Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

1.0
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 79 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 50 reviews)

• Management has little regard for work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

1. "lead"

Pros

nice place to learn new tech

Cons

highly difficult to work in extreme pressure

"Beware of poor leaders"

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work remotely most of the time

Cons

Having a leader that would scream and yell at employees in front of the office and on conference calls. I've never worked for such a horribly unqualified leader in my entire career. It became blatantly obvious she was out to make herself look good to upper management - no mater the cost to her team.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your leaders that have remote, digital marketing teams.

"Not as great as they say they are!"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Lots of good, hard working people here but they are basically hamstrung by ridiculous C-level VPs and their self entitled executive admins.

Cons

They treat much of their workforce here as disposable. Quite a few lawsuits centered on unlawful termination. Enter at your own risk!

5. "Not a satisfying experience"

Pros

- Malibu Office is good
    - Good Activities
    - Every Wednesday Free Lunch
    - Free snacks

Cons

This is my opinion:
    - Favoritism
    - Nepotism

Advice to Management

- Judge the employees by providing them equal opportunities.
    - Please take the qualifications of the person into consideration

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bethlehem, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bethlehem, PA (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to be unprofessional, dress like a slob, listen to rap music, smoke pot on company time and property. If you are a customer you can pay for a better rating and submit your own false info.

Cons

Rules smules, they only exist to take away your earned commission. Human resources should be renamed Management Protection Program

Advice to Management

Sell the company to a group that has integrity and ethics.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

13 Apr 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take all such concerns very seriously. At Dun & Bradstreet, we take pride in our culture and have been named one of the world’s most ethical companies for the... More

"No Vision or Employee Appreciation"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I found a way out. This company taught me exactly how not to treat people. I was successful here, but was handicapped by leadership.

Cons

I worked under the worst leadership chain imaginable. No long term vision. They didn't understand sales cycles. No respect for employees. Bad-mouthed fellow employees and our customers.

My manager shuffled territories for his team every year... every year, distributing my hard earned pipeline to the rest of the team in an effort to make him look like a strong manager. Never allowed his employees to have great success. He constantly blamed his team for his failures, and veiled his coaching (a term I use lightly) under the corporate concept of "open and honest feedback." He spoke a lot of "perception," but that was his excuse for not paying attention.

HR allowed the sales leadership to be rogues behave like unprofessionally, and possibly illegally --- constantly turning over the sales force before leadership behaviors could be exposed. Preached the importance of work-life balance, but this was a lie too.

Consistently found ways to not compensate the sales force for their work.

Consistently forced to make poor decisions that sacrificed long-term success and stability for the sake of "hitting this month."

Everyday, I wait for a call from the SEC asking me to make a statement regarding the activities I witnessed firsthand.

Advice to Management

Learn the art of respect and appreciation. Work on strategic vision, not tactical behaviors. Don't be the enemy of your employees.

If there is an issue, make sure to ask the right questions to the right people. Your middle management team has proven they are willing to lie and hurt employees in an effort to hide their actions.

8. "Stay away from this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary ,benefits but that's about it!

Cons

The stress level, never knowing if you have to come back to work next day.Friends politics.

Advice to Management

Stop the friends politics!

"Incompetent local management"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you go way over goal you will earn big commissions. I have had several large commission checks.

Cons

Before I took the job, a friend of a friend warned me of the management in Tucson. OMG, I should have listened. The management team consists of, for the most part, uneducated rednecks with no leadership skills and definitely no HR training. Racist and sexist occur all the time. They like to challenge men's manhood by asking a rep if they "have a pair". I have heard a Manager compare a sales call to a sexual act. They are so ignorant they even brag about being ignorant. One Manager's favorite line "I have had a million HR complaints but I am like Teflon nothing sticks".

Advice to Management

Some HR training and general leadership training might be an idea.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

1 Mar 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take all such concerns very seriously. At Dun & Bradstreet, we take pride in our culture, and ensuring it is a safe and equitable place to work for our... More

10. "Cheap way to get cheap labor"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern

Pros

Some work is good, people are really nice, visibility to senior leadership. You are given a lot of opportunities for the fact that they want to get work done with wages that you are being paid as intern.

Cons

The offer letter says "opportunity for full time offer" - but catch is - it depends! despite working super hard, you find out that there is no vacancy for full time and we will keep in touch. Last year put of 100 interns only 2-3 got offers!
    Pay is way below industry standards - $28 masters, $18 - undergrad
    Additionally, you will find most of the interns are interning there because they have father/mother/uncle working there.

Advice to Management

Be open that you are not considering to extend full time opportunities to interns. No need to deceive by putting false incentives in job descriptions.

"HR as not in Human Resources"

Current Employee - Bediende in Ostend (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Bediende in Ostend (Belgium)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None whatsoever for employees (tried very hard to find one)

Cons

Big difference between employees and direct management (different rules on the floor although 'walk the talk' is the catchphrase; no way to have an open discussion; hidden agenda's; 'all for the customer' is the slogan but it should be 'take as much money as you can from the customer even when we cannot deliver what we've promised and sold'.