E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 756 reviews

4.5
E. & J. Gallo Winery CEO Joe Gallo
Joe Gallo
Pros
  • "The discounted wine is also a great perk(in 80 reviews)

• "Solid stance on work/life balance(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Possibilities are endless at E&J Gallo Winery!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at Gallo is extremely warm and welcoming- it FEELS like a family owned company (because it is!) It is amazing to work alongside like minded, driven and talented individuals who constantly challenge, coach and motivate you to do your best every day. There is also incredible room for growth since Gallo promotes entirely from within. I will do big things with this company and am so excited to be apart of it all...

Cons

Sales Representative role has some challenges so you must be committed, but VERY rewarding and one of my favorite positions I have held.

Advice to Management

Management is extremely encouraging, motivating and caring!

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-20

June 21, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have no doubt that you will continue to do great things! Cheers to you!

2. "Excellent company that cares about employees as well as success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Incredibly smart, driven, serious but fun people; welcoming and supportive culture; great salary and benefits; interesting work; exciting industry.

Cons

Commuting from the Bay Area is long but at least it's a reverse commute and free shuttle bus is available.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! This is a special company with a fantastic culture and I hope it always remains that way.

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and for all you do to make Gallo such a great place to work. Cheers to you!!

3. "Best Decision I Made After College"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The sales program was the perfect job to step into as a recent college grad with limited work experience. Through my different positions at Gallo, I know I've been given opportunities/responsibilities that my peers at other companies don't get. Gallo and the leadership really trusts us to try new things and be innovative! On a personal note, I've grown a lot thanks to these experiences.

Cons

The sales position is not for the faint of heart. You deal with really tough customers on a daily basis and experience rejection regularly. It is not for everyone, especially if you're looking for a job where you just show up and coast by!

Advice to Management

Survey your fellow managers and direct reports for feedback before making major decisions. You are not an island when you have so many capable people around you!

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback ( we especially appreciate your your Advice to Management). We will definitely be sharing your review with our Sr. Leaders. Thanks for all you do!

4. "A Family Away From Home"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. The Culture- a group of driven, supportive, and competitive leaders that are constantly looking for innovations and developments to be the best in the beverage industry. 2. Career Advancement Opportunity- ample opportunity to grow your career and achieve success in multiple facets of the wine and spirit industry 3. Diversity- Supportive and invested in all different types of peoples, from different walks of life...

Cons

Genuinely have a hard time identifying cons

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Your review made our day! Thank you for all you do to make Gallo such a great place to work!

5. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - SYSTEMS ENG-ASSOC-MONITR_WF in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

E. & J. Gallo Winery is a family oriented company that treated their employees like family members. Safety, work life balance and employees growth are very important to this company and they go to the extra miles to make sure their employees are well taken care off.

Cons

I cannot think of any "Cons" with E. & J. Gallo Winery.

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback . You made our day!

6. "Well ran family owned business"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A family owned company that runs its business with a long-term focus. Gallo understands that its employees are an important component to their success and compensates accordingly. A lot of effort has been placed in improving the organizational culture and it is working; I feel like I am part of a large family. Between the culture, job security, and compensation; it is hard to convince yourself to leave for another...

Cons

Gallo functions like any large corporation with rivalries, cliques, and empire building. But if I were to identify one major opportunity it is: Gallo is conservative and is indecisive with slow bureaucratic processes impeding action, until something goes wrong. When something goes wrong, anxiety rises and the answer is to try to do everything now without really fully understanding the problem we are trying to solve....

Advice to Management

Failure is essential to learning. It should be embraced when practiced within a controlled environment. When we bet big, expect to succeed but prepare for the worse. Planning for failure is not being negative; it is essential to executing a successful project.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-20

June 20, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your articulate and thoughtful review. We will be sharing it with our Executive and HR Leadership teams. Thanks for all you do and for your 8+ years at Gallo!

7. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible Culture that fosters creativity and hard work!

Cons

There is no cons with this company!

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-16

June 18, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your amazing feedback! Cheers to you!

8. "Awesome company and even better people!"

Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are benefits to working for a large publicly traded large company and there are benefits to working for a family own company. Gallo is the best of both worlds having the power to make moves of a large publicly traded company while still holding the values of a family owned business.

Cons

Nothing bad enough to make a con list.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-13

June 14, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate you!

9. "Multiple Avenues for Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being the largest winery, the brands that you're able to work with are endless.

Cons

With this rapid growth, they're constantly looking to better their organizational structure in which you need to be flexible and go with the flow.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-12

June 14, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your insight!

10. "Dynamic Company!"

Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In the adult beverage industry CHANGE is happening at an historic pace and Gallo is leading the charge with portfolio innovation, systems upgrades, and investing in people. Exciting time to be with an amazing, family owned company.

Cons

Must be a self starter capable of working independently. If you need constant direction and motivation Gallo may not be the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people of all experience levels. From year 1 to, in some cases, year 40 or more people feel the investment Gallo makes in training, incentives, and job security and give back to their job an incredible level of engagement.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-11

June 14, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you enjoy working at Gallo and will pass your "Advice to Management" along to leadership. Cheers!

Found 756 reviews