance is better than anywhere else I've worked" (in 21 reviews)

• "Benefits are good and salaries are decent" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Still some growing pains but success is not always a straight line as shared n this weeks town hall" (in 17 reviews)

• "For example; "make 50 calls while working from home or we'll take away a day of PTO" the continual hiring is laughable at this point" (in 5 reviews)

"benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Pros

Better working envoirnment and culture is good

Cons

Nothing bad about to speak

Advice to Management

Non

"Not Bad"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Mission.
    Growing but Well-Established Company.
    Good Benefits.
    Good Culture.

Cons

Still hard to understand how to move up.
    Still seeing some nepotism.
    Large company decisions don't always make sense for specific organizations within the company.
    Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Don't just take our feedback and make decisions without us.
    Let us actually be part of making it better.
    You miss out on utilizing good talent and risk losing them this way.

13 Mar 2019 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

Great feedback on the Cons and Advice.

Thanks for being a Dude!

"A refreshing work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is transparent
    Flexibility with work schedules/from home - they respect you as a human with a life and as long as you work hard they don't babysit you
    Growth potential is off the charts for the company and careerwise
    Leadership and the company knows we aren't perfect but work to identify what we need to improve and then act on it
    Great opportunity to make an impact each day
    Amazing people to work with and for

Cons

Need more accountability across the board - work hard then play hard
    Coffee options suck but we have a canteen with other options
    WFA is a new program and needs more support

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Defining career paths and supporting every Dude will keep the company on a path to growth. The vision shared while ambitious is inspiring.

1 Mar 2019 – CEO

Thanks for the review.

Agree on cons and advice...working on it!

Thanks for being a Dude.

"Poor Management Team"

Former Employee - Sales in Cary, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Cary, NC (US)

I worked at Dude Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helped in establishing a career, and level setting expectations going forward from here.

Cons

Starts with managements claim of transparency, obviously there are things that can't be discussed, but don't claim transparency, openness and honesty when there is a clear pattern against this.

Rules are made, with good intention, but lack of paperwork behind these rules denies even enforcement. As has been said before, they're are a group of favorites that cannot be touched, and not all of them are high performers.

Culture is force fed. For instance, I'm sure management will ask employees for positive reviews to be written since this is a negative review. This ask was commonplace when I was employed, as was shaming people in front of the entire sales team for potentially being behind a negative review.

Advice to Management

Stick to your word, employees shouldn't have the rug pulled out from underneath them when they're a consistent performer.
    Changing rules, and/or how they're enforced to suit your agenda is inappropriate.

When someone asks for help, give it. Negative reinforcement is dangerous to a healthy work environment, and that was most of what I received here.

1 Mar 2019 – CEO

Thanks for the review.

There are a number of items mentioned here I would love to understand more. Lack of transparency, negative feedback, and shifting ambiguous rules etc. are not what will... More

"typical"

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relative freedom from micromanaging, WFA,

Cons

sales managers lean way too hard on positivity and inspirational quote jargon without providing much insight or guidance. i imagine that's hard to do while so inexperienced.

Advice to Management

growing at this rate is hard for any company. but it seems like this would be the time to have seasoned sales managers. right now it feels like chaos.

27 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

Would love to understand what you are seeing that may help us in coaching and developing some of the promising leaders who have not had as many laps around the track. If... More

"Great New Benefits - Can't Use Them"

Current Employee - Sales in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"Unlimited" PTO
    CEO who cares
    Growing company
    Lot's of opportunity
    12 week maternity/paternity
    Competitive pay
    Fun people to be around, even leadership for the most part
    Dude Day was absolutely awesome
    Ability to travel
    Great office environment

Cons

- As far as the unlimited PTO goes, whenever I submit a request, I now have to fully explain in detail why I am requesting time off. This doesn't seem right and it's none of your business. If requesting time off becomes an issue (which it hasn't), then we can discuss
    - Work from anywhere: Most of us got it taken away because we "didn't perform well". My metrics were the exact same as I was in the office. I had a great year. Quite frankly we were given a powerpoint on WFA and no one trained us besides a "reset"
    - I'm being micromanaged for the first time in my "quite a few" years here, which sucks
    - Hourly rate/wage: Okay, that's fine. But since then we've had 3 lunch meetings scheduled and were told that it doesn't count for extra time. Also, these lunch meetings are typically scheduled only a couple days in advance. This is the one time of the day we can run out and get things done or clear our mind.

Advice to Management

Ed - unless I'm wrong about any of my cons, you may want to get in touch with your leadership and explain how some of these things work. Like I said, I shouldn't have to explain myself for the occasional day off. If I am wrong, I'm open to your response on here.
    - Don't provide us with a privilege like WFA and then give mgmt the ability to take it away. I personally thought I was doing perfectly fine with it but was told at beginning of 2019 "You need to be in the office every day now." with no detailed explanation other than "results"

20 Feb 2019 – CEO

First, thanks for the review. Glad you are a Dude!

At face value, I generally agree with you on not giving reasons to request days off. It is none of our business if you want to take an... More

"Sales Management not Leading by Example"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Ed is a good role model for corporate transparency.

Cons

Sales staff are told collectively by their managers that they have lost work from anywhere privileges because they did not hit their numbers. Those same managers are going on an all-expense paid president's club trip to the Caribbean...even though their teams did not hit quota, much less make President's Club. This is not leadership by example. This is a form of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Change the culture on a department by department level to match the tone set by Ed.

21 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thank you for the review.

We had a rewrite of the plan for this new year by a team of front line Dudes, including some sales folks.

The go forward 2019 qualification plan (2020 trip) for sales... More

8. "A lot of good, a little room for improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Cary, NC (US)

I have been working at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Great work life balance
    Lots of opportunity
    Strong leadership (most of them)
    Good culture
    Great vision
    12 weeks paternity/maternity
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

I have to spin a “pro” into a little bit of a con, unfortunately. This year, our CEO announced that we would now have unlimited PTO, which obviously made everyone excited.

What I’ve found from the person I report directly to, is that when I submit for a request, with this new policy they expect a full detailed explanation as to why I need the allotted time off.

There is no law that I’m aware of that prevents them from asking, but I do have a right to not feel obligated to disclose any reasoning for needing time off - therefore I don’t think we should be put in that position. If you want to trend toward what other companies are offering, don’t complain or play detective when we take advantage of it. I just see a disaster looming in the future where we may run into issues with this. Who knows.

20 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thanks for the review.

I agree with you, we should not ask you the “why” of wanting a day off. So, hopefully, we can get this message to your leadership that if you prefer not to say why, they... More

"Changing culture described as growing pains"

I worked at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from anywhere policy.
    Unlimited days off
    College graduate
    Under 40

Cons

Job security
    Ageism
    Cliques
    Favoritism
    Salary Not competitive

15 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thank you taking the time to write a review. Would love to chat if you are interested (in total confidence) about a couple of these comments to understand your perspective. Thanks, Ed

"Good Company, Job was Meh"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Dude Solutions full-time

Pros

Good people, atmosphere, work/life balance.

Cons

Felt like i never had a chance to succeed, terrible territory. No opportunity to sell anything and make commission money. Much turnover from the top bottom while I was there.

9 Feb 2019 – CEO

Thank you for the review. Thanks for being with us.