Duke Clinical Research Institute Employee Reviews about "pay for parking"

Updated Nov 15, 2020

Found 7 of over 204 reviews

Duke Clinical Research Institute Executive Director Adrian Hernandez
Adrian Hernandez
Pros
  • "Excellent benefits, work life balance(in 33 reviews)

• "DCRI offers great benefits for employees(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only thing that I can even consider is a con is that the DCRI is still adapting to newer technologies(in 26 reviews)

• "Must pay for parking if you want it(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "pay for parking"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love working here!

Nov 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

After over 4 years working at DCRI, I can honestly say that I love it here! I find the work challenging, rewarding and fulfilling. The work/home balance (even before Covid), is great. My manager is caring, thoughtful, a great leader and overall just a pleasant person to work with. I feel like my time is valued, my skills are used efficiently, and I am appreciated. The way they have handled Covid is what really stands out (especially since I hear from my friends and family members how horrible the companies they work for are handling it). DCRI has been very transparent about Covid, working from home, plans to come back to work, and basically communicates regularly on how things are going. They mailed us masks in the mail and sanitizer, and are not rushing to make everyone go back to the office unless it is safe to do so. They very easily switched to working from home when the pandemic began and have been amazing at handling employee concerns. As an employee I feel that my safety is at the forefront of their decisions and myself and my family are so thankful for that. They have also addressed topics of diversity and equality head on and continue to make strides in ensuring a diverse workforce.

Cons

The lack of raises and contribution to the 403B plan this year isn’t great, but understandable due to Covid. I really hate having to pay for parking.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New employee at DCRI

Jan 21, 2018 - Bioinformatician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Great training opportunities.

Cons

Must pay for parking if you want it. Lots and lots of cubicles.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Great place to work!

Jul 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best reasons for working at DCRI Work life balance and opportunity to work remotely. Collaborative and friendly environment. DCRI encourages and provides opportunities for supporting the Durham community.

Cons

You must ride the bus or pay for parking.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We always strive to find ways to create a healthy working environment that supports our employees including fostering a culture of work-life balance and providing the opportunity to work remotely. Also, giving back to our local community—whether it is our “Get Together to Give Together” annual holiday-giving campaign or donating time through our volunteer outings within the Durham community—is something we take great pride in. Thank you again for your comments and for your ongoing commitment to the DCRI and our mission.

4. 3.0

Clinical Research Nurse

Nov 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good exposure to different studies

Cons

Training Won't share training/resources across healthsystem Have to pay for parking Not flexible with hours

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just don't do it

Dec 30, 2015 - Coordinator in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Job security,benefits, human resources offers good 1.5 day orientation.

Cons

Dog eat dog environment, difficult to advance /difficult to transfer laterally, departments do not work together and are not properly staffed, unprofessional and self serving managers that do not care about the clients, projects and staff. You have to pay for parking to work there - deducted from your paycheck. Poor compensation compared to anywhere else.

8 people found this review helpful

CHRO

We appreciate your candid input. It sounds like you have faced challenges in the three years you have been at the DCRI. We’re committed to continuous improvement and have been making positive changes based on our workplace surveys. As a result, we’re hearing back from our employees that there is improved morale, confidence in our leadership and deep understanding and commitment to our mission. My hope is that the coming year is better for you, and I encourage you to bring your concerns directly to your manager or to me to ensure you benefit from the improvements we’re making. -Nicole Hedrick, Chief Human Resources Officer

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Standard Corporate JOb

Nov 12, 2015 - Clinical Research Associate I in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, work-life balance, resources, training, nice colleagues, nice facilities, good location, prestige, not stressful work.

Cons

Have to pay for parking out of your paycheck, things can take a long time to happen because of many levels of management. The majority of people who work here are middle aged women. Pay is less than other CROs, but they are currently in the process of fixing that pay difference for CRAs/ Lead CRAs and Project Leaders to match industry. That should take place in January.

2 people found this review helpful

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad there are many things you enjoy about working at the DCRI. As part of an academic institution, we operate differently than our industry competitors, but we also have access to a wide array of benefits made possible by Duke University. Also, thank you for acknowledging our commitment to offering a competitive compensation package. We have a diverse workforce and are always looking to further improve our employee diversity. If you know someone who would be an ideal fit with our mission, I urge you to contact one of our recruiters. -Nicole Hedrick, Chief Human Resources Officer

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Very political but pretty good benefits

Jul 2, 2011 - Clinical Trial Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Education benefits are good, especially if you want to go back to school or have college age children. -Flexible time is offered and you can set your own hours within the core hours. -Decent benefits

Cons

-Promotions and growth is very political. There is no logic to some of the promotions compared to who doesn't get a promotion. -Senior management can be aloof -Pay is not comparable at all with industry -Pay for parking -Mostly govt trials with very small budgets. -Employee review system can hinge on the opinion of one person on the team. -Enviroment can be stagnant

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews