Eastman Integrated Global Supply Chain Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 Sep 2015

4.7
Eastman Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark J. Costa
Mark J. Costa
  1. "A Very Good Company to work with"

Current Employee - Integrated Global Supply Chain in Mumbai

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Balanced personal & professional life.

Cons

More & more Intra region employee transfers/pramotions based on performance should be allowed (eg. Asia To America etc.) in order create more Optimism amongst the existing employees & to attract freshers.

Eastman2013-10-17
  2. "Long Service Employee"

Current Employee - Integrated Global Supply Chain in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman full-time

Pros

For over 30 years Eastman has offered me challenging and diverse professional opportunities. Its culture of teamwork, ethics and high responsibility make it one of the best companies on the planet. Make no mistake, Eastman expects exceptional performance. However, it is rewarding to be part of a winning team.

Cons

Work life balance is skewed a bit toward work at present. That is recognized and is being actively addressed to put more emphasis on wellness and well being.

Eastman2015-09-30

"Great place to work and grow!"

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are the best thing about working at Eastman! It's a supportive network that will help you learn and grow throughout your career. They genuinely care about your development. Ethical Chemical company isn't an oxymoron here. There's a big emphasis on safety and the sustainability movement is growing.

Cons

It seems to be difficult to attract diversity to the area, where more than 95% of the Tri-Cities area consists of non-hispanic whites.

Eastman2014-10-24

"Does well to attract young professionals, but does not strive to develop or retain them."

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does offer a good base salary and benefits for recent graduates. Having worked in similar roles at different companies in Kingsport, the compensation that Eastman can offer far exceeds that of other local companies. Also training for new employees, while often dated in its methods of delivery, is very thorough.

Cons

VERY corporate chain of command; especially regarding methods of internal communication. Similar to a LinkedIn Network for example: I’m only allowed to communicate with people who are immediately connected to my job role, for anyone else I must go through several steps to get to whom/what I need. Several of the internal processes are “because we’ve always done it this way”, which doesn’t make for a very innovative work environment. New employees are graded periodically through the first year of employment on dated HR fluff words like “adaptability” and “creativity” and less on actual work produced or performance on the job. These discussions with levels of supervision that actually have influence on your career’s success are very politically correct and are not two-sided conversations. There is an eerie feeling of not being permitted to discuss career ambitions with these managers/directors, which makes it difficult to strategically plan an internal career path.

Eastman2014-09-25
  5. "Eastman Chemical Company is a steady, reliable employer."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the most part, I do not worry that my job will be eliminated or outsourced. In my job, I am pretty much my own boss; I know what needs to be done, and I am able to do it according to how I best see fit. I do not have a manager breathing down my neck barking out orders. Eastman preaches safety above all else. The expectation is that all jobs will be done safely. Taking short cuts is clearly a violation of company policy.

Cons

Eastman's selection of 1st line supervisors and similar positions -- safety representatives, for example -- sometimes makes one wonder, "What were they thinking?" It's not uncommon for written communication at that level to contain poor grammar and misspelled words. If a person does not know proper grammar or how to use a spell check program, can I really trust him to make sound decisions?

Eastman2014-09-23
  6. "Eastman is very ethical and exudes integrity. They exhibit a genuine concern for their employees"

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like that Eastman isn't afraid to show their faith filled roots from East Tennessee. It's the first company I've ever worked for that the CEO reminds us of the National Day of Prayer... i think that is awesome.

Cons

If you come in from outside East Tennessee I beleive it's a bit harder to break into the inner circle. However, I think it's gotten so much better as more and more people join the company from around the country and around the globe.

Eastman2014-09-04
  7. "Current employee with over 20 years of experience and my family over three generations has 117 years of experience"

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Eastman is a great place to work and you have the opportunity to grow within the company to levels you never expected. I love coming to work and having the opportunity to contribute to increasing the company's bottom line is very rewarding. We have a very diverse group of employees that use all of their experiences to help us come to the best decision in most cases that benefit the company. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

Like any company, Eastman has some areas in my opinion we could improve upon but I wouldn't share that with the world because we should be able to fix those areas internally.

Eastman2014-09-04

"Not starstruck, but overall, a pretty sweet deal."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many great opportunities in my organization right now to step up, advance, gain training, experience and responsibility. Eastman culture is highly focused on developing people.The pay is competitive, and the work life balance is really fantastic.

Cons

Highly bureaucratic and risk-averse environment, takes a long time to make any decisions. The decision is often to just keep doing what we're doing, even if it's clearly not the best answer. We are just afraid to try something different, because failure is not okay. We could be better!

Eastman2014-09-04
  9. "Great company that values innovation & sustainability"

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people & work culture; Many different types of job opportunities within the company; Strong focus on Sustainability & Safety; Disciplined, data-based approach and risk analysis keeps Eastman on-track for growth (with multiple years of double-digit earnings growth as proof); Headquartered in a great location to raise a family and enjoy wide variety of activities (especially outdoor)

Cons

Conservative nature of the company (although it has been identified & there has been a recent focus to look for opportunities to optimize)

Eastman2014-07-23
  10. "A career of opportunities"

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For over 35 years, Eastman has provided me with a multitude of challenging positions across the globe. No matter where our travels have taken us, we always knew that Eastman valued not only what we did, but how we did it. Ethics, safey, community and high technical statndards were givens.

Cons

We have a Company culture that always delivers and as such we don't tolerate excuses or failures.

Eastman2014-06-25