Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India Reviews

Updated 29 May 2020

Pros
  • "Good brand to work with, you get lot of things to learn(in 6 reviews)

• "Good brand name, research experience, competent people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be a concern(in 6 reviews)

• "No growth potential or career opportunities outside since you never learn new skills(in 5 reviews)

1. "A great place to work indeed!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people are very good and welcoming. This is the result of the culture. Transparency exists - Work is encouraging - lots to learn. - Great Timing options to avoid traffic. - Transportation facilities - Good employee engagement activities . (seminars, games, festival celebrations,etc.) - CSR activities are also great and helpful. - Nice canteen where lunch is available at subsidized rates for employees.

Cons

- None that i can think of.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-10-17

November 18, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoy the work, the culture & the people! Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at D&B India. We strive to create an open culture and value feedback so that we can become an even better company.

"Poor Processes, Lack of Transparency No clear Vision / Growth Path"

2.0
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Planner in Mumbai

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great profile in a high growth industry.

Cons

I had joined as a management trainee and there was no rating given for two years. So no process or KRAs set aor documented. Even after two fabulous years, the management expected a certain incumbency as a criteria to promotion with no weightage on numbers. The management only worked in fire fighting mode and it was only when I decided to move on was I offered a new role to compensate for a year lost. It was too hard to believe as there was documentation around this. The industry I worked in is a volatile industry which requires a lot of compliance and expertise which I believe is lacking in the senior incumbents and mid - level management. There was minimal support on large deals which were closed and reviews were taken on pen and paper. Top level management moved out around the same time without succession planning which puts a question on D&B's interest in a high potential market like India.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2020-05-29
  3. "Ok Place to Work"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time

Pros

Good Incentive program, which is only positive for Sales team

Cons

Operations issues Very slow to take decisions

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-09-24

October 17, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We would need more clarity to understand where we aren’t meeting your needs. Do contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com if you'd like to speak further!

4. "Customer Service Executive"

4.0

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time

Pros

Good Organisation to work with

Cons

No growth for the Employee

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-09-09

October 17, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We have a strong tradition of growing people who have demonstrated the ability to deliver excellent results in different ways under our #GrowthfromWithin Initiative at D&B. When it comes to growth Opportunities, we have multiple avenues, like IJPs, continuous education, a Sales Academy, coaching and challenging projects across functions which is open to all our Team Members. Do feel free to contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com if you have any further suggestions, ideas or feedback!

5. "Strategic Account Planner"

4.0

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time

Pros

Freedom of work, good compensation, and incentives, on-time reimbursements.

Cons

management is not aware of the ground realities in the market.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-07-16

July 26, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

We appreciate your feedback & are delighted to know that you value our efforts in creating an environment where you can thrive. Thanks for sharing your concerns. We now have regular formal check-ins and 1 on 1's between the leaders & the team to address how to tackle ground realities. We also need your help to understand where we aren’t meeting your needs. Do contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com if you'd like to speak further.

"D&B is not a company it's a museum. They are still in the process of inventing the wheel."

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time

Pros

There are so many pros about this company that you can successfully write each behind a postage stamp.

Cons

The company is filled with employees who should have taken retirement ages back but still occupying seats and not allowing young people to grow. I don't know whether most of the employees even have a proper college degree because if they had a competition with the room temperature in the IQ race, room temperature would have won hands down. The company keeps boasting that it is a 175 years old company and 4 US presidents worked for it they should be ashamed of the fact that despite being so old they have not grown yet, say thanks to the US that they set up the entire process and concept and you are enjoying on someone elses brainchild and hardwork. 75 months old start ups are doing great and earning 100x profit than this company. All the reviews talking about this company being good and gives work life balance etc and all is an inside job and employees are told to write reviews I had been told to give good ratings in the GPTW(Great Place To Work) Survey by my manager. They try to keep a good picture of the company. People who are saying "NO Cons" so far please get a life even companies like Google and Facebook are not perfect please dont try to fool the people who are thinking to join this company. Kindly be transparent. People play politics of the lowest level, they talk about each other. People rampantly comment on your attire and your appearance. They pass loose and dirty comments and if someone gets offended they say that it was done in good faith and HR tries to convince you that this company is like a family and you should take everything lightly but there is a limit. HR should come up with strong policies especially against those who are in the system since long time and try to bully the freshers or people on third party payroll. People use abusive language while having discussions and employees even have raised their hands on each other over petty issues, you can ask people about this if you manage to join this company. HR are blindfolded by the management and are their puppets they will only say Hello to you if they think you are under performing rest of the times they are busy in organizing Rangoli & Halloween. Late sitting in this company is seen as hard work, some managers stay at a distance of 1KM from office and expect people coming for far off places like Matunga, Badlapur, Mira Road etc to stay back late even if there are no deadlines, just to join them for late evening tea or coffee. Smartness is despised here and late sitting, wooing and sucking up to the management are considered as must have skills to survive in this company. I somehow survived for 2 years. Now I regret I wasted two important years in this company. People here are working for more than a decade yet cant write a simple one liner e-mail. Just because they joined in 90s the company thinks they are a gem and should be preserved like antiques in Musuems. No job role here require any amount of mental work, the company still works like a registrar office of the early 90s. Employees prefer to use same age old techniques even in the times where technology has evolved so much just because they are used to it and dislike a change. Coming to their products, the product prices are way to high and this company is known for doing shoddy jobs. Few of my current clients told me that they dealt with DnB in the past and had a horrible experience with the data they bought from this company. There is no sync between sales and operations team their egos are bigger than the goal of the company and they spare no chance to bring each other down.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-07-01

July 26, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We value all the feedback we receive, so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. Making sure our managers are living our core values and supporting their teams is top priority. We have a number of initiatives rolling out for our managers, while continuing to measure their effectiveness and guidance around supporting teams. We also need your help to understand where we aren’t meeting your needs. Please feel free to contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com to discuss anytime. We wish you the best.

"Pathetic Middle-level Management with no receptiveness to ideas-suggestion"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Mumbai

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time for less than a year

Pros

None i can think of for Mumbai team of SER [Self-Evaluation Reports]

Cons

No feedback mechanism to new recruits; no proper organised training to new recruits; no receptiveness of my immediate bosses to ideas, suggestions regarding the content of reports and about new report product variants. No respect to value-addition to report-writing work. Openness to new ideas and suggestions for improvement-correction in report content is zero; middle level management work quality and knowledge quality is inferior and inadequate; Inadequate on-the-job training with very casual attitude; no proper organised training regarding the job profile to induct new recruits; no proper-formal-constructive feedback mechanism despite frequent follow-ups with immediate bosses for the same.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-04-30

July 26, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We're also committed to making D&B a fulfilling place to work. We encourage you to contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com if you'd like to speak further.

8. "Great people but hectic life"

Current Employee - Associate in Mumbai

Pros

There is a lot to learn at D&B, opportunities to grow are also present. The processes are good, the profiles are great, the people too are helpful

Cons

Honestly I think when you work at D&B you have to be ready to put in all your hours cause they will demand it

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-02-03

October 17, 2019Senior Executive - People Team

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've enjoyed the culture of learning, the processes & the people at D&B. We have introduced various Work Hour Shifts and reiterate the importance of it at various avenues, to ensure that Team Members have a healthy worklife balance! Do feel free to contact us at dsouzamic@dnb.com if you have any further suggestions, ideas or feedback!

"Glorified data entry operation with misguided egos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India full-time

Pros

-Decent management, new CEO for india has good vision -Undergoing a transformation plan that might bring out some good results

Cons

- Most of the work is glorified data entry, but the analyst's egos are boosted to the max so they believe they are the smartest in the world. - A lot of uneducated, rude employees make the working environment unbearable. - If you are starting off or working in a beginner level role, you can expect a lot of hate from complete idiots just because of them being one level above you. - Negligible amount of mental effort is needed to work in some departments, yet staying late is encouraged especially at the end of the month. This is due to the fact that someone in the chain of command is too lazy to do his work, slowing down the whole process. -No growth potential or career opportunities outside since you never learn new skills. -HR is extremely pathetic, they provide incorrect job descriptions, ignore emails from employees and are extremely slow in their response.

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-03-01

"Management intern."

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India

Pros

Very helpful co workers Industry leading pay Office space is very friendly with activity area

Cons

Monotonous work Hierarchy of managers is overwhelming sometimes Year end work pressure in December is intense and inters are more or less hired to tackle that Very less chance of getting permanent if you have no prior experience before internship

Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India2019-01-17