Duke Clinical Research Institute Clinical Trial Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Duke Clinical Research Institute Clinical Trial Coordinator Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 3 reviews

2.5
Duke Clinical Research Institute CEO Lesley Curtis, PhD
Lesley Curtis, PhD

"Invest in your remaining staff"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Coordinator in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke Clinical Research Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my first year at DCRI working with some very bright individuals with great ideas. Able to work remotely to some extent. Educational opportunities, however it needs to be very specific to position. Having said that, it has been more difficult to get approval for trainings due to DCRIs current financial situation.

Cons

Over the last several months, my opinion of DCRI has completely changed. While I have enjoyed the idea of working at a place attempting to be 'innovative', I think DCRI has a long way to go before they can claim this label. The projects seem chaotic in an industry where planning and execution are critical. Most Project Leaders I have work with do not lead, they manage by intimidation or they are simply not present... with their project team. I suppose it may be a lack of training, tools, resources, etc, but in my experience this is one of the worst places I have experienced for project leadership. There seems to be a lot of distrust between staff and management in general right now, likely due to the recent RIF. That may be challenging for DCRI to get past, given how long that process took place, and how the working environment was allowed to spiral downward for so long.

Advice to Management

Invest in the staff that remains. Listen to them, provide trainings, allow for new ideas that come from those 'in the trenches'. We hear a lot of talk about all of the great changes coming to DCRI moving forward, but until anything is presented and put in place, great employees will continue to move elsewhere.

Duke Clinical Research Institute2019-07-10

Duke Clinical Research Institute Response

July 12, 2019DCRI

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to receive your input, and want to acknowledge our areas for improvement. We believe your advice hits the target and is aligned with our strategic plan--allow for good ideas to come from everyone, and listen! Our focus on innovation is to ...

2. "Clinical Trial Coordinator"

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Coordinator in Durham, NC

I worked at Duke Clinical Research Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Can be hard to navigate established routines

Duke Clinical Research Institute2018-03-12

"A decent place to work."

Current Employee - Clinical Trials Coordinator I in Durham, NC

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent pay, lots of activities.

Cons

Parking is expensive, lots of work that is sometimes overwhelming. No diversity in management.

Advice to Management

Value the lower ranking employees as much as the higher ups. It would also be nice to see more people of color (african american, hispanic,asian) in some of the management positions instead of just assistants and janitors. We have nothing to aspire to because it seems we never get promoted.

Duke Clinical Research Institute2016-04-28