Edward Jones Employee Reviews about "home office"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 290 of over 4,009 reviews

3.9
Edward Jones Managing Partner  Penny Pennington
Penny Pennington
Pros
  • "At Edward Jones you are treated like a valued employee(in 275 reviews)

• "Home office staff can help you figure out pretty much anything you don’t know how to do(in 198 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The financial advisor you work with dictates your experience at the job(in 247 reviews)

• "Didn’t like door knocking aspect of the job(in 204 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "home office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. Edward Jones - Branch Office Administrators | Division of Edward Jones
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The perfect fit for a 2nd career

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior BOA in O'Fallon, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Branch offices are typically made up of teams of 2 (Financial Advisor & BOA), so naturally the dynamic between them must be, like a marriage, well balanced. My FA & I have quickly risen from Level 0 to Level 7 (out of 10). As your office advances in profitability & net assets under care, so does both party's bonus opportunities, which can substantially boost your compensation. In my case, my FA & I smoothed out any rough edges over the last couple of years & now operate as a very effective team. After working as a Project Manager at IBM at a high pressure Client site with lots of office politics to work around, the BOA position was a perfect fit after a hiatus of 15 years to raise my kids. NO office mates, so no drama. You don't really feel isolated though, because you are constantly interacting with Clients, Home Office (by phone) & of course your Financial Advisor.

Cons

At first, the learning curve is steep. Just when you get your head around a process or tool, it changes. If you do not like to be challenged in this way, it can be overwhelming.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. Edward Jones - Branch Office Administrators | Division of Edward Jones
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great if you are looking for a second income for your family

Oct 25, 2021 - Senior Branch Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

EDJ has good benefits and, as an office administrator, you are able to work one on one with your supervisor (who is usually the only other coworker you have) for hours that work best for you and/or your family.

Cons

There's absolutely no understanding by corporate that not everyone who is in admin is a wife and/or mother. They paid us as though we were only looking for extra income; they do NOT offer an appropriate hourly base wage for a single person. It took me over 10 years to get to the point that I could put my bills on autopay. This is compounded with the fact that I worked in one of the only "urban" markets [chicago] where, again, the home office in st louis does not understand the cost of living in a larger city. Moreover, they pushed AGAINST allowing us to WFH during the entirety of the pandemic. They claimed we were "essential workers" even though we were so far removed from anything that was "essential." We weren't bank tellers distributing cash, we are office workers who were told "we can work remotely with the clients, so dont let them in the office, but you need to come in." AGAIN, this is completely deaf to the workers in urban markets who don't have cars and have to take public transit. They completely assumed everyone had cars and felt comfortable coming into office environments. When they finally opened up the *option* for WFH, a worker had to jump through multiple hoops to access this "benefit" and even then, it was pretty strongly discouraged. There also is almost zero career advancement. If you are looking for a career, this isn't the company for you. The career path in admin is pretty static at BOA Trainee, BOA, SR BOA. After that, you'd have to either move into sales as a financial advisor or relocate to St Louis to work for corporate (though they are BEGINNING to branch into more remote roles for corporate gigs).

Continue reading
      8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent

Oct 24, 2021 - Office Administrator in Delta, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The whole EJ home office and branch workers are super supportive. It is never a competition between anyone and we always have a service mentality.

Cons

No cons, I learned a lot from the team.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. Edward Jones - Branch Office Administrators | Division of Edward Jones
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful company

Oct 19, 2021 - BOA Branch Office Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really cares about their employees. Wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Need better communication from Home Office to the BOAs

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. Edward Jones - Branch Office Administrators | Division of Edward Jones
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved working at home office

Oct 12, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the culture of working at the Edward Jones home office. It was a great experience overall. I only left because I moved out of state.

Cons

Sometimes you have to deal with people who have been at their job forever and are lazy which can make your job harder.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. Edward Jones - Financial Advisors | Division of Edward Jones
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture with a lot of support and growth potential

Sep 26, 2021 - Financial Advisor in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Edward Jones has a culture of putting client’s needs first and provides employees a supportive atmosphere where your growth and potential is only limited by your efforts.

Cons

Often times I have been frustrated by our conservative nature with regard to our culture of compliance. Don’t get me wrong, making sure we are compliant with all regulations from FINRA, DOL, etc is extremely important, but it feels like we are tying one hand behind our back just to make sure we don’t cross any lines. As a re